Sign in to follow this  
Alaaar

Two issuses please (resolved)

Hello all,

Just purchased this fine piece of work so thank you I am impressed 

I need a little guidance here please regarding the GNS 530W model ......After installing it into a Carenado B1900D,

The first issue, at VC mode the unit screen seemed to be zoomed in so you can only see the middle part but  the side menus are out of the frame of the unit 

The second issue, at the VC mode you can not use any button on the unit they are all unclickable except for the top of the screen which brings the 2D view of the unit

The 2D view is 100% functional however. at the Carenado model I am using there isn't a 2D cockpit modeled so I use it at the VC mode only 

45591761084_db9d5cdbbf_b.jpg2018-12-14_13-27-10-713 by AL RIAD, on Flickr

I am trying to attach an image to explain here 

Many thanks 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

OK.. couple of things..

In the VC, the unit is stretched.. try removing the NOBEZEL option to shrink it back.

This is what you should have in the panel.cfg file:

[Vcockpit06]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_6

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1,          0,  0, 510,372
gauge01=1900DKA!ToggleCAR530,               32,  0, 448,32

Secondly, you will have to use the popup version to use the unit.. the knobs will not work in the VC..

UNLESS you go through the trouble of installing a little helper gauge to translate the knob and button codes..

There are some posts in this forum that will guide you through that.

• Like 1

Bert

Many thanks Bert I will give it a try

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Bert, thank you it worked fine and also at the VC mode I can click some keys like zoom in and out and the enter key.

I know when I am using the GNS 530w the FMC is not functioning? or partially functioning? I have to practice more to see, however, trying to fill in the flight legs, at least to get the Avidyne MFD to display a flight path is not working also not recognizing destination airport......any solution for that please ?

Many thanks 

Alaa A. Riad

2 hours ago, Alaaar said:

the Avidyne MFD to display a flight path is not working also not recognizing destination airport

Hi, if the MFD displays the actual default GPS loaded/active route, there is an 'override' option:

Settings Panel | Gauge Options | Advanced Settings | Link Simulator GPS Waypoints

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello again I am so sorry but where I can find the "settings panel" please? I tried the GSN settings that I use after starting a flight but I couldn't find it ? 

Alaa A. Riad

7 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

Hello again I am so sorry but where I can find the "settings panel" please?

It is described on page 5 of the Reality XP GNS User's Manual, where it is referred to as the Configuration Panel.  You can find the User's Manual via the Windows Start Menu. Scroll down to find Reality XP and it should be listed.  Click to open it.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

From the manual:

"Press and hold the SHIFT key then RIGHT-Click the top edge
of the GNS device to open the configuration panel."

Use the popup version of the GNS for this to work!

• Upvote 1

Bert

7 hours ago, Alaaar said:

Bert, thank you it worked fine and also at the VC mode I can click some keys like zoom in and out and the enter key.

I stand corrected.. the knobs and buttons actually do work in the VC  :blush:

Bert

Gentlemen, I am a little embarrassed because I feel my questions are  shallow or I should spent more time reading the manuals, I promise I will and I do appreciate your help so thank you Bert, Frank and Jean-Luc

Alaa A. Riad

@Alaaar I'd say on the contrary, you are showing your willingness to deeper your knowledge and use of our products and I thank you for this. Sometimes, it just takes a couple candid questions to unlock one's understanding and get farther (how many times this was so true in the math class...)

• Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Cant agree more Jean 🙂 

Alaa A. Riad