Sign in to follow this  
mikee

Cloud Shadows !

Hello guys .

After Installing PTA 2.63 into my P3DV4.4 I found out that the Cloud Shadows are Very Dark !

Please check my images and tell me if it's normal ?

Jl6tZFx.jpg

9GnfIET.jpg

2PxrWsE.jpg

Thank you ,
Mike

Edited by mikee

Looks normal to me, but may have something to do with the new lighting in 4.4.  See the other post about how dark it is at night - which I think looks great. (IMO)

You can play with the following settings to change the shadow effect:  Cloud shadows depth, extended cloud shadows, and even tweaking ambient/diffuse terrain lighting can also influence the power of the shadows. 

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

Looks normal to me, but may have something to do with the new lighting in 4.4.  See the other post about how dark it is at night - which I think looks great. (IMO)

Great , thanks Tony !

Mike

40 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

You can play with the following settings to change the shadow effect:  Cloud shadows depth, extended cloud shadows, and even tweaking ambient/diffuse terrain lighting can also influence the power of the shadows. 

Thanks for the advice John ! Much appreciated .

Mike

P.s. I am about to Upgrade my Pc into i7 8700k , GTX 1080ti and 32 gb ram DDR4 ( Do we need 16 or 32 ? ) for P3DV4.4  .

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.