Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS V2 and GTN database update

1 hour ago, Scotto123 said:

If the data is publicly available on Garmin's site and users are not selling it, I do not see the issue but I understand their concern.

Data being publicly available doesn't mean it doesn't violate 'licensing' rights.

Like I've said here, we have many developments going on, both preparing the release of the Reality XP G600/500 and many other unannounced products, but once we are clear of these, I'll look into avenues for this question and I have some creative ideas I'd like to try out.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc

Looks like my Reality-XP GNS is currently using "worldwide.bin" as the navigation database.

I was able to find a Garmin trainer using a database from last year and I'd like to use that with your GNS/GTN equipment.  That is far more recent than the one that came with it.

The Garmin download included:

bmap.bin

card

nav_db2.bin

nav_db2_grm.bin

safetaxi.bin

Can I get rid of worldwide.bin?  Should I change one of the nav to avtn_WW_db.bin?

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Scotto123 said:

Thank you Jean-Luc

Looks like my Reality-XP GNS is currently using "worldwide.bin" as the navigation database.

I was able to find a Garmin trainer using a database from last year and I'd like to use that with your GNS/GTN equipment.  That is far more recent than the one that came with it.

The Garmin download included:

bmap.bin

card

nav_db2.bin

nav_db2_grm.bin

safetaxi.bin

Can I get rid of worldwide.bin?  Should I change one of the nav to avtn_WW_db.bin?

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

The GNS and GTN databases are entirely different formats and will not work. Worldwide.bin is for the GNS. The files you mentioned above are for the GTN only.

Thank you for the information.

Looks like Garmin sells the GNS 430w database for $149 on their site: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/maps/avdb/gns-430w-530w-americas-north-garmin-navigation-database/prod571354_J500WA-AMRN.html?cdncache=false&serial=7&authToken=07eff56b-67ae-455a-91da-f5ce00e4e4ed&bust=1514468306&returnURL=https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/continue-shopping?deviceID%3D407674%26avdbID%3D2302

The Part Number: J500WA-AMRN

Could RXP please verify this will work with the Reality-XP GNS 430w V2?  Is there anything else I'll need to purchase?  Will it download the "worldwide.bin" file?

I have no problem spending $150 for software so long as it will work with the RXP GNS products.  This has the added benefit of complying with any potential Garmin copyright issues.

Thank you.

Hi, I can't tell you whether this specific database will work.

However, some of our customers successfully use this:
http://www.pilotshop.co.nz/jeppesen-navdata-australia-and-new-zealand

NB: subscribed data ships in a format suitable for being used on a card, not as a file, and further processing is necessary to extract the file.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thank you Jean-Luc,

The link you provided says only Australia and New Zealand.  I'm looking for nav data for the USA.

Does RXP have any commercial customers using your GTN/GNS in their simulators?  In those situations, I'm assuming they have a need for keeping the navigation databases fairly current.  How are they doing the updates?

Other users have pointed out that RXP uses the same databases as the "real" equipment.  Based on your previous response, I'm a bit reluctant to purchase the latest Garmin database for the 430.  Has anyone else tried that?

Thank you

The link I've provided is a working known example, albeit, for AUS+NZ. It is a Jeppesen DB though.

I've asked a few others but given the holiday season, I won't expect any answer right away.

Having said this, our professional customers reported in the past the legacy GNS used to be compatible with the G1000 DB subscription. The GNS V2 is a different product altogether, and I know it is compatible with the G600 DB. I just don't know if subscribing to the GNS 530W or the G600 DB gives you in essence the same DB file in the end, or if they are different in any way that would cause an issue with the GNS Trainer v3.3

On ‎19‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:04 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Just a comment re the above..

As has been mentioned before, Garmin changed the content of their WW database files in 1Q16.  Any WW navdata after that, does not contain small airports (<4000 feet runway).

So, there is a decision to be made.. would you rather have more recent data, or are the small airports important to you?

Personally, I am staying with a 1513 dataset, one of the last ones before the change.  If this is important to you, contact me via PM for a copy.

This is (long) expired navdata, and Garmin, to my knowledge, has no problem with its distribution for personal flightsim use.

Hi Bert! Thank you for your post. I'm interested with your 1513 dataset. I have reality xp 430w installed in my carenado B58 and I want to update it. Thank you very much!

P.S. please PM me, I'm not able to PM you

Hello,

I joined AvSim a week ago and moving along using the GNS 530 v.2 within FS.   I purchased it because I am getting back into real flying and maybe getting my flight instructor rating later this year.

I read the previous post of this topic and my future goal would be to have my RXP GNS with a recent database because I like to prepare a Nav Log then going the flight on the Sim.

Following recurrency of my pilot licence, for training purpose, I was able to have the Garmin 400W/500W trainer updated to Cycle 1609. Is there any way that I can update the RXP database to cycle 1609 level? 

If not, whenever there would be a ready-to-use software available, I'd be ready to buy one.

Any easy alternative at this time?

Thanks.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:13 PM, lurodriguez1923 said:

@RXP and do you know or have any file to can update my RXP GNS530? can help me I want to practice Rnav procedures

Hi...

If you have access to a real updated database for the GNS - you can update the files in the trainer... Good luck on your CFI stuff - I know that's a lot of work...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

56 minutes ago, CP Air said:

Is there any way that I can update the RXP database to cycle 1609 level? 

Sent you a PM here. With caveats.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 18.09.2017 at 6:10 PM, RXP said:

You might want to explore this solution then to get a worldwide database, cycle 1607 expired 21JUL16.

- download the GTN 6.0.3 for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-gtn-trainer/id479670018?mt=8

Has anybody tried that?

The current trainer there is v6.41.

Download is not available ,so I installed the trainer on iPad4. Is it possible to "see" relevant folders and files on iPad from PC. Like for example Android folders and files? 

Thanks.

Curious if any kind forum members could assist me with figuring out a way out of 2009 and into the modern era, I'm

looking for a way to acquire a better dataset for my 430 I need to land occasionally, and half my approaches don't exist ... Can

PM me here, or email offline at n85ae ( at ) yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

• Like 1

I've just purchased RXP GNS 530w and I'd like to know if anybody figured out how to update the database for Garmin Trainer.

Thanks!

Rodrigo

• Like 1

As long as you have a subscription at fly.garmin.com to download and program the data cards in a real GNS 430/530 used in an actual plane, you can extract the data and use it in your simulator. If this is the case, feel free to PM me and I may be able to direct you.

Mark

• Like 2