HiFlyer

A List Of VR Starter Freebies

DEMO: Demo Download Link can be found on Steam store page.

I always say a prayer for the developers of these types of games, because, as I’ve said before, especially in the VR space, PVP and multiplayer games must acquire, and more importantly retain a sufficient number of people to remain viable over time, and so far in VR, that’s pretty much never happened besides flukes like Pavlov.

Good luck!

Feel the full-scale tactical multi-player action game on VR! Play strategic multi-play battles in PvP and PvE at the same time!

The Patcher on Steam 

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

FREE

Open Brush, Tilt Brush’s open source counterpart, arrives on the Steam Marketplace as well.

A Tilt Brush derivative, free for all to use and expand on! Enjoy making awesome art in VR.

Open Brush on Steam

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Explore a haunted arcade in a dead mall, unlock hidden secrets and solve puzzles to save a missing girl, and play awesome retro 90’s arcade games in this VR escape room adventure!

Paranormal Detective: Escape from the 90's on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE

🌟 Sneaki Peaki is a special, free edition of Yupitergrad - a Virtual Reality game with spatial acrobatics, wacky humor and lots of sovietpunk adventures! 🌟

Yupitergrad: Sneaki Peaki on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE TO PLAY

Gear up for adventure in this free-to-play MMO set in a futuristic solar system! NEO 2045 is a massive digital playground that lets you explore new realms, create your own world, and play YOU. See some action as you compete in thrilling mini games and defend the NEOVERSE against your robot enemies!

NEO 2045 on Steam 

Devons rig

From the same people who created Midway 1976, a demo posted here earlier, comes yet another 3D-VR homage to shooters of old. This time in a future setting!

The multiverse is in danger! Take control of your space combat ship, fight the word not allowed Galactic Empire and relive the thrills of classic scrolling shooters in a unique retro Virtual Reality experience.

2076 - Midway Multiverse on Steam 

Devons rig

FREE

Used to be a paid game. Still is, on Steam.

Climb into the cockpit of a futuristic race craft and tear up the anti-gravity track as battle commences with over 15 real and AI opponents. Offering single and multi-player action, Radial-G delivers full immersion racing on tubular tracks.

Radial-G : Racing Revolved on Oculus Rift 

Devons rig

Don't let yourself get killed by the mechanical beast known as DMN7 in this underground, stealth, VR experience.

DMN7 on Steam 

Devons rig

Often when I post these demos I have to search fairly hard for a video because they are so new. But the internet seems to be all over this one!

Arcade Legend is an arcade simulator and management RPG. Clean up your run-down venue, add new games and customize the layout and look. Build your reputation to continue unlocking content and play officially licensed, modern arcade titles as you unravel the secrets the venue holds.

Arcade Legend on Steam 

Devons rig

This one look’s like its going to be pretty unique. But not really a style or genre I have much interest in. :thinking:

The Secret of Retropolis is a VR narrative game of a new kind, a blend of classic point-and-click adventure with immersive cinematography. Embody the witty protagonist of a film noir plot. Meet unforgettable characters. Solve puzzles. Lose yourself in the retro-futuristic atmosphere.

The Secret of Retropolis on Steam 

Devons rig

A single player RPG in VR? I’m there, dudes! This got a lot of attention at the Steam early access preview event, so lets take a look.

Enter a fantasy world where humanity has brought dragons to the brink of extinction. This ARPG features hundreds of unique items, crafting and procedural dungeons.

Dragon Extinction VR on Steam 

Devons rig

If you know VR, then you know of this game. One of the early super successful titles that defined the emerging technology.

Nice to see a sequel!

Become an elite super spy ready for espionage, explosives, and gadgets galore. This popular escape-the-room VR franchise is back with more ingenious puzzles, cunning villains, and dangerous locales.

I Expect You To Die 2 on Steam 

Devons rig

A new franchise maybe? Certainly looks nice. Something I’ll save for the weekend.

Sweet Surrender is a roguelite VR shooter in a dystopian megatower. Explore levels. Discover secrets. Maneuver through treacherous environments. Collect an arsenal of guns, upgrades and explosives to mount a major assault on the machine overlords. Fight your way to the summit!

Sweet Surrender on Steam 

Devons rig

DEMO

Okay, a little work required for this one, for anyone interested enough.

The game is called “Rhythm of the universe, IONIA” and its an absolutely gorgeous title of the type that is fairly rare in VR because most developers are struggling with framerate and keeping things as simple as possible.

Not these guys.

But the demo is not public. I had to do a little detective work, but it seems you can only get it by joining their discord, whereupon they will give you a Steam key for their demo, if you ask.

I think its worth it! https://discord.gg/sWbQGt9

IONIA™ is a single-player fantasy-adventure puzzle VR game for all ages. Get up close with music-inspired creatures in a lush forest teeming with life. Discover music-based magic on your quest to save the Harpa, a mythical creature whose habitat is on the brink of destruction.

Rhythm of the Universe: Ionia on Steam 

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

DEMO

Very creative and fun. A different take on a single player RPG.

Fight as human and god alike in an epic quest to rid the land of evil moonbeasts and stop the impending apocalypse. As you journey through a primordial landscape, gaining allies and unlocking ancient powers, the black moon draws ever closer.

Journey of the Gods - Demo on Oculus Quest 

Devons rig