Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

They said this was the busiest air route in the world..

There is something majestic about taking off from SFO to LAX, two big urban areas, but completely different vibes, with LA being the center of show business and SF (Courtesy the old bands like Jefferson Starship, Pablo Cruise, The Doobie Brothers, Journey, and Norton Buffalo) was the center of classic rock.  I used to live in the Napa Valley, north of SFO, and when I was traveling on my vacations or working as a road warrior, I flew in and out of that airport about 100 times.  Then I moved to Phoenix, still a road warrior, and have flown Phoenix almost as much, but not quite.  No other airports compare in my activity in them, although there are scattered airports in Europe I have flown into over the decades, with London, Frankfurt and Vienna getting the most attention.  I tripped thru Japan just once, lovely Narita, on my way to and from Guam.  So more or less my arc around the world was circumnavigation, but I did not travel south of the equator, but came close in Venezuela and Guam.  I love flying because it can take you to exotic destinations, out of your universe, and into another.  It is a joy to be immersed in new customs, new religions, and new politics.  If I had the money I would visit North Korea in honor of my father who fought there, so there might be no more war some day.  Then aviation and space travel can be used for what it is meant for--bringing our world and universe, at least our solar system and those them Martians together. 🙂

John

RjJv9Fz.jpg
HB2Lhj8.jpg
E2tTS63.jpg
RDmvhAB.jpg
fklAelp.jpg
ZsMBhiT.jpg
Q6pHazL.jpg
4u3FJhs.jpg
9amFBOW.jpg
tqh3NxZ.jpg
ydnqH1n.jpg