Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

P3D44 Screen Proportions

I have a UHD 4k panel and using 4096 x 2160 an have WideScreen turned on in P3d.  Problem is my screen is squished and the gauges are not round (taller).   I tried reset camera under views and no go.

When I zoom out the gauges get skinnier.  How can I turn that off?

Cheers 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

17 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I have a UHD 4k panel and using 4096 x 2160 an have WideScreen turned on in P3d.  Problem is my screen is squished and the gauges are not round (taller).   I tried reset camera under views and no go.

When I zoom out the gauges get skinnier.  How can I turn that off?

Shouldn't you be using a resolution of 3840 x 2160? If you're displaying an image 4096 pixels wide on a screen with native width of 3840 pixels (which is what I understood UHD generally is) that would give you squashed gauges as you describe. You don't say how severe it is, so it's hard to know if that's the likely culprit. However, the proportions wouldn't change with the zoom setting. And the Wide View Aspect setting is irrelevant.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

As Mark has said, the wide view is irrelevant, as that simply adjusts the field of view by zooming. There are two 4k resolutions, 4096 x 2160 and what is deemed as UHD 3840 x 2160. The two resolutions are very confusing, but effectively refer to broadcast standard display (4096 x 2160) and the majority of monitors display at 3840 x 2160. The correct resolution is determined by the monitor, which you then select in the resolution drop down menu of the display settings in P3d. I suspect your display is actually 3840 x 2160. 

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776