Sign in to follow this  
HighFlier

Jetway Problem with Ray Smith/Robert Catherall Sceneries

I’m having an interesting problem with Ray Smith/Robert Catherall sceneries. Since there is no good payware airport with up to date runway configurations for KORD, I use their freeware scenery.

On FSX, I didn’t have this problem. I just made the move to P3D, and suddenly I do have a problem (yes I downloaded Robert Catherall’s files for P3D). A picture speaks a thousand words, so I’ll attach a screenshot showing the problem rather than describing it.

Link to Image

I noticed this too at a freeware airport, I’m wondering if it’s GSX 2 related?  Just a guess as something has happened with jet bridges.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It most certainly is GSX.  Select do not replace jetways in GSX.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I had this problem with sceneries that I build for P3dv4.  What I did to fix the problem was go into the GSX 2 Menu and down at the bottom under P3dv4 activate the default jetways. 

Grace and Peace,

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Thank you all! Problem resolved. Question though, do I have to turn back on gsx jetways when I load FSDT airports?

I'm not sure... would be a good question for the FSDT forums (if not covered in the manual, which I'd hope that it is).

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Where did you find the GSX 2 menu?

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

CPU: i7 13700k 3.4ghz MB: MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb RAM:CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz OS: Windows 11 Pro (23H2) SIM VERSION: Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.10 MONITOR(S): LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

2 minutes ago, Grand_Pubah said:

Where did you find the GSX 2 menu?

you can find it on your desktop (fsdt gsx control panel)

Yeah I eventually figured that out but it didn’t work. I think it’s an issue with the default scenery. I’m trying to use the ksat_p3dv4 by Robert Catherall. No buildings just jetways lol

CPU: i7 13700k 3.4ghz MB: MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb RAM:CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz OS: Windows 11 Pro (23H2) SIM VERSION: Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.10 MONITOR(S): LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Fix it. Ended up once I did a complete repair of the sim itself, all I had to do was change the "Scenery Complexity" from normal to dense and it worked fine.