Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

In case you've ever wondered...

...How pilots on seven + hour ferry flights in fighters handle bladder pressure!

Advanced Mission Extender Device
http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/advanced_mission_extender_device

Cg1ar.png

Here is a very interesting site for a lot of cool information about F14's and other cool aircraft

http://flitetime.net/iran.html

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Always thought there was a built-in porta-potty in the seats or maybe they carried an empty coffee can?:rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Always thought there was a built-in porta-potty in the seats or maybe they carried an empty coffee can?:rolleyes:

That would be awkward when wearing a flight suit in a single seat fighter aircraft.

* Not so fun trivia: there were actually at least three F-4 aircraft lost to attempts to replace these devices while airborne.

Piddle pack incident - restrooms at 28,000ft

Fr. Bill    

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

That would be awkward when wearing a flight suit in a single seat fighter aircraft.

A trap door flap in the rear just like the jammies I wore back in the dark ages.:rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The male member mentioned, would that be the senior flight attendant or would a regular one do? :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

The male member mentioned, would that be the senior flight attendant or would a regular one do? :unsure:

I'm sure it was a senior member of the flight crew.  I hope a member in good standing:wacko:

Sure Happy It's Tuesday:happy:

Charlie Aron

I'm just puzzled about that hose and control nozzle. What the heck is that for? Seriously! :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

3 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I'm just puzzled about that hose and control nozzle. What the heck is that for? Seriously! :unsure:

Hopefully it is the flusher... :wink:

Bert

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

A trap door flap in the rear just like the jammies I wore back in the dark ages.:rolleyes:

I 'member those! I used to run around the house screaming, "Mommy come look! I'm a dump truck!" :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

Female fighter pilots wear a diaper called a J-PGHAMC (Joint Performance Garment - High Absorbency Moisture Control).  Astronauts wear a MAG (Maximum Absorbency Garment).  Maybe calling a J-PGHAMC an MFPRP (Macho Fighter Pilot Relief Pad) wouldn't cause male fighter jocks to lose too much of the 'Right Stuff' image.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

10 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Female fighter pilots wear a diaper called a J-PGHAMC (Joint Performance Garment - High Absorbency Moisture Control).  Astronauts wear a MAG (Maximum Absorbency Garment).  Maybe calling a J-PGHAMC an MFPRP (Macho Fighter Pilot Relief Pad) wouldn't cause male fighter jocks too lose to much of the 'Right Stuff' image.

Noel

Wasn't Alan Shepard whizzin' his diaper when he shouted "Light this Candle!"?:wacko:  I just remembered the crazy look on Scott Glenn's face in that scene.

Charlie Aron