Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS V2 and GTN database update

Hi all,

I've just bought the 540 version for my P3D V4 but as many of you, I'm wondering how to update this thing. I need it updated because I am currently taking real IFR lessons. 

I've searched in this topic but is a bit hard to find out. I've seen it looks like I'll need a Garmin subscription? Is that correct? Or is there an easier and cheaper way to achieve this update? 

Aviation Database is expired from January 2016 and Obstacle Database from April 2010. I can't use it. Can some good soul lead me to the answer, please? 

Thank you very much!

Daniel from Italy.

Edited by McDANIEL_Douglas

Daniel Sinico.

(sorry for my English mistakes).

I very recently purchased rxp gtn750/650 package for xplane and only now realised this issue with the nav data. Although I should have researched this further before purchase as I didn't see anything on the store front about this being a problem but I understand it is my responsibility to do my due diligence. 

For now I can only hope we get some sort of compromise in the future (wishful thinking I know but I am an optimist at times) from Garmin or maybe Jeppesen, maybe even some agreement with Navigraph may come about (which is very doubtful I know)  to allow an affordable means of accessing the up to date nav data on regular basis. I will be keeping an eye out on the thread for any potential solution that may come about. 

Hello everyone, because some of the reports were from 2020 I would like to ask, form people that recently obtained NAVData from JDM what's the best one that will work with both RXP GNS and GTN?

Is the  G600 NAVData update still the best option to get updates for both GNS430/530 and the GTN650/750?

Thank you!