Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

FSX Crashed THREE TIMES In Single Flight

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

After making many flights without problems past 2 months, I suddenly had THREE crashes in single flight making me give up this particular flight from PABR to PASC using CalClassical C-46 plane set in FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Here is screenshot of the event view for those three same crashes below.

O7gSerL.jpg

Copy of words from event viewer:

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61472.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 286c
 Start Time: 01d493265b6fcc81
 Termination Time: 48
 Application Path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 Report Id: ffb20598-f85b-48d1-9158-6f405c4d465d
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

What can I do to fix this weird problem?

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

So you had an AppCrash.  Those are hard to diagnose as they give no clue to what module might have caused the crash.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides guidance for investigating your crash and the solution is there (i.e., there is a problem with an entry in the fsx.cfg, the dll.xml or scenery.cfg).  Page 33 provides some suggestions I found on the Internet that fixed the problem for others.

How can FSX crash 3 times in one session.  I thought, once the app crashes, you have to start it up again.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

How can FSX crash 3 times in one session.  I thought, once the app crashes, you have to start it up again.

Thanks, Jim and good to hear from you. Sorry if my previous post was not clear enough for you or anyone.

What I mean is that during that particular flight PABR to PASC,  it froze and I restarted the saved flight, and minutes later, FSX froze again and I restarted the saved flight, and minutes later, FSX froze again and I restarted the saved flight, and minutes later, FSX froze again there therefore marking it third time for same route.

Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with northern border shore of Alaska?

Next, I tested a flight out of Greenland to Iceland and it seemed to be fine.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Actually Aharon state "one flight".  Maybe many sessions with save points along the way to get to his destination.

Ya beat me to it, Aharon!:happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 minutes ago, Aharon said:

What I mean is that during that particular flight PABR to PASC,  it froze and I restarted the saved flight, and minutes later, FSX froze again and I restarted the saved flight, and minutes later, FSX froze again and I restarted the saved flight, and minutes later, FSX froze again there therefore marking it third time for same route.

I know the FSUIPC utility autosave feature caused this for many.  Turning it off fixed it for them (not a default feature so you had to turn it on if you have the fsuipc utility).  I have a feeling that something in the saved flight is the issue.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Actually Aharon state "one flight".  Maybe many sessions with save points along the way to get to his destination. 

I know that is probably what happened (and it actually did happen) but, I'm like Dr. Spock and it just did not sound logical to me.  And, if not logical, then it could not happen.

Submit News to AVSIM

18 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I know that is probably what happened (and it actually did happen) but, I'm like Dr. Spock and it just did not sound logical to me.  And, if not logical, then it could not happen.

Jim, you are showing your age.....Dr. Spock wrote the baby book....Mr. Spock was the Vulcan.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Oh....  Never liked the Doctor.  Only Vulcan's.  I hope my age was not divulged in the making of that post.

Submit News to AVSIM

Ha ha ha ha  @Jim Young and @charliearon

Thanks to both of you for kind answers.

I flew 3 flights in other parts of the world after that episode and everything was fine meaning there is SOMETHING wrong with the fight path along from PABR to PASC or FSX is trying to tell me it does not want subzero Arctic weather flights??

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

If I find time, I will try the flight from PABR to PASC.  I do not save flights though so it would be hard to duplicate as there is a possibility an issue with your saved flights.

Submit News to AVSIM

I did fly the route in the PMDG 737 - 179 miles.  No issues whatsoever.  Used real weather as I did not activate my Active Sky software.  Landing on Runway 6 was a little scary as I had a tail wind and it tried to push me down the runway faster.  After landing, it was unbelievable watching all the snow blow across the runway and during taxi.  Used default scenery with normal autogen.  FPS were well over 60 most of the flight and near 100 at landing.  I think you have something that is not compatible with FSX and/or the saved flight is corrupted in some way.

Update:  Just looked at the California Classic Propliners website - http://www.calclassic.com/ and they say you might need to replace the props if you are using FSX SP2 or later.

Submit News to AVSIM

13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Landing on Runway 6 was a little scary as I had a tail wind and it tried to push me down the runway faster.  After landing, it was unbelievable watching all the snow blow across the runway and during taxi. 

Thanks for being kind enough to recreate the PABR to PASC route and glad to hear that you had no problem with that route but had FUN experiencing challenge trying to land on PASC airport. 

Arctic flights are ALWAYS SCARY as gauges and GPS always go berserk and never work in Arctic Circle due to strong magnetic from North Pole. 

After landing, it was unbelievable watching all the snow blow across the runway and during taxi.  Used default scenery with normal autogen. 

Yes yes yes yes That is what makes Arctic flying PURE FUN which is why I like to fly to PASC or PABR in winters.

Update:  Just looked at the California Classic Propliners website - http://www.calclassic.com/ and they say you might need to replace the props if you are using FSX SP2 or later.

Well I have been using CalClassics C-46s for years without problem but basing on your advice, I decided to doublecheck and verify the textures of props to be sure it is compatible with FSX SP2 and I have discovered that the textures for propellers in my C-46 are already compatible and already fully updated for use of FSX SP2.  Thanks for good warning and tip. It is great idea to doublecheck to be safe and to be sure.

Once again, thanks for your kindness to take time off your busy schedule to test that particular Arctic route.  I am going to try my luck again this same route and if it does not work, I am guessing that FSX is telling me that PABR to PASC is off limit to me.  LOL

I flew 4 more flights in other parts of the world without problems.

Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to you.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

I flew 4 more flights in other parts of the world without problems.

The fact you can fly in other parts of the world is telling and indicating there is an issue with the scenery or the weather or a utility.  It tells us it is not FSX or the aircraft is causing the issue.  With my current system (see signature for specs), I got several unexplained crashes whenever loading the CS757 at any airport in the world IF the weather was bad.  I could also load the QW787 too and it would crash.  A PMDG aircraft too.  It wasn't the aircraft or the location that was the problem but the weather.  The weather had to be bad though.  It was while using P3DV4 and ActiveSky for P3DV4.  I attributed it to ActiveSky and sent them a trouble ticket.  By the time the responded in less than an hour, I remember the CMeteoXml.dll which is always loaded at startup.  It is reported this is the weather gauge for Carenado.  You do not have to have a Carenado aircraft loaded for this module to load.   I disabled it in the dll.xml, ran my scenario again and no more crashes.  So I assume this module cannot handle heavy weather.  It can with moderate or lite weather but not heavy weather.  It will eventually crash your sim or freeze it and provide no other clues.  So, if you have this module in your FSX directory and/or the dll.xml, please disable it and see if this fixes the problem. 

Thanks for your Holiday wishes.  Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to you too.  It a fun time of the year to celebrate!

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for good holiday wishes, Jim

I never use weather add ons as I avoid them because they always treat my planes as rag dolls tossing them around.  My current one year old laptop does not have any weather add ons or does not have REX gimmick or Active Sky gimmick or any weather addon stuff.

I use FSX default weather setting at what I think is called fair weather.  Should I change to no weather setting in FSX default if you think fair weather is contributing factor for FSX freeze?

If you want me to disable dll.xml, where can I find it (do I use FSX folder or Windows 10 folder to find it?) and how do I disable it?

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

No.  If you are only using fair weather (or even moderate weather), there should be no problems.  I use FSX's real weather feature which is good enough for me.  My suggestion was just a suggestion.  I did not know what you had installed or how you were running your flights.  It certainly is strange you are getting them and I am not.  This "saved flight" feature you are using (I assume the default), have you tried setting up a new flight plan and using that?

Submit News to AVSIM