Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Same bugs in P3D as FSX

I have been using Microsoft Flight Sim for a few decades and moved up to P3D.  I notice the same flaws exist in both.

It happens throughout multiple computers and still exists on the latest P3D 4.4.

1.  I terrain mesh is set to high < 16, you still get a severe downward crash as you approach a runway off the water.  I thought it was a freak thing with FSX, still exists today.

2.  If you do a touch and go and try to enter a new destination in the FMC (as you just took off) you get a CTD every time.  Still exists.

3.  I was told that the instant replays for PMDG would not show the speed brakes and reversers on instant replay as it was a FSX constraint.  No! - PMDG still can't show that on replays, yet all other planes like QW787 does.

Also,I thought V4.4 was better than God.  I  see no difference between 4.3 and 4.4.  Don't get me wrong, but 4.3 or 4.4 is totally amazing (A++ on either version) - Just 4.4 is not a game changer for me versus 4.3.

Paul Gugliotta

8 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

3.  I was told that the instant replays for PMDG would not show the speed brakes and reversers on instant replay as it was a FSX constraint.  No! - PMDG still can't show that on replays, yet all other planes like QW787 does.

PMDG has explained the reason for this numerous times, even as recently as last week. In short it’s because they do some animations outside the sim that FS Recorder can’t see to record. QW must use a sim animation that FSR can see and record.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There are still many issues present, yet more have risen since 4.0 came out especially related to dynamic lighting. Take the square like big pixels that pop up as soon as you look at an area with dynamic lighting, if you don't know what the bug is take a look at this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nifp0UO8YMo 

Performance in the DL department still isn't good either, I would prefer they fixed the major bugs before adding new features and I don't want to have to pay for another version of P3D in order to get the bugs fixed...

45 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

I  see no difference between 4.3 and 4.4.  

Really? Yes, there are still issues, but photoscenery is razor-sharp now while it was a blurry mess in 4.3, and that's a major improvement to me. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Are you looking for Help Paul or just wanting to vent?

1.  Don't know what this means?  You'll need to provide more info ... location?  Is this with an add-on?  What is a "downward crash"?  Are you have a mesh issue/conflict?

2.  I've done countless touch and goes with FMC and no CTDs here ... again, can you be more specific, like what aircraft, location, etc?

3.  Seems to me this is a PMDG issue so not sure what P3D has got to do with this?

If you don't see the differences between 4.3 and 4.4 you might want to check on the numerous threads on AVSIM that will show you the differences.  AVSIM is a great resource of information IF you're will to put the time into search/browsing this site.

Cheers, Rob.