HiFlyer

A List Of VR Starter Freebies

FREE

Its basically No Limits Coaster, but free. Bring some sturdy VR legs!

Ultimate Coaster X is a free roller coaster simulator built with simplicity and utility in mind. The in-game roller coaster and world editors allow you to create and experience rides of many types.

Ultimate Coaster X on Steam

Lots of tracks in game and on Steam Workshop.

Steam Community Workshop :: Ultimate Coaster X 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

FREE

Been saving this.

This is a big one. And Free!!! (unbelievably)

Its essentially the best thing in VR since sliced bread, and if you bother with nothing else I’ve posted in this thread, bother with this.

Watch movies from comfortable settings alone, with friends or in theatres full of strangers. Watch tv shows, Netflix… whatever… in glorious hi res.

Why would you ever go to a regular theatre again? You could get Quests or Rifts for the whole family and have them hang out with you from all over the world virtually while playing and chatting together or while watching a show…

(Covid use-case number 1)

Get this before they come to their senses and begin charging for the app.

Bigscreen lets you use your PC desktop in VR. Watch movies with friends in a virtual movie theater. Play your favorite PC video games on a huge screen. Hangout in social VR chat rooms. Participate in weekly 3D Movie Nights, VR LAN parties, live rocket launch events, and more!

Bigscreen Beta on Steam

Bigscreen Beta on Oculus Quest

Bigscreen Beta on Oculus Rift

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

FREE

My first reaction was do wonder about the use of narcotics by game developers, but in fact this is actually not a bad free game!

"Beat the Beat Up!" is a VR action/rhythm game, where you fight to the beat as the star of your very own Bollywood blockbuster! Do you have what it takes to save this movie?

Beat the Beat Up! on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE

The problem with games that require multiplayer, most especially in VR, is in attracting enough long term players to keep your matchmaking server from becoming a barren wasteland, which eventually kills your game.

I have seen this issue take down more than a few games, and to combat this, these particular developers have made their formerly paid game free to help expand the player base. They’ve also added the ability to play against AI players when humans are scarce.

Time will tell if this saves the game and you are lucky to get it for free before it becomes paid again, or if this is the games last gasp.

Lets find out!

Koliseum Soccer VR is the most epic game of table soccer in VR. Also called Babyfoot, Foosball or Kicker, it is one of the most iconical arcade game ever. We recreated the gameplay that everyone knows but with a twist. Now you can dribble your way to the goal, manage to keep a clean sheet when 3 balls are on the pitch... and many more!

Koliseum Soccer VR on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE

Essentially a Demo of Trickster VR. I liked it enough to buy the full game…

Your daily fix of the hack&slash wave attack action. Fast paced and easy to get into. Use a varied arsenal of awesome magic weapons to win that top spot on the Orc Slayer Leaderboard. Plus, it's 100% free!

Trickster VR: Horde Attack! on Steam

Trickster: Co-op Dungeon Crawler Oculus Rift 

Devons rig

FREE

For any space enthusiasts, this is a great little experience. It’s very short, about 10 minutes, but it’s a beautifully made journey from the moon back to earth with a great speech by Edgar Mitchell.

The Edgar Mitchell VR experience invites the world to join the Apollo 14 Astronaut on his mission to the Moon and into his most intimate moment of connection to life itself. As we journey through space, we will hear Edgar’s voice guide us through the dissolving of any and all boundaries within our consciousness to the universal...

The Edgar Mitchell Overview Effect VR Experience on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE

Got stress? Go berserk and smash word not allowed in room-scale vr. What could be simpler!

Smash Party is an intense, hilarious, and free VR party game being developed by Viacom NEXT and Titmouse for the HTC Vive. In Smash Party, players can smash a variety of familiar objects from toilets to plates to televisions, surrounded by a virtual crowd cheering their every move.

Smash Party VR on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE (Think Xbox controller is required)

Omg…

Lets get this out there right away. You need your best and sturdiest VR legs for this one. The graphics and rides are such that unless you have the strongest of stomachs, you are not only in danger of losing everything you’ve eaten this week, but everything your friends, neighbors and possibly your dog or cat has eaten as well.

I was mostly unaffected, but the fact that I, as vr immune as I usually am, felt even slightly perturbed (and could easily imagine others hurling for hours) should be warning enough for most people. Ride with care!

Leave your fear of heights outside and get ready to experience thrills like never before. RideOp – VR Thrill Ride Experience brings you the ultimate ride experience. Explore an immersive 360 degree view while riding some of the world’s most impressive attractions.

RideOp - VR Thrill Ride Experience on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE to PLAY (DLC EXPANSIONS)

Zaccaria Pinball brings you over 100 tables, including over 40 pinball tables officially licensed from Zaccaria. Zaccaria was founded by three brothers (Marino, Franco, & Natale) and was the 3rd largest manufacturer of pinball machines in the world (behind Bally & Williams).

Zaccaria Pinball on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE

Tangential to another forum, I’m adding one of the better examples/demos of current Oculus Quest hand tracking capabilities.

Tiny Castles is an "action puzzle game" built from the ground up using hand-tracking. It's an experimental project developed internally at Oculus to test necessary interactions for a hands-only game experience.

Tiny Castles on Oculus Quest  

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

DEMO

Get that heart pumping!

Get your groove on with this three song demo experience! Upgrade to the full version to access the full 35-song soundtrack, multiplayer lounge, practice studio and more. With specially choreographed routines designed to get you moving in VR,...

Dance Central - Demo on Oculus Quest 

Devons rig

FREE

If ya’ like dominos and vr, but never had the patience of setting them up one-by-one in real life…

Build and create domino chain reactions, knock them down, then push 1 button to set them back up again. It’s fun and easy! Plus you will not have to worry about accidentally knocking them down while you're building.

Bulk Dominoes VR: Kinetic Rush on Steam 

Devons rig

DEMO: Demo Download Link can be found on Steam store page.

Sequel to a surprise hit that featured the voice talents of several uncredited famous people. I wonder who will be in this one?

Straybots! Robots! Best Friends! Siblings! And one kid to short circuit them all in Riley Short: Sibling Circuitry!

Riley Short: Sibling Circuitry on Steam 

Devons rig

I and many others have been hovering over this tron-esque game for a while; like anxious hens waiting for the egg to hatch.

Demo finally released! (though I hear there may be a problem on AMD systems…)

Have you ever dreamt about being inside an old Arcade Machine? ARK-ADE is a fast-paced VR First Person Shooter. Plunge into the retro vibes and shoot your way out through an evocative low-poly 80’s Sci-Fi setting to protect ARK and defeat ADE.

ARK-ADE on Steam 

Devons rig

Not sure about this one. Could be good, could be bad. Doesn’t look like anything I would normally try. Lets see…

Asteroid Hauler simulator designed from the ground up for Room Scale Virtual Reality. Completely customize, maintain and repair the controls and systems of your ship using 100s of interconnecting components that fully simulate power and data distribution.

I Fetch Rocks on Steam 

Devons rig