Sign in to follow this  
mmcwill1

All I Want for Christmas is...

On 12/12/2018 at 2:09 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

Yeah, but I’d rather have the watch than that cheap of an airplane. I’ll keep renting for now.

All my friends who own planes or go in on planes all say they are money pits. I'd keep renting as well!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

1 hour ago, mmcwill1 said:

All my friends who own planes or go in on planes all say they are money pits. I'd keep renting as well!

They are money pits. Even if you buy something inexpensive at some point you’ll need the overhaul which is not cheap even for a singles. Plus hangar or tie down fees, insurance, etc. I’ve considered it a few times when I’ve found some good deals but can’t get myself to pull the trigger when adding in all the ancillary fees that go along with it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

KBUR - Bob Hope Airport.  Aerosoft has it in US Cities - Los Angeles but needs updating.  If I can't get that, an update to my CS757 for P3DV4.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

13 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

They are money pits. Even if you buy something inexpensive at some point you’ll need the overhaul which is not cheap even for a singles. Plus hangar or tie down fees, insurance, etc. I’ve considered it a few times when I’ve found some good deals but can’t get myself to pull the trigger when adding in all the ancillary fees that go along with it.

I had a coworker who owned a Mooney; absolutely a beautiful plane. I went up with him several times for short flights around Georgia. He used it for angel flights, vacations, etc. But in the end, all of the fees you mentioned became too much. And that was for a retired Naval officer with essentially two incomes. It was at that point, I knew I probably would never own a plane (unless i win the lottery some day!)

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

12 hours ago, Jim Young said:

KBUR - Bob Hope Airport.  Aerosoft has it in US Cities - Los Angeles but needs updating.  If I can't get that, an update to my CS757 for P3DV4.

Is the 757 working well under 4.4? I've got it but haven't even tried it yet...

Mike McWilliams

A half descent prime minister 

Aerosoft 330

Vatsim codecs updated 

More topics on wingflex, affinity masks, fiber and max texture loading 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Carenado Falcon 50 when it is released....  I do not buy much payware, usually every other payday or so, keeps the hobby fresh.  I do not buy scenery payware at all, for me it is the flying, especially hand flying approaches in crosswinds in Xplane11 and P3D.  I love general aviation aircraft, I buy aircraft that fill niches based on their speed and their propulsion so when I want to fly low and slow I can, or in the flight levels, or somewhere in between.  I love photo scenery, I made the Colorado photo scenery here in Avsim's library and I have a ton of MSE scenery covering the US Southwest.  Add-ons and holiday wish lists are what our hobby is all about, they have kept it alive and have kept Austin and Lockheed Martin in business, as well as the newcomer sims that support add-ons.  For business software I use the free Open Office for my business projects and verifying my taxes.  It's a good program and saves the expense of Microsoft Office, although as an instructor I can get that for free if I needed it.  The best part of our hobby is having so much to wish for, knowing it is there, knowing I have years of add-ons waiting for me.

John

PMDG JS4100 for P3D and Maddog sales...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Well, for me:  MS announcing they're bringing back MS FLIGHT !

Santa ???? Have you ever tried MS FLIGHT ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

Well, for me:  MS announcing they're bringing back MS FLIGHT !

Santa ???? Have you ever tried MS FLIGHT ?

There was somebody, apparently from some company, on the MsFlight forums a few weeks ago asking about licensing the engine.......

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

A more chance to dance with Sandi, hold her in my arms, and and tell her how much I love her one last time ........................

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Of course, an updated Chicago O' Hare and JFK...maybe the new FlyTampa Las Vegas (i.e. Las Wages).

Also agreeing with Jim Young on a KBUR (Burbank) and a package with KVNY (Van Nuys)...hear me Orbx?  🙂

A PMDG level DC3

World Peace would also be nice.

Edited by Radial9

A 64-bit Concorde from FS Labs. Mach 0.82 is so slow. 🙁

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather