Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

Falcon 50 HSI CDI not tracking GPS

Hi folks, just went from Beta 4.1 to Release v1.1 and notice that the CDI on the HSI no longer auto tracks the GPS, I have Nav1 and GPS selected. On the F1 GTN 750 the CDI tracks fine? I suspect it's something simple I'm missing, worked fine in the earlier version, any help very much appreciated. Using P3D 2.4

Thanks

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

2 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Hi folks, just went from Beta 4.1 to Release v1.1 and notice that the CDI on the HSI no longer auto tracks the GPS, I have Nav1 and GPS selected. On the F1 GTN 750 the CDI tracks fine? I suspect it's something simple I'm missing, worked fine in the earlier version, any help very much appreciated. Using P3D 2.4

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

I am not home but here is something you can check: The GTN750 no longer defaults to autocourse since the HSI is analog. So you have to set the HSI course indicator (pointer) manually with the course knob. However, you can change the GTN750 to autocourse via its setup program, or more directly by editing the GTN750 ini file.

Al

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

Yep, just had to set both CRS=1 in the GTN750 ini file, one was set to =0.

Thanks

Martin

Why would you put the course on auto? It's an analog HSI. That's cheating! LOL!

13 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Why would you put the course on auto? It's an analog HSI. That's cheating! LOL!

So I can take a nap on those long flights :-)

Thanks for a great plane, she's a hoot to fly! There is a Falcon 50 flying right now from Kona, HI to Colo Springs at FL41, 552mph on this 3,426 mile flight, pretty impressive!

Edited by MartinRex007

Just so I understand, unless I set the GTN's to CRS=1, the autopilot will not follow the flight plan course?

Sorry to be so dense. I guess the real world Falcons were not GPS equipped? 

A better question would be: how did the developers envision this working?

Edited by RichieFly
mistake

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Just so I understand, unless I set the GTN's to CRS=1, the autopilot will not follow the flight plan course?

Sorry to be so dense. I guess the real world Falcons were not GPS equipped? 

A better question would be: how did the developers envision this working?

You just have to manually tune the course heading yourself. CRS-1 is for auto tuning for digital panels.

7 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

You just have to manually tune the course heading yourself. CRS-1 is for auto tuning for digital panels.

Since you're here. 🙂

I really like your new aircraft. Very nice. My heartburn is the autopilot. I understand about changing the course to match the GPS leg. That makes sense. However, the autopilot doesn't follow or track this. Is it supposed to? I have GPS on both the GTN750 and the Nav autopilot button.

I can live with whichever. I just want to know if something is not working or if I'm missing a setting/technique.

The autopilot works very well when I use it with an ILS or VOR radial, in terms of tracking navaid.

Thanks.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Since you're here. 🙂

I really like your new aircraft. Very nice. My heartburn is the autopilot. I understand about changing the course to match the GPS leg. That makes sense. However, the autopilot doesn't follow or track this. Is it supposed to? I have GPS on both the GTN750 and the Nav autopilot button.

I can live with whichever. I just want to know if something is not working or if I'm missing a setting/technique.

The autopilot works very well when I use it with an ILS or VOR radial, in terms of tracking navaid.

Thanks.

I had something similar with an outdated version of the GTN when I did the update from P3Dv4.3 to v4.4

Did a total reinstallation of the GTN (with a new download from Flight1's website) and then it worked.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Since you're here. 🙂

Thanks.

Are you within 2 NM? Default GPS tracking in flight sim will track whenever but for realism you need to be within 2NM as we have custom coding.

10 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Since you're here. 🙂

Thanks.

Yes, the GPS should follow a flight plan (with either manual or auto course).

INITIAL capture of the course by the GPS in NAV mode requires that the a/c be within 2 NM of the course.

Once captured, the GPS should maintain capture if you are within 14 NM of the course, and if you go outside the 14NM, NAV should go to the ARM indication, but should recapture when you get back within 14 NM. Example: you enter a hold at a fix on the course line. The GPS should remain captured as long as the hold pattern does not take you more than 14NM from the original course line. However, if you change AP modes, say from NAV to HDG, then you again have to get within 2NM of the course for the GPS to recapture the course in NAV mode.

Al

Edited by ark

Thanks for the replies. I'll try reinstalling the GTN with the newest version.

Update:

Updating the GTN software fixed my problem. Thanks again to all the folks offering help.

[I had updated the GTN software after the P3D4.4 release. I suppose there must have been a subsequent update or I did it wrong. The Purchase Agent came out recently. Maybe that was the required update method.]

Edited by RichieFly
Results

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS