Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Carenado Nav Database - Stuck Again

I know this is a tired topic, but having trawled through endless posts on this, there seems still to be no solution. I have the Hawker and when it first loads a pop up declares "loading navigraph database". It says it does this just the first time you use the aircraft. But it doesn't load anything. Research suggests checking all instances of dll.xml files have an entry for the Carenavigraph.dll file, which by default Carenado places in the P3d v4 root folder. There is also a x64 bit version of this .dll and I tried entering both in succession but no joy.

I then took full ownership of the dll files and the Carenado Navigraph folder - no joy.

Either way this is terribly frustrating and I note that many have simply given up and gone the GTN route. It cannot be that complicated. Here are my entries in both dll.xml files in Program Data\ Lockheed Martin\P3dv4 AND in the user\app data\roaming folder:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraphx64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I also tried the (32 bit) version which is plain Carenavigraph.dll 

I then tried entering the full path: <Path>C:\Prepar3d V4\Carenavigraphx64.dll</Path>

No Joy. Carenado support confirms the above needed entries but it make no difference. Does any kind person have a 100% certain fix for this? Thank you.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Try running your sim as administrator.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I notice the database file uses the .db extension... maybe you don't have a 64-bit database driver for the type of database they're using.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It appears to be a SQLite database.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks Warp for your efforts but it appears fixed, over something ridiculously trivial. I simply moved the entry in the dll.xml file (App data\roaming) for the carenada database to the top of the list of addons. Previously it was below the FSUIPC entry. Nothing else was changed. The database immediately loaded and it has to be this in my case because nothing else was altered. There is no logic to it but it worked for me. For others with similar issues here is my dx.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>C:\Prepar3D v4\Carenavigraphx64.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>C:\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Note the entry is for the x64 bit dll, not the 32 bit. I would imagine earlier version of p3d might need the plain Carenavigraphx.dll

For extra peace-of-mind it might be safer to include the full path to P3d like so:

<Path>C:\Prepar3D v4\Carenavigraphx64.dll</Path>

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guess we'll file this under "questionable coding approaches". LOL  Sorry I was no help, glad you got it working.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Why?  He already has it working.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69