Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Active Sky for XPX Released!

Don’t forget to switch XP weather to use a custom metar file the first time you use ASXP ! I didn’t RTFM and wondered why it looked like standard XP weather lol. 

• Upvote 1

Hi,

When I see in data output window in XP11 (upper left corner) I see say, 30 deg c in a given airfield but in ASXP weather conditions screen I see 18 deg c in same given airfield, so, is the data output window of XP11 (very useful for me) not in sync with the weather injected by ASXP?

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

14 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Hi,

When I see in data output window in XP11 (upper left corner) I see say, 30 deg c in a given airfield but in ASXP weather conditions screen I see 18 deg c in same given airfield, so, is the data output window of XP11 (very useful for me) not in sync with the weather injected by ASXP?

Thanks,

I see that also. So I shut it off. I don't know what that weather or data references it is reading? So I disables it because I am seeing in the sim what ASXP is portraying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deetee said:

Don’t forget to switch XP weather to use a custom metar file the first time you use ASXP ! I didn’t RTFM and wondered why it looked like standard XP weather lol. 

Thanks i missed this step!

I don`t have any custom metar .rwz files to choose in XP11 weather mode. 😕

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

8 minutes ago, Recognition said:

I don`t have any custom metar .rwz files to choose in XP11 weather mode. 😕

If you don't have a Metar.rwx file in your main X-Plane folder as explained on page 7 of the User Guide, then you should probably contact Hifisim support.

13 minutes ago, deetee said:

If you don't have a Metar.rwx file in your main X-Plane folder as explained on page 7 of the User Guide, then you should probably contact Hifisim support.

Thanks I found the Metar.rwx file searching the XP11 directory.

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

when will it be available at the Org?

I purchased at Just Flight. For me in Europe it was the cheapest at only 36 euro's. Anyway I am happy with my purchase so far. Added the high performance textures and hardly any frame drop going through clouds now. Weather depiction and injection seems to be fine. No stutters etc and my FPS is als fine.

At last a decent weather setup dialog. Last time I used this was back in FSX days about 4 or 5 years ago. It's like one of my kids came home :)

full.png

full.png

full.png

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 2:34 PM, jcomm said:

I can be biased, but in terms of functionality, and specially for those who were used to AS in FSX / P3D, ASXP is by far the best available product.

The way the user interface is built, the integration with flight planning software ( actually having routes for more precise weather generation along the route is the preferred way... ), the control over X-Plane' s default wind and turbulence, which have IMO excessive effects, but without compromising the actual parameters for takeoff and landing, or when flying along areas with turbulence and / or variable winds, all together make IMO ASXP an excellent weather injector for X-Plane.

I am really glad HiFi joined the community, and look forward for their upcoming products which, I'm sure, will once again bring excellent features to an area so important for a flight simulator - weather - and unfortunately so limited in terms of customization in X-Plane's core.

I just wish they could do a weather injector for Aerofly FS, DCS World, IL-2 Great Battles and and War Thunder 🙂

I've been fortunate enough to be able to experiment with a few of the XP weather options, including XEnviro, SMP, UWXP and now ASXP.  I love XE when it works, and 1.10, if it delivers, will be magnificent.  In my tests last night matching ASXP with SMP, I found the fluid aspects of the atmosphere to be much improved using ASXP.  I think ASXP should be thought of as a fluid atmosphere simulator right now (visuals provided via another source of your choice). 

As an atmosphere generator, so far it appears to be very accurate in METAR rendering and interpolating winds, and in incorporating turbulence, chop, and a more general "fluid" feel--making flying more challenging and real feeling!  Until XE is stable and released in 1.10 form (and I am hoping it's a smashing success, because it looks stunning), I'll keep tinkering with ASXP as the atmo engine, and see how SMP and UWXP do at rendering.

• Like 2

There's a degree of turmoil in the XP weather add-on community. I just got an an email that not only is Skymaxx Pro 4.7 available as a free upgrade, but also FSGRW is on sale for 30% off. There's still no release date for xEnviro 1.10, but I suspect they are working feverishly on that. Competition is a good thing.

Yeah, I got that notice about the new SkyMaxx Pro version and FSGRW integration with RWC. 

In addition, I noticed in some posts over at the .org that it seems you can use AS as the weather injector along with SkyMaxx Pro as the cloud generator (???). In case you want something different than default XP clouds, while waiting for the AS cloud add-on later next year. 

Maybe I'll try AS with SMP since I already own the latter, because I do like the way SMP models clouds in mountain valleys better than default X-Plane clouds. But I want to check out what AS does with default clouds first.

"May you be cursed to live in interesting times".... 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor