bean_sprout

Top 3 P3D Airports - And Why

Mine are
1) KMSO - Low FPS hit, It's Montana
2) KAVX - Airport in the Sky
3) CYBD - Luv the landing setup, dangerous

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Flightbeam has more than 3 airports and I have them all, therefore I cannot restrict myself to 3 airports, they all are beyond awesome! 😊

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Don't know CYBD, but the way the designed the runway/markings texture seems to be similar to KBVS...which is simply unusable unrealistic due to the fuzzy markings and the meandering and  morphing centerline. 

8 hours ago, pracines said:

Flightbeam has more than 3 airports and I have them all, therefore I cannot restrict myself to 3 airports, they all are beyond awesome! 😊

Agreed. I have them all except EDDN (which I have no interest in) and KSFO, which I plan to purchase in the near future.

• Like 1

TBH it depends. From a "liner" point of view i'd say definitely:

-JS EVRA (try it it's awesome)

-KSFO (butter fps on my system + sode+ quite relevant after lax and jfk)

-FT EHAM (great for fps and many destinations)

But to be honest there is no real podium for that. You've got tons of rellay nice fields that have different pros and cons, and that depend of personal taste and types of flights.

• Upvote 1

- 1 ANYTHING Flightbeam offer, as pracines said above, I also cannot restrict myself to only 3 airports as Flightbeam are beyond incredible with their work! 

- 2 LatinVFR, they provide some unique destinations which are greatly detailed and frequently updated.

- 3 MKStudios, just because their work extends beyond expectations at all times and they offer fantastic detail at an affordable price, with outstanding support! 

I know my list wasn't a specific set of airports, but it is far too hard to name three airports - thats why I thought it would be best to name my three favourite scenery developers. 

Edited by shamrockflyer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

- 2 LatinVFR, they provide some unique destinations which are greatly detailed and frequently updated.

Another great choice, I have KBWI (my "home" airport) and KMIA, and both are excellent.

Flightbeam take your pick.  The best of the best

Matt Wilson

I happen to like FlyTampa :cool:

KTPA or St Maarten/St Barths

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

There are a lot of good ones, already mentioned, by Flightbeam, Fly Tampa and don't forget FSDT. But everybody should try the airports by Jetstream Designs, mainly Linate LIML, a masterpiece!. And, they're not far from the release of Paris-Orly LFPO (end of this month).

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For me the airports I fly to the most are:

Flightbeam SFO - best major hub airport you can get, period.

FlyTampa Kai Tak - nostalgic and beautiful and a lot of fun

Taxi2gate CDG - Just a cool airport, really well done

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

20 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Mine are
1) KMSO - Low FPS hit, It's Montana
2) KAVX - Airport in the Sky

Cheers
bs

You have just got to get over to flying in Europe!  Many terrific airports in many scenic areas.

I have most every payware airport for North America and Europe, and it's incredibly difficult to chose one over the other.  If I had to pick a favorite payware airport, I'd say Fly Tampa Amsterdam... it's absolutely incredible.  Also, the upcoming Alicante airport from PILOTS is looking INCREDIBLE... one of the best I've seen yet. It's due to be released in the coming weeks (I don't know exactly when).  I wish I could provide you screen shots, but's it's still in the closing stages of the Beta and I'm under their NDA.  But watch for this one!

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

any airport ..... as long it has daytime low visibility taxi / runway / approach lighting & jetways that dock to AI.

that leaves many of the above off my list.

:angry:

for now, cheers

john martin