Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

A List Of VR Starter Freebies

Welcome to the metaverse! A shared social universe where both casual users and creators coexist. Play and explore with your friends, collaborate with your coworkers or grab powerful building tools and create something new right inside VR. https://store.steampowered.com/app/740250/Neos_VR/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Dreams of Dali

Enjoy the remarkable marriage of art and technology in Dreams of Dali, a virtual reality experience from The Dali Museum (St. Petersburg, FL), as you explore Dali's painting “Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet's ‘Angelus’.” Immerse yourself in the world of the Surrealist master like never before in this encounter, venturing into the towers, peering from them to distant lands and discovering surprises around every corner. We imagine Dali himself, known in his lifetime as what we now call an "earlier adopter" of new technology, would applaud this inspiring homage to his 1935 painting.

This award-winning VR experience has garnered visitor acclaim, online praise and international recognition through a multitude of industry awards, including the prestigious Cannes Cyber Lion GOLD; a Webby People's Voice award; and a Facebook Silver award for Innovation, among others.  https://store.steampowered.com/app/591360/Dreams_of_Dali/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Museum of Symmetry https://store.steampowered.com/app/870890/Museum_of_Symmetry/

"There are no rules here. Just enjoy."

Part invitation, part dare, an impish game mistress welcomes you into a delightfully disorienting pleasure dome inspired by geometry and nature—and wired with infectious dance beats.

A VR metaphor for life, Museum of Symmetry takes the player through landscapes of earth, fire, wind and water, where vivacious 2D characters live in a 3D playground. Museum of Symmetrydisrupts conventional game storytelling to create an unexpected pleasure-positive trip in VR as never experienced before. 

Key (VR) Features

A narrative room-scale VR game filled with beautiful environments and unexpected characters

Interact with an alter-universe you can only experience in VR, through an innovative mix of 2D, 3D and immersive sound

Take a kaleidoscopic joyride through the highest clouds to the ocean deep

Play at your own pace, no risk or rush

Designed for maximum comfort in VR, this game is suitable for daring and imaginative players

Suitable for children of all ages

Team 
Directed and animated by Paloma Dawkins, co-authored by Dawkins and poet, Ashley Obscura. Original electronic score by Caila Thompson-Hannant, a.k.a Mozart's Sister. Developed by budding VR upstart Casa Rara Studio, and produced by The National Film Board of Canada's award-winning Animation Studio.

Devons rig

Archangel Hellfire

Here's your chance to see what Pacific Rim looks like from the inside! :P

Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/553880/Archangel_Hellfire__Enlist_FREE/

Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1236704876366734/?locale=en_US

Pilot massive weapons of destruction and fight over post-apocalyptic lands in this free-roaming shooter: It is an explosive clash of god-like mech weaponry and team deathmatch gameplay.

Devons rig

Perspectives: Paradise https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016390/Perspectives_Paradise/

On November 1, 1952, the United States detonated the world’s first hydrogen bomb on Enewetak Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
All in all, the United States conducted 43 nuclear tests on or near the atoll after the WW2. Local people are still dealing with the aftermath.

In this VR experience you will feel the effects of “Ivy Mike” 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) from ground zero.
Afterwards you will get a detailed look at the structure and effects of a thermonuclear explosion.
You can walk on top of a radioactive waste repository, and meet the people who live in the former nuclear testing area.

Devons rig

On the assumption somebody might still find this informational (and that I'm not talking to myself) I'll still occasionally post stuff here until the mods shoo me away......😸

Wolves in the Walls

Not everything is as it seems, when 8-year old Lucy’s imagination proves to be a reality.

Based on the work by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean, this immersive-fable asks: What would it be like to interact, have a relationship, and go on a quest with a character inside a VR movie?

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2272579216119318/?locale=en_US

Devons rig

RaceRoom Racing Experience

RaceRoom is the premier free-to-play racing simulation on PC and home to official race series like DTM, WTCR, the WTCC and ADAC GT Masters. Enter RaceRoom and enter the world of a professional race car driver.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/RaceRoom_Racing_Experience/

Devons rig

13 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

RaceRoom Racing Experience

If we continue like his we need more a NEED FOR SPACE.
thank's for all the info.

• Like 1

Hey Hiflyer dont forget the old Assetto Corsa!! This oldy (still he best race physics in my opinion)

with the AC Content Manager the graphic looks really, really great (todays standard) and it runs perfect with VR.

And i hope you write something next Thursday about the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx VR ! 😀

54 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

Hey Hiflyer dont forget the old Assetto Corsa!! This oldy (still he best race physics in my opinion)

with the AC Content Manager the graphic looks really, really great (todays standard) and it runs perfect with VR.

And i hope you write something next Thursday about the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx VR ! 😀

I looked, and was never able to locate a free vr demo of that game. 

If you know of one, please link it. This thread was never intended to simply be contributions only from myself, though it seems to have turned out that way. 😃

Devons rig

oh dang didnt think about Freebie! sorry, on steam its still expensive, but i found some places where you

can purchase a steam key for around 8€ i think this is more then worth 😉

• Like 1

Cartoon Network Journeys VR

Cartoon Network Journeys VR is a collection of three original VR experiences that give short glimpses into other worlds. Save your colony from collapse as a one-winged bee. Entertain the King and his subjects as jester of the court. Complete metaphysical lessons to become Supreme Deity of the Cosmos.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063530/Cartoon_Network_Journeys_VR/

Devons rig

Pinball Inside: A VR Arcade Game

Experience the Simple Pinball in Virtual Reality. Play with a real-life pinball machine in a virtual space.Supported controllers are HTC Vive, Oculus Touch, Xbox controller and Keyboard.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/605850/Pinball_Inside_A_VR_Arcade_Game/

Devons rig

Octopus Bar

Enter this hidden izakaya bar hidden deep in the magical forest, where the octopus serves you, fish float into the sky, and a frog enjoys your company while smoking his pipe. In this world the impossible is now possible and you are invited to discover the games and enjoy this whimsical scenery.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/708680/Octopus_Bar/

Devons rig

Shattered Lights

Shattered Lights is a one-of-a-kind, fully roomscale based VR horror game which takes you on a journey down a seemingly abandoned underground medical facility armed with nothing but a flashlight and your sanity.

Using non-euclidean geometry the game will immerse you into a world where every single step you take is purely physical and you’ll never once have to use controllers to move around, even so, you’ll still be able to explore intricate areas, impossible geometry and any situation that Shattered Lights will throw at you.

Do Note:

Shattered Lights requires a play area of at least 2m x 2m (6 feet and 7 inches). There’s an option to play within a smaller space of 1.5m x 1.5m, but this is not recommended as it makes for a less stable experience, which some may experience as unpleasant.

Devons rig