Sign in to follow this  
dray007

X-Plane 11 Flight Dynamic/Model with Real World

Hello, im using X-Plane 11 steam version. I have cpl along with 150 hours of flying C172P . I have some question to ask. Before that I don't mean to really equalize X-plane 11 with Real world flying. Just want to know if is it the same i felt with all of you when experienced it in real world and x-plane. So, when im landing my technique is closing throttle when above threshold then flare the plane while losing its lift until the stall horn occur and then touchdown, The airplane would glide and doesnt get sink fast after i closed my throttle . In x-plane 11 when i do that after closing my throttle the airplane suddenly decreasing speed from 60 (little fast) and it sinking before i pull my yoke to flare and then bounched three point of my landing. my question is : does X-plane 11 characteristic sinking is very fast? are you feel the same thing? or maybe my flight technique is bad hahaha becuase i have not flown for 1 year.

Thats all, thank you before.

Dray Langley

Yep, known issue with current flight dynamics in Xplane. They really need to do something about it. If I remember well it used to work great in XP10.

Pierre

The XP flight model is the XP model. REP changes engine parameters, as I understand it, and introduces maintenance features, but does not really make the flight dynamics more or less realistic. 

Edited by Griphos