Sign in to follow this  
pracines

SODE V1.6.4 now available

It is not SODE's fault that this is not possible, it is simply a choice of FSDT to not allow that. With "pure" SODE jetways that is already possible. It is just a matter of convincing FSDT to allow it as well with their SODE-jetways.

• Like 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Change Log

Version 1.6.4
  • Installer
    • P3Dv4: SimObjects path in add-on.xml is now dynamically set during install time, fixing missing objects when installed on other drive than 😄
  • General
    • Fixed bug in the object injection routine resulting in missing objects
    • Added “LVar” interface to query variables of add-on aircraft, e.g. FSLabs A32X Parking brake and beacon states
    • Added support for P3D v4.4+ MDL files
    • Fixed bug where UTLive aircraft were not added to the SimObjects list
  • Jetway Control System
    • Fixed bug where SODE would not recognize the GSX transmitted raw gate name when a custom designator is defined in the xml, resulting in a reset of the jetway
    • Enhanced API to transmit jetway docking status and served door IDs to GSX
    • Fixed bug in crossing jetway calculation and detection
    • Improved automatic multi-jetway assignment logic using the fixed crossing jetway code
    • Added ‘Shallow Angle’ jetway trajectory. If the final jetway bridge heading and the aircraft heading form a “shallow angle” (smaller than 20 degrees), then jetway will now move in a two-step manner: partially rotating and fully extending, and then rotating to the door. This avoids the “scraping” of the jetway along the fuselage during extension.
  • AI Detection
    • Fixed bug where AI Traffic data returned an unexpected user aircraft object ID, resulting in loss of AI detection capability

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Install instructions are included or it’s just an update over the existing installation?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Install instructions are included (...) ?

If you have a look at the manual, you will see this:

'2.1 Upgrading SODE
As of version 1.4.0, the SODE installer is able to detect if an older or newer SODE version is
installed on your machine.

If an older version is found, the newer installer will automatically uninstall it
If a newer version is found, the installer will abort
→ You don't need to manually uninstall SODE anymore if you use one of the newer installers, just
run it and it will handle everything automatically'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rafal said:

If you have a look at the manual, you will see this:

'2.1 Upgrading SODE
As of version 1.4.0, the SODE installer is able to detect if an older or newer SODE version is
installed on your machine.

If an older version is found, the newer installer will automatically uninstall it
If a newer version is found, the installer will abort
→ You don't need to manually uninstall SODE anymore if you use one of the newer installers, just
run it and it will handle everything automatically'

Thanks so much.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

35 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Wow, after installing 1.6.4 - it still shows up as 1.6.3 (very confusing)

Same here.  Where that does looks to be TEXT not actually reading the version itself, but still noteworthy!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Same here.
The first 3 are 1.6.4.0.
The last (SODEPlatformManager.exe) is 1.6.3.0.

RPCdN17.png

GDGj37N.png

4wRl2lv.png

GCv9934.png

• Like 1

I've had this option ticked for a while now, but recently unchecked it. Is it fixed? The thing is that Jetways auto-dock to AI but as well to my plane; so basically when I open up GSX to board PAX the jetways dissapear. It's incredibly annoying and I still wonder why am I (my model) considered as AI.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:46 AM, officercrockey said:

It is not SODE's fault that this is not possible, it is simply a choice of FSDT to not allow that. With "pure" SODE jetways that is already possible. It is just a matter of convincing FSDT to allow it as well with their SODE-jetways.

That's not the case. We decided to focus on performance first, since jetways for AI will obviously have an impact on fps and, in fact, it took quite a bit of additional effort to:

- model the static versions of 85+ different jetways in *addition* to the dynamic version.

- coding all the switching system, so the switch from static jetway to dynamic is not very noticeable.

And this, only because we take fps very seriously.

But of course, since lots of users asked for it, we confirmed multiple times that Jetways for AI will come in GSX, so there's no need to convince anybody.

In order to make this less painful as possible from a performance point of view, we have been discussing with Jeffey Stahli (SODE's author) what will be the best way to do it, and this will surely require an update to the API GSX and SODE use to communicate, since right now, GSX jetways are not known to SODE until they are activated on a parking and, in order to not spam the simulator with unnecessary data requests, we'll just piggyback on what SODE is already doing, since it wouldn't make much sense if *both* SODE and GSX would ask for the same data (all AI positions) for the same purpose.

Now the new version is out, perhaps there will be a chance to enhance the SODE GSX API, which will allow GSX jetways to work with AI as well.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, virtuali said:

But of course, since lots of users asked for it, we confirmed multiple times that Jetways for AI will come in GSX, so there's no need to convince anybody

9 hours ago, virtuali said:

In order to make this less painful as possible from a performance point of view, we have been discussing with Jeffey Stahli (SODE's author) what will be the best way to do it, and this will surely require an update to the API GSX and SODE use to communicate, since right now, GSX jetways are not known to SODE until they are activated on a parking and, in order to not spam the simulator with unnecessary data requests, we'll just piggyback on what SODE is already doing, since it wouldn't make much sense if *both* SODE and GSX would ask for the same data (all AI positions) for the same purpose.

Many thanks for this Umberto, very much appreciated, I am sure you will make many people happy as always.

All the best,

Simbol