Sign in to follow this  
drumster53

J41 Liveries - unable to download

Hi all,

There may be an older message about this but I am unable to download any J41 liveries from the PMDG site/Downloads nor are there liveries offered for that model in the Op Center.  It could be my machine that can't translate the website downloads but I'm not very knowledgeable with the XML error types.  See link below for the result I get.  If someone can direct me, I'd be most grateful

Scott W Smith

https://s3.amazonaws.com/PMDG_Downloads/file_library/liveries/JS4100/PMDG_BAe_JS4100_BA4.exe

Hi Scott,

Are you using the PMDG Operations Center to download liveries? The Operations Center is a free and separate program that allows control over liveries, documentation, updates...well, everything.

Oh, and if you are using FSX as your platform, all should be there.

Patrick

Edited by PopsBellNC
Added question.

1 hour ago, drumster53 said:

Hi all,

There may be an older message about this but I am unable to download any J41 liveries from the PMDG site/Downloads nor are there liveries offered for that model in the Op Center.  It could be my machine that can't translate the website downloads but I'm not very knowledgeable with the XML error types.  See link below for the result I get.  If someone can direct me, I'd be most grateful

Scott W Smith

https://s3.amazonaws.com/PMDG_Downloads/file_library/liveries/JS4100/PMDG_BAe_JS4100_BA4.exe

What Sim?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Knowing the sim might be helpful 😏...I am using FSX:SE.  When I open the Op Center and choose J41 under the Livery tab, there are no selections to download like I had with the 737 NGX craft.  I saw in a blurb somewhere that the J41 model requires the user to download from the PMDG website.  However, when doing that, I get the XML error in response.

Scott

Edited by drumster53

21 minutes ago, drumster53 said:

Knowing the sim might be helpful 😏...I am using FSX:SE.  When I open the Op Center and choose J41 under the Livery tab, there are no selections to download like I had with the 737 NGX craft.  I saw in a blurb somewhere that the J41 model requires the user to download from the PMDG website.  However, when doing that, I get the XML error in response.

Scott

JS41 is not supported in FSX SE and hence you can not see it in the Operations Center if you managed to installed it at that platform.

I see the same error when trying to download the liveries from our web page. I think that the JS41 liveries are there by mistake as they were moved the Operations Center. Will check with the webmaster.

Edited by Olympic260

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

That explains it...thanks for the clarification.  FYI - I had no issues installing J41 into that sim and it seems to be functional.

You might have issues with IAS hold, everything else should work just fine

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Considering that many of us are actually flying the J41 in SE and with the caveat that giving us liveries does not constitute official support, how's about you put 'em back up on the website? All that jazz still goes under sim objects folder just fine. I'm certain many of us would greatly appreciate this accommodation. If I'm missing some technical difference between SP2 and SE that precludes the liveries from working in SE, then I will gladly stand corrected. 

MIchael J Lawrence

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.