Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS V2 and GTN database update

Try to locate a site to download the GTN version  6.1.1.  Anyone can share the link to the trainer or can share the three files (worldwide.bin, terrain.odb, basemap.bin)?

Thanks ahead,

Tom

Tom

Please understand unless these files where generated by you, you might want to find another place to post the links.

What I mean by "generated by you" is something like: say you have designed a converter program which takes a number of source files, for example airport ICAOs, VOR, frequencies etc..., and produces GNS compatible DB file(s) in binary format.

I'd imagine you'd made the files compatible to the GNS, to the point to reproducing the same file headers with the same copyright information embedded so as to have the GNS display the DB info as authentically as it would be with a real DB as well.

I know we are all craving for DB updates, and we are too busy on developing the GNS and GTN for the FSim platform for now, but once we have the time, I'll see what can be done in this department as well. At least, I'll try.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 12.6.2017 at 8:01 PM, RXP said:

I know we are all craving for DB updates, and we are too busy on developing the GNS and GTN for the FSim platform for now, but once we have the time, I'll see what can be done in this department as well. At least, I'll try.

That's possibly a stupid question, as I am new to RealityXP: why isn't is possible to use the X-Plane implemented Nav database, respectively Navigraph or NavDataPro?

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

On July 6, 2017 at 3:20 AM, StefanH75 said:

why isn't is possible to use the X-Plane implemented Nav database

Hi, the answer is simple: the Garmin device uses its own database format, which is proprietary binary packed data. Provided one as the DB file specs, it'd be easy to build a "converter" for this, but such specs are confidential and under NDA with Garmin/Jeppesen.

Like I've said in another post, for the last 15 years we've been offering our authentic GPS simulations, there has been a demand from a fraction of our customer base for database updates, and I'll have a very close look at this once we've released all our GNS, GTN and G500 product line.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Ok, understood. I also didn't consider that the Garmin trainer is implemented in your simulation. However, it's quite uncomfortable if you use flightplanners with updated database and the GNS just doesn't find some of the waypoints. Nevertheless your GNS offers more immersion and fun than the default by XP :happy: 

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

On July 9, 2017 at 7:25 PM, RXP said:

there has been a demand from a fraction of our customer base for database updates, and I'll have a very close look at this once we've released all our GNS, GTN and G500 product line.

Just Something to think about - have you done any market research on potential customers regarding database updates?  

My personal view is that I'd rather use XP11 or P3D built-in GPS units with current data via Navigraph and fs Aerodata than higher-functioning units with old data.  Its the only thing that's prevented me from looking at RealityXP or F1.

Food for thought is all - certainly not everyone has the same criteria for the value-add of certain sim add-ons and I'm sure most of your customers are quite satisfied.  I'll be on the lookout for if & when those updates may be available :)

7 hours ago, fizzer said:

Just Something to think about - have you done any market research on potential customers regarding database updates?  

If this were easy to do, it would have been done..

If you own the actual RW unit (or know someone who does..) , you can transfer the navdata from your subscription to the Trainer..  that is about the only way..

Bert

8 hours ago, fizzer said:

I'm sure most of your customers are quite satisfied.

I guess they are indeed! This shouldn't refrain us from trying harder though!

Something worth considering though: our GNS simulation uses a more recent Garmin Trainer. It not only comes with Garmin software v3.3, it also share DB compatibility with the GTN (up to before they change their DB format). 

21 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you own the actual RW unit (or know someone who does..) , you can transfer the navdata from your subscription to the Trainer..  that is about the only way..

I agree.  As it is not easy to do, if the demand is there then the organization which accomplishes it would be rewarded, right?

1 hour ago, fizzer said:

I agree.  As it is not easy to do, if the demand is there then the organization which accomplishes it would be rewarded, right?

I wonder...rewarded?   

Many in our community want a lot, and do not want to pay for it..

That is why some developers quit the scene..

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Many in our community want a lot, and do not want to pay for it..

Ain't THAT the truth!

David Porrett

On 10/08/2017 at 7:14 AM, Bert Pieke said:

I wonder if Garmin is logically worried about the reverse possibility, a cheap Trainer update being transferred to the RW unit.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

8 minutes ago, gboz said:

I wonder if Garmin is logically worried about the reverse possibility, a cheap Trainer update being transferred to the RW unit.

gb.

We are talking about expired navdata.. like expired paper maps, they have no commercial value.

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

We are talking about expired navdata.. like expired paper maps, they have no commercial value.

But I was just considering the consequences if we ever had cheap access to the current RW Garmin data in the sim.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

7 minutes ago, gboz said:

But I was just considering the consequences if we ever had cheap access to the current RW Garmin data in the sim.

gb.

Ain't going to happen  :happy:

Bert