Sign in to follow this  
VOZ102

A/T not disconnecting on landing [v4.4]

Have noticed an intermittent bug since upgrading to 4.4 - on both the 200LR and 300ER - on touchdown with the A/T engaged it doesn't automatically disconnect as it should. Happened twice after long haul flights. Manual landing but with A/T on.

Not sure if anyone else has seen the same behavior. 

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

48 minutes ago, VOZ102 said:

Have noticed an intermittent bug since upgrading to 4.4 - on both the 200LR and 300ER - on touchdown with the A/T engaged it doesn't automatically disconnect as it should. Happened twice after long haul flights. Manual landing but with A/T on.

The A/T in the B777 is not supposed to automatically disconnect at touchdown.  A/T is recommended by Boeing for all normal B777 approaches, coupled or hand flown. 

If you have a reference that indicates otherwise please share it with us.

Dan Downs KCRP

47 minutes ago, VOZ102 said:

I would encourage you to avoid the use of "bug" in the context of something that has not been verified. It's a bit semantic, I know, but people throw that around as if it's an absolute truth, without real evidence in many cases. In this case, I don't see any specific evidence that this is caused specifically by the software, which hasn't changed between 4.3 and 4.4. A bug in the software would mean that it was broken in 4,3 and is broken now in 4.4, which isn't the case.

What are your steps to reproduce this?

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, VOZ102 said:

I just finished about 30 hours flying the B777 on 4.4 with no problems.

In the real world there is a reason the pilot's hand is on the throttle when landing. 🙂

Grace and Peace,

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 hours ago, downscc said:

The A/T in the B777 is not supposed to automatically disconnect at touchdown.  A/T is recommended by Boeing for all normal B777 approaches, coupled or hand flown. 

If you have a reference that indicates otherwise please share it with us.

The A/T does indeed automatically disconnect under the following conditions - which are the ones I'm replicating in v4.4 

pnPGAOc.png

- after idle reverse thrust selection and/or;

- manually overriding the throttles when A/T RETARDS the throttle on landing. 

Will try & record the next landing to demonstrate. 

__

Thanks Kyle, as a former PMDG beta tester I'm carefully about the language I use. The "bug" may not be linked to PMDG behavior, the post was to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar. To answer: Manual ILS landing 3 times in OMDB 30L, CYYZ 05, ZSPD 35L. All times after selecting reverse thrust and/or manually overriding as explained above, the A/T does not disconnect. Will re-check my flight controllers but as I mentioned this behavior only started since the upgrade to 4.4.

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

The behavior when applying reverse thrust is what I'm used to.   Is that when you say you are not seeing it disconnect?  What indication do you have that it did not disconnect?  Since there is no EICAS message I wasn't referring to it as a disconnect because I'm not sure if A/T has any meaning in this context... afterall, you are on the ground engines in reverse thrust and there is no longer a valid MCP SPD setting so I'm not sure how to categorize this.

There are PMDG options for how your controller will interact with A/T.  Mine is set to Override during Hold/Arm only.  How about your setting?

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm also curious to know what happens after you set reverse thrust. Will the thrust stay at idle or will it even reduce thrust to idle before touchdown at all? This whole post seems so weird. What exactly means A/T not disconnecting?

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg