Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Does every plane in a group need to be set up separately?

Hello, I have been spending the last week setting up Windows Pro and P3D 4.4 because of a PC crash.

So I've been testing my planes and scenery and have discovered something that's bugging me.

With the A2A planes I can set up the cameras and when I load any of them all the cameras are there with key and button assignments.

Not so with PMDG.  

Every time I load a jet, say a 737-NGX (or any other model) I have to assign keys to each and every livery's cameras.

This is very tedious.  I saw this on my last install in 4.3 too.

Do I have to do this with every last model & livery of 737's, 747's and 777's?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Jack the livery should make no difference but yes CP has to be setup for every single version of the pmdg planes. Took me a week to configure all the 737 and 747 options. I think 7 versions of 747 400 and 7 for the ngx. For sure it's a pain that winglet models need separate views from non winglet as every position is exactly the same internally as well as externally! 

I would love to see an option to export a whole set of internal or external views as a PACKAGE which could be imported en bloc instantly to any plane including all view order and button presets. Would speed up things hugely plus make it easier to share your views sets with others. Although hardware button options would not carry forward obviously. 

I remember spending many hours literally loading the same ils approach up with all my pmdg planes 737 777 747.4 and 747.8 plus all different models just so I could get the perfect angle over the panel and below top of window to see the runway dead center of view on a 3 degree approach while having complete pfd views in sight as well! 

It was worth it.. 

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Folks,

I'm confused - there is a feature to import the settings from one aircraft to another ? I've used it a number of times... In fact - you can import settings from other users shared in the community as well... Is this just a PMDG problem ? All my various liveries get the same camera assignment as long as it's the same aircraft...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

19 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I'm confused - there is a feature to import the settings from one aircraft to another ? I've used it a number of times... In fact - you can import settings from other users shared in the community as well... Is this just a PMDG problem ? All my various liveries get the same camera assignment as long as it's the same aircraft...

Regards,
Scott

You certainly can import although you will need 4 external camera sets for the 4 x 737 planes. Assign button settings do not import but that is no problem adding. I think original OP question was confusing different liveries with different model numbers. PMDG ship with 8 I believe (with Poseidon) for 737 and 600/700 addon. A2A only have ONE model number. All liveries use same base aircraft. I SWEAR I saw some info on-line before purchase that said you can use the same views for all the model numbers within 737/747 which implied no extra work (cant find it now though of course). You DO need to recreate or import views though for each MODEL not LIVERY. They work but are not automatically populated by CP.

I know you get all this Scott was trying explain better for OP!

• Like 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Jack the livery should make no difference but yes CP has to be setup for every single version of the pmdg planes. Took me a week to configure all the 737 and 747 options. I think 7 versions of 747 400 and 7 for the ngx. For sure it's a pain that winglet models need separate views from non winglet as every position is exactly the same internally as well as externally! 

I would love to see an option to export a whole set of internal or external views as a PACKAGE which could be imported en bloc instantly to any plane including all view order and button presets. Would speed up things hugely plus make it easier to share your views sets with others. Although hardware button options would not carry forward obviously. 

I remember spending many hours literally loading the same ils approach up with all my pmdg planes 737 777 747.4 and 747.8 plus all different models just so I could get the perfect angle over the panel and below top of window to see the runway dead center of view on a 3 degree approach while having complete pfd views in sight as well! 

It was worth it.. 

Thanks Russell!  I had figured as much.  It has ben a long and tedious process to do this so I'm only going to do it on a flight-by-flight basis.  I have screenshots of the C.P. settings and documents I wrote detailing the settings so it's easy to set things up.  I'm very appreciative of you responding and mentioning this.

Merry Christmas!

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Russell!  I had figured as much.  It has ben a long and tedious process to do this so I'm only going to do it on a flight-by-flight basis.  I have screenshots of the C.P. settings and documents I wrote detailing the settings so it's easy to set things up.  I'm very appreciative of you responding and mentioning this.

Merry Christmas!

Jack

Hey jack Merry Xmas to you too! You COULD save some time importing views from the community if you haven't actually finished fine tuning the cockpit or externals. I use exclusively 100% zoom (ie NO zoom at all) as it gives the smoothest transitions. Feel free to import mine if you wish, they should be under user sloppymusic. I have extensive views for every PMDG model version of all their jets except the 777-300 expansion. 

😄

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK