Sign in to follow this  
ptysimmer

Prepar3DV4.3 2D Panel

I am using the 737NGX virtual cockpit as main view on a monitor with 3440x1440 resolution. At the same time I am displaying the FW Overhead Panel on a monitor with 1920X1920 resolution and the AFT Overhead Panel on a monitor with 1920x1080 resolution.

If I use the panels from Views/New View/Cockpit for the FW and AFT Overhead Panels, then the quality of the panels is great and they fit optimally with the specific monitor resolution. But the downside is the huge decrease in fps.

There is nearly no decrease in fps, when I use the panels from Vehicles/Instrument Panels. But unfortunately here the Forward Overhead Panel does not fit with the resolution of my 1920X1920 monitor and is displayed distorted. It seems that a monitor in the 16:9 or 21:9 format is requested.

Does anyone know, how to adopt the FW Overhead Panel from Vehicles/Overhead Panels to the resolution of my 1920X1920 monitor. I already looked for an option in the panel.cfg. But in the panel.cfg, I only found options for the panels from Views/New View/Cockpit.

Kind regards   

Arndt Laube 

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

I am considering to buy the PMDG 737NG, but I want the FMC to be used on a second touchscreen monitor, so for me it is necessary to have a 2D popup FMC. I use my RXP GTN 650 and 760 the same way in aircraft, and it REALLY adds to the experience and immersion. On front monitor I run the VC, and on a 3rd monitor I use Littlenavmap.

Now I am not quite sure from what I read here that the PMD 737NG indeed has a popup 2D FMC (and overhead panel for that matter, in case of a 2nd touchscreen monitor)?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

6 minutes ago, flopdoc said:

I am considering to buy the PMDG 737NG, but I want the FMC to be used on a second touchscreen monitor, so for me it is necessary to have a 2D popup FMC. I use my RXP GTN 650 and 760 the same way in aircraft, and it REALLY adds to the experience and immersion. On front monitor I run the VC, and on a 3rd monitor I use Littlenavmap.

Now I am not quite sure from what I read here that the PMD 737NG indeed has a popup 2D FMC (and overhead panel for that matter, in case of a 2nd touchscreen monitor)?

There is a 2D FMC and overhead for the NGX.

Real names in the forum please as per rules.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

There is a 2D FMC and overhead for the NGX.

Real names in the forum please as per rules.

Aha, perfect! Changed my name btw, could not save it with a space in between. 

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)