Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Reverse Thrust Key Not Working for Both Engines

Hi there,

I'm once again having a problem with activating reverse thrust in the NGX with my keyboard, and I don't know why.  I've always been able to activate and increase reverse thrust with the 9 key for both engines, but over the past few weeks, most times it only activates the left engine.  I've deactivated/reinstalled the NGX, which temporarily solved the problem, only to see it return.  Then I thought the issue was associated with a panel state I saved, so I used another one, and that temporarily solved the problem, but it returned. 

This is a problem I have only with the NGX.  All of my other a/c, including the 777 all work fine.  Does anyone know know why this is happening constantly?

Thanks,

John

The 9 key?  I didn't know you could use the 9 key for reverse thrust.  All these decades I've been using the F2 key. 

If only one engine responds to key commands then most common problem is using the E key, even accidentally.  I delete the default E key assignment from my controls configurations.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

The 9 key?  I didn't know you could use the 9 key for reverse thrust.  All these decades I've been using the F2 key. 

If only one engine responds to key commands then most common problem is using the E key, even accidentally.  I delete the default E key assignment from my controls configurations.

Yeah, I've used the 9 key on the numpad since one of the ancient versions of MSFS, so it's habitual.  I don't think I accidentally did anything with the E key, but if I did, how would I undo it? 

16 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Hi there

General Kenobi

You can just hit E again quickly followed by the number of engines you want to control.

In this case, just hit E ->1 ->2.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Hi John, I had (have) a similar issue but for both engines. The reason was (is) that the thrust levers were not fully retarded to the idle position so reverse thrust would not engage. Take a look in the VC at the lever positions and see if maybe the problematic engine's thrust lever is not fully (and I really mean fully) retarded.

Darren Morris