Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Sky Force 3D abrupt changes

Hi guys,

Recently I got to test the Sky Force 3D and I noticed when the weather changes overtime, it changes instantly very abruptly. Does disabling Real-Time Sync Mode fix this? If so, how will the weather continue? The same weather till the flight is done?

The REX team is working on a new Wx engine. The one included with SF3D is not ideal. The Wx popping has been an issue for a long time. Not sure if turning off anything will help.

I use the AS engine with the SF3D textures. Works a treat.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

10 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

The REX team is working on a new Wx engine. The one included with SF3D is not ideal. The Wx popping has been an issue for a long time. Not sure if turning off anything will help.

I use the AS engine with the SF3D textures. Works a treat.

I do hear AS+rex textures is the best combo but too expensive for a software addon.

I hear you but as I mentioned I was already using AS before. You could also wait on the many sales opportunities that become available and get stuff like this at anywhere between 30 and 50% off. REX had a huge 50% blow-out during the Black Friday period and AS was to be had at 30% off as well.

Hope you can get it sorted as Wx popping is an immersion killer.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

4 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

I hear you but as I mentioned I was already using AS before. You could also wait on the many sales opportunities that become available and get stuff like this at anywhere between 30 and 50% off. REX had a huge 50% blow-out during the Black Friday period and AS was to be had at 30% off as well.

Hope you can get it sorted as Wx popping is an immersion killer.

I just heard from someone on Discord that they are working on an update that's supposed to fix the issue. Nothing confirmed though.

I also use AS + Rex Textures. Definitely an immersion killer using the SkyForce weather engine unfortunately.

They are releasing a couple of new products that will be both enhance and complement Skyforce which I'm confident will solve the issue.

Until then happy with the above combo and as suggested keep your eyes up for a good sale where you can pick up AS (I also already had AS before buying Skyforce).

Edited by PaulFWatts

10 hours ago, mustiej said:

I just heard from someone on Discord that they are working on an update that's supposed to fix the issue. Nothing confirmed though. 

They are working on yet another addon that should take care of this. I also read somewhere that they will add the weather transition smoothing part from that new addon to SkyForce but I'm not really sure about that... I don't think SF will ever get to the same level as Active Sky (otherwise there wouldn't be a need for yet another addon!). Maybe that new addon will get to the same level as AS (maybe...!) but then you'd still have to buy two addons...

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, mustiej said:

I do hear AS+rex textures is the best combo but too expensive for a software addon.

ASP4 + SkyForce 3D are lethal together and well worth whatever they charge. They occasionally go on sale for as much as 50% off.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.