Sign in to follow this  
planemaniac89

GTN 750 Stuck

Hi there,

I have the GTN750 and have installed it in several of the planes I own. When I initially install the software and configure it in all of my planes, it works fine. Days later I will use it and when I start the plane the unit will "half power on" so to speak. All I can see is a gray screen with a "STARTING" message on the bottom left corner. Does anyone know what this is about? I have tried reinstalling the software, reinstalling P3D, running as admin, etc with no luck. I am running windows 10 and use windows defender, and as far as I can tell, no files required by the unit have been quarantined by my antivirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

-Noah 

Have you reinstalled the Garmin Trainer? And if you have updated to the latest RXP GTN 750, did you also update the the latest Garmin Trainer?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

39 minutes ago, planemaniac89 said:

Hi there,

I have the GTN750 and have installed it in several of the planes I own. When I initially install the software and configure it in all of my planes, it works fine. Days later I will use it and when I start the plane the unit will "half power on" so to speak. All I can see is a gray screen with a "STARTING" message on the bottom left corner. Does anyone know what this is about? I have tried reinstalling the software, reinstalling P3D, running as admin, etc with no luck. I am running windows 10 and use windows defender, and as far as I can tell, no files required by the unit have been quarantined by my antivirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

-Noah 

Sounds like antivirus to me..

• Like 1

Bert

I've noticed this more. The grey screen with the starting message. I turn the avionics switch off or the power source, then back on and the unit starts up ok.

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Have you reinstalled the Garmin Trainer? And if you have updated to the latest RXP GTN 750, did you also update the the latest Garmin Trainer?

Yes, several times. Still with the same result.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Sounds like antivirus to me..

Bert- I usually get warnings on windows defender when files are quarantined, I'll dig deeper and see what I can find. 

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

I've noticed this more. The grey screen with the starting message. I turn the avionics switch off or the power source, then back on and the unit starts up ok.

Bill- I've tried that and sometimes and works and sometimes not. In order for me to get it to work I have to reinstall everything. 

18 minutes ago, planemaniac89 said:

Bill- I've tried that and sometimes and works and sometimes not. In order for me to get it to work I have to reinstall everything

If and when you are successful, double check the startup screen for version numbers for the RXP and for the Garmin Trainer.  Best guess at this point is a mismatch.  Also, have you been doing anything with GPS databases, or with GTN flash memory databases (sys_nand(x)) files).

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank- I haven't really messed with the databases lately, and I don't think I've done anything to the flash memory. I'll try to get it working, but at this point it looks like I'm going to have to reinstall again. Thanks for the quick reply. 

-Noah

Feeling your anguish!
😞

Frank Patton
ASUS 

17 minutes ago, fppilot said:

If and when you are successful, double check the startup screen for version numbers for the RXP and for the Garmin Trainer. 

Did not see a response to the above....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

@planemaniac89 Hi, can you please follow through this discussion and try the suggestions I've posted:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean-Luc,

I have read the above thread posted by mtr75 about 20 times over and I have to be honest, it's really difficult for me to follow what exactly the user did on his end to get it working. If you could give me some assistance to get me going that would be appreciated. Thank you.

-Noah

On 12/12/2018 at 7:44 AM, RXP said:

can you please follow through this discussion and try the suggestions I've posted:

Hi, it is just trying the suggestions I've posted, one after the other.

To further help you, I'll copy/paste what I've already written here, you then just do it and report.

1. Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see User's Manual for file/path).
  2. Can you please cross check the User's Manual troubleshooting section for Intel vs Discrete graphics?

-------------------------------------------

o make sure, do you have both integrated Intel graphics AND discrete graphics (NVidia), or just the NVidia? If the later, you don't need to bother with setting the preferred GPU because of course, you just have 1 GPU! Can you confirm this?

1. Have you cross checked your antivirus / windows defender / anti-xxxxware program if there is any RXP file quarantined?
  2. Can you confirm you are not running the simulator as admin (you shouldn't run anything as admin unless it is an admin tool), you haven't installed the trainer as admin, you haven't installed RXP GTN as admin?

Don't ever install nor run anything flight sim related as admin.

Should a vendor tells you otherwise, run away from its products*

Please understand installing and running as admin makes programs see a different set of file and registry paths. Unless the program is meant to be run as admin (such as an admin tool), you will just make regular programs to fail consequently.

Please understand installing and running as admin opens up you computer to planned disaster: should the Simulator, the trainer, or even our gauges fail, you may end up with a wiped out hard drive!

*UAC has been a core Windows technology since Vista and you might want to avoid any vendor not catching up by 2018...

----------------------------------------

Can you please open the RealityXP.GTN.ini in your aircraft folder with notepad, then, right below the [GTN_750_1] line add the following:

DebugValue = 1
LogTrainer = 1

These will make sure to add additional diagnostic information from the trainer into the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file, as well as to enable debugging mode for the graphics.

Then once loading up the aircraft with the GTN 750 #1 (otherwise put these entries in the corresponding ini file section matching name), can you please let me know the content of the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file?

----------------------------------------

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean-Luc,

18/12/25 04:56:21.666 09356 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.10.0
18/12/25 04:56:21.665 09356 INFO ]
18/12/25 04:56:26.823 04668 INFO ]

This is the contents of my log file.

I only have 1 gpu according to my nvidia settings. I have checked my antivirus, nothing from the program is quarantined. I did make the mistake at one point of installing the program as an admin, now I don't know how to undo that.

This is the contents of my log file after debug.

19/02/13 05:23:28.894 07536 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.10.0
19/02/13 05:23:28.893 07536 INFO ]
19/02/13 05:23:35.629 15640 INFO ]
19/02/13 05:23:36.678 13876 INFO ] GTN: 01 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\hwm_nand_drvr_sim.c(827) (null)

-Noah