Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS V2 and GTN database update

I'm running Terrain 2.04, Base Map 5.0, Worldwide 1405 on both my GNS480V1 and V2 at the moment.

Let me know if you want the files.

Tom

Hello, I am having the same issue. I wanted to download the trainer but I can't find the 6.1.1 anymore. And the 6.2.1 isn't compatible. I'd really appreciate if someone has a trainer installer or the .bin files. 

The Garmin database is not free and anyone requesting an update to the database from others is not allowed.  We have received several reports about members trying to illegally obtain or distribute Garmin databases and it is considered a copyright infringement and piracy if the database is provided to anyone.  The only way to get updated databases is to subscribe.  So please do not even ask for an update here in these forums or anywhere on AVSIM. We have already removed several topics I considered violations.  Thanks for your cooperation.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim for the reminder. However can you please don't hide posts from users asking the link to download the Garmin trainer. In effect, it is one thing to share an extracted file out of an installation, and it is something else to share the complete installer which let users extract the file on their own.

Just to make sure about what is asked in the posts you've hidden: people are asking for the DB already included in the GTN trainer installer. They are not asking for illegally obtained DB.

Therefore, it is a valid and legal answer for someone inquiring the DB files to be offered a link to the 2GB+ GTN trainer installer.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 18/9/2017 at 10:11 AM, RXP said:

You might want to explore this solution then to get a worldwide database, cycle 1607 expired 21JUL16.

- download the GTN 6.0.3 for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-gtn-trainer/id479670018?mt=8

- rename .ipa to .zip and unzip

- in the "Payload\GTN.app\" folder, locate "avtn_db.bin" (this is the worldwide database file)

- copy this file to your GNS database folder, as "worldwide.bin" (or use the environment var described in the User's Manual)

NB: you might want to explore the other files, such as "bmap.bin", "safetaxi.bin", "standard.odb", "terrain.odb", "trn.dat". I've not tested them specifically though.

Hi RXP, I downloaded the GTN trainer, I Downloaded the avtn_db.bin and renaime that, the problem is that it doesnt work in my RXP GTN 530, I got a message "all data referenced to true north" and every waypoints are missed, help me pleeease, I need to update my db, tnks

@lurodriguez1923 this won't work and this is normal: they have changed DB format between 6.0.3 and the latest. The GNS can't read the newest format, which is the same as in the GTN trainer for desktop.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 9/12/2017 at 4:14 PM, RXP said:

@lurodriguez1923 this won't work and this is normal: they have changed DB format between 6.0.3 and the latest. The GNS can't read the newest format, which is the same as in the GTN trainer for desktop.

@RXP and do you know or have any file to can update my RXP GNS530? can help me I want to practice Rnav procedures

It has been documented in the RXP forum many times. You should find links to Jeppesen or Garmin data subscriptions. Depending on your device, there could be some subtleties though.

Do you intent to purchase official Garmin DB subscription service for training purposes, or were you just looking for 'cheap' one shot update?

For the former, the GNS V2 offered on our website is for Home/Personal Use only, and we do offer professional licenses otherwise. For the latter, there is nothing else than what is already said in this forum.

1 hour ago, RXP said:

It has been documented in the RXP forum many times. You should find links to Jeppesen or Garmin data subscriptions. Depending on your device, there could be some subtleties though.

Do you intent to purchase official Garmin DB subscription service for training purposes, or were you just looking for 'cheap' one shot update?

For the former, the GNS V2 offered on our website is for Home/Personal Use only, and we do offer professional licenses otherwise. For the latter, there is nothing else than what is already said in this forum.

Im looking for a cheap update, I want to practice Rnav procedures with my GNS 530, Im an studient, I need update that, do you have a link or something to update DB

On 9/10/2017 at 0:24 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Send me a PM with your email address for instructions on using your RW data.

@BertPieke do you have a DB for my GNS 530, lease help me, Really I need that

On 13.12.2017 at 5:17 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Send me a PM with your email address

Bert,

Any Chance for me to get it as well?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Hello Everyone

I'm currently using the Reality-XP GTN and GNS products in my sim.  With the recent "pop-out" feature enabled, they have been wonderful to use.

Looking through this topic, there seems to be an ongoing challenge with the database updates.  The data seems to be out there but the "mods" of this site seem to be removing posts and/or disabling links to prohibit people from downloading material that potentially violates Garmin's copyright.  If the data is publicly available on Garmin's site and users are not selling it, I do not see the issue but I understand their concern.

In any case, does anyone sell databases that will work with the RXP GTN/GNS equipment?  I think most users would be willing to pay something for the data and would certainly benefit for databases that aren't a decade or so old.  It looks like Garmin will not sell them without a valid serial number from a "real" unit.  Perhaps this is a revenue stream for RXP.

If a database can not be purchased, could someone please provide a link or at least what I can Google to download the Garmin trainer?  I just downloaded one from Garmin's site where the database was from 2007.

Any assistance would be appreciated for this ongoing issue.

Scotto