Sign in to follow this  
redsonssi

PMDG 747-8 cockpit window bugs

There is no bugs in the cockpit window when landing. I can not see at all. I check every day while flying, but the bugs is not attached. What should I do?

Edited by redsonssi
Kim young ju

1 minute ago, redsonssi said:

There is no bugs in the cockpit window when landing. I can not see at all. I check every day while flying, but the bugs is not attached. What should I do? 

Kim young ju

The bugs will not happen all the time. THere are specific conditions for them to appear.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

14 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

The bugs will not happen all the time. THere are specific conditions for them to appear.

But when I fly 10 times, no bugs appear in all 10 times. Is this not a problem?

Edited by redsonssi
Kim young ju

2 minutes ago, redsonssi said:

The OAT needs to be above 20 degrees for them to appear and spring/summer as far as I remember. Please again sign ALL your posts.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

8 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

The OAT needs to be above 20 degrees for them to appear and spring/summer as far as I remember. Please again sign ALL your posts.

Okay. Thank you.

Edited by redsonssi
Kim young ju

1 hour ago, redsonssi said:

But when I fly 10 times, no ice is detected in all 10 times. Is this not a problem?

No, it might not be. It is dependent - much like the bug script - on the weather. Ice requires both freezing temperatures, and water. If you never encountered water on those 10 flights, then you won't run into icing.

I haven't had to clean bugs off of my car's windshield for months on my last 10 drives, too. It's cold out, so the bugs have either migrated south or have died off. It'll pick back up when it gets warmer again.

Too often, I'd assert that simmers assume something is a bug without actually working through the thought process of why something might be the case. I'd encourage people to try to approach the sim with this kind of mindset.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

15 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

But when I fly 10 times, no ice is detected in all 10 times. Is this not a problem?

No, it might not be. It is dependent - much like the bug script - on the weather. Ice requires both freezing temperatures, and water. If you never encountered water on those 10 flights, then you won't run into icing.

I haven't had to clean bugs off of my car's windshield for months on my last 10 drives, too. It's cold out, so the bugs have either migrated south or have died off. It'll pick back up when it gets warmer again.

Too often, I'd assert that simmers assume something is a bug without actually working through the thought process of why something might be the case. I'd encourage people to try to approach the sim with this kind of mindset. 

Thank you for the good information.

Edited by redsonssi
Kim young ju

So the bug is, there are no bugs!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

That‘s normal... PMDG aircraft have very few bugs. However it‘s new to me that people request them 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

That‘s normal... PMDG aircraft have very few bugs. However it‘s new to me that people request them 🤣

I've already seen bug complaints on the bugs.  Too small, not yellow enough, they don't remain until the ramp rat washes them off, etc.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

I've already seen bug complaints on the bugs.  Too small, not yellow enough, they don't remain until the ramp rat washes them off, etc.

And no diet PMDG Cola!😭

Vic green

On 12/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Once again. Why the passive aggressive responses? Every. Single. Time.

He’s just asking an honest question. I don’t think it was necessary to respond in this way. Why is this forum so unkind? People are supposed to come here with questions and shouldn’t be worried they’re going to be nearly made fun of. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BlakeWilliams said:

Once again. Why the passive aggressive responses? Every. Single. Time.

It's not a passive aggressive response. Yes, the use of rhetorical question in the midst of the response is somewhat non-standard, but it isn't being done in a subversive way. The transfer of knowledge isn't all done by the one with the knowledge simply tossing facts at the one who may not have the knowledge. In this case, I knew there were observable facts that the OP likely already knew: most people are aware of the fact that bugs show up in warmer temperatures simply by growing up and observing nature around them. If anything, my use of rhetoric affirms my trust of the person's own knowledge, and shows that I recognize them to be smart enough that they already know why, but are simply leaving some of the logical path out.

Seriously. Think about that concept for a moment.

If you ever went through flight training, did your instructor never ask you some sort of question to link information you know with a new concept? A good example would be "the other day, we practiced power off stalls - why might we practice power off stalls? How are they relevant to us as pilots?" Even if this is posed rhetorically, it gets the person being asked the question to engage the logical portions of the brain, which, even if they don't answer, prepares the brain to receive a logical answer...not to mention, it raises their attention level to any answer - be it one that comes internally, or externally.

Taking a few moments to look at the post objectively would show - quite clearly - that the post is quite actively/directly addressing the issue of people not really thinking these things through. That's also not mentioning the fact that the post you were objecting to was actually appreciated by the intended recipient.

16 hours ago, BlakeWilliams said:

He’s just asking an honest question. I don’t think it was necessary to respond in this way. Why is this forum so unkind? People are supposed to come here with questions and shouldn’t be worried they’re going to be nearly made fun of. 

I agree, and I provided him with an honest answer that was not unkind.

Where are you getting that it was unkind?

I'd argue that most of the supposed negativity that you're reading into the reaction comes from preconceived notions that rhetorical questioning is usually subversive in nature (people do actually use it for this, so I wouldn't blame you), and this idea that I'm the rude curmudgeon of this forum (I see the reddit threads). Sure, I'm a bit terse, but I'd argue that - by and large - I'm very rarely unkind.

Kyle Rodgers