Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Is a FMC Expansion a possibility?

8 hours ago, Mace said:

They have been P3Dv4 compatible since mid-2018 at least.  I know this because I've been using Ernie Alston's ISG FMC in P3Dv4 for at least that long, maybe longer.

Received a simmarket email about a product update making it P3D compatible. sorry!

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Because that is not the correct FMS for the Falcon 50 or the Lear. We already have Ernie writing a custom Universal FMS for both products. We just tested a test version a few weeks ago. We will put out expansion packs for these products so only users who want an FMS do not have to pay the extra fee. Next we have to write a new HSI so all the info can be displayed like a moving map and other info. The Falcon we might create a Multi function display unlike the lear which will only have the HSi display. So some good news for those who want realism.

Thats good to hear as a Learjet purchaser but not used it much I also am going to buy the Falcon and the expansion once it releases. Thanks!

To elaborate a bit on what FSW said above, as currently planned the initial FMS will be for the Lear 35A. It is being closely modeled after the UNS-1 FMS in the Lear flown by FSW's chief pilot, Joe. The FMS is still in the early development stage, and since it will go on the center console between the seats the Lear's radios need to be moved up to the main panel. So there is quite a bit of work to be done and it will take a while. The FMS will be offered as a separately priced add-on for those that want it. According to the plan, next up then will be the FMS for the Falcon 50.

Al

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Received a simmarket email about a product update making it P3D compatible. sorry!

Probably what happened was, Ernie had the 64-bit version on his forum back then (that is where I got it from), and they have only now put it on simmarket.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Come on gang...let's focus on winglets for this bad boy.  Getting some more range.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Honestly the GTN does an amazing job as is (minus the database issue...) I would say focus the development team on another cool biz jet like a Hawker, or the old Falcon 20...a “gulfstream” style g4 sp would be the bees knees...

• Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

On 4/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, ark said:

To elaborate a bit on what FSW said above, as currently planned the initial FMS will be for the Lear 35A. It is being closely modeled after the UNS-1 FMS in the Lear flown by FSW's chief pilot, Joe. The FMS is still in the early development stage, and since it will go on the center console between the seats the Lear's radios need to be moved up to the main panel. So there is quite a bit of work to be done and it will take a while. The FMS will be offered as a separately priced add-on for those that want it. According to the plan, next up then will be the FMS for the Falcon 50.

Al

Good morning

Any news about the FMS add-on please?

si.php?id=1

6 hours ago, Cool said:

Good morning

Any news about the FMS add-on please?

No, nothing really new. My guess, and it is a guess,  is it will be late summer or Fall before the Lear FMS addon package will be available for purchase. 

Al

• Like 1

With reference to the Lear forum it looks like that an FMC is indeed coming to this plane in the not super distant future  

Maybe the Dev want to chime in to provide details if he likes that might did become clear since spring. 

Edited by Mad_X

57 minutes ago, Tarek Elgeridi said:

any news about the FMC?

Hello Tarek,

No, sorry. The first a/c to get the UNS-1 FMC will be the Lear35, and from what I can tell, that is still a good ways off yet. The 'plan' then calls for the Falcon 50 to get an FMC next. On the positive side, I expect the experience of putting an FMC in the Lear will ultimately shorted the time it takes to do so for the Falcon50.

When the fellow who is writing the FMC for the Lear says it is ready it will then require moving the radios that are on the Lear's center pedestal up to the panel to make room for the FMC -- so not a trivial amount of modeling work to 'install' the FMC in the Lear.

In the meantime while waiting for the FMC to be available, the FSW focus is on the development of the C414.

That's the overall situation as I see it.

Al

Edited by ark

21 hours ago, ark said:

Hello Tarek,

No, sorry. The first a/c to get the UNS-1 FMC will be the Lear35, and from what I can tell, that is still a good ways off yet. The 'plan' then calls for the Falcon 50 to get an FMC next. On the positive side, I expect the experience of putting an FMC in the Lear will ultimately shorted the time it takes to do so for the Falcon50.

When the fellow who is writing the FMC for the Lear says it is ready it will then require moving the radios that are on the Lear's center pedestal up to the panel to make room for the FMC -- so not a trivial amount of modeling work to 'install' the FMC in the Lear.

In the meantime while waiting for the FMC to be available, the FSW focus is on the development of the C414.

That's the overall situation as I see it.

Al

ok thanks

I had pretty good results retrofitting the F50 with Ernie Alston's ISG1 version of the GNSXLS.  The trick is to avoid using the ISG gauge's internal LNAV mode, and instead just let it serve as a front-end for the internal P3D GPS, which is exactly how the GTN units work.  It doesn't bother me to run it in a popup window...that's how I have to use the GTNs as well--even on a 55" screen it's just toooooo small on the VC panel.

I installed the GNSXLS into a popup window (Window06), replacing the GTN, and commented out the GTN VCockpit section (VCockpit29 using the F1 GTN750 panel.cfg as a template).  It's important to include "GPSSynch" as the fifth parameter in the gauge line so that every time the "enter" key is pressed, the GNSXLS updates the internal GPS, which is what the A/P is using for guidance when in Nav mode with GPS active.  I did have to add some xml code to slave the CDI courses to the GPS course when GPS is active, I recoded the nav button on the popup HCP_Panel gauge so that a right click on the nav button toggles the nav source between VOR and GPS, and I recoded the HSI gauges so that the digital displays on the HSI for distance/time/speed are presented in blue when GPS is the source, and the default amber when Nav1 is active.

The panel is already pretty much set up to follow the GPS course in Nav mode when GPS is active, so there was no reason to activate the ISG's heading bug control, which actually got in the way when trying to fly in heading mode with the GPS nav still up on the HSI (e.g. vectors, wx deviations etc).

Bottom line, with a little work, you can get a pretty good working LNAV + mechanical HSI configuration, which is fairly realistic for an older bizjet of this generation (I used to fly Gulfstream III acft configured with a rudimentary FMS similar to the GNSXLS and a mechanical HSI).

And, best of all, the ISG gauges can be updated with current Navigraph data.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

I had pretty good results retrofitting the F50 with Ernie Alston's ISG1 version of the GNSXLS.

Bob,

I'm not familiar with Ernie's ISG1 version of the GNSXLS but what you describe sounds like a very nice piece of work!  🙂  Could you post a screen shot of the FMS with a flight plan in it along side the FMS driven HSI?  I really like the idea of the HSI info in blue when the HSI is driven by the FMC, very clever.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Bob,

I'm not familiar with Ernie's ISG1 version of the GNSXLS but what you describe sounds like a very nice piece of work!  🙂  Could you post a screen shot of the FMS with a flight plan in it along side the FMS driven HSI?

Al

Here it is, sitting on the Peterson AFB ramp with a FP from KCOS-KPHX loaded.  The blue distance to wpt in the HSI reflects that the distance is the GPS-sourced distance to the next waypoint (PUB)

https://imgur.com/a/kmYFHtp

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case