The trouble is, sarcasm tends to turn into reality on AVSim.:wink:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

I was joking about the GTN.

Don't worry, some of us got it 😜

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

I tried to purchase it but all I get are errors trying to pay for it. Maybe I'll try tomorrow. The form that pops up to enter credit card info doesn't show all the information so I haven't a clue as to what went wrong.

First quick flight completed in the shiny new Vertx DA62 (Manchester departure, then climbing west out over the Irish Sea up to 14,000 feet to try out the oxygen simulation, before turning around and descending back into Liverpool).

Very impressed. Sounds are great, flight model is nice and realistic (although I don't think it sideslips as well as A2A birds do, but then again, neither does anything else), cockpit looks great, has an excellent GUI, avionics functions are well simulated, frame rates are very good, even with everything ramped up to the highest settings.

Having also bought the Carenado DA62 and the Alabeo DA42, both of which are priced at about 5 Dollars less than this Vertx DA62, as I daresay most people suspected, this one is in a completely different league to the Carenado and Alabeo simulations of Diamond twins, although to be fair to them also, they are certainly quite nice visually and they too fly well (some minor bugs, but no real showstoppers). Obviously a big thing which separates the Vertx DA62 is the avionics in it, which is vastly superior to that in those other Diamond twins. Thus the Alabeo DA42 is still worth having, since it is a different smaller aeroplane and no less nice for this Vertx big sister being released, however, the Vertx DA62 has just pretty much rendered the Carenado DA62 redundant.

But regardless of comparisons to other versions, is the Vertx DA62 worth the hype of this and other threads? Well, I would say yes, based on that first flight with it, it is. A very nice thing and quite reasonably priced too in my opinion, considering the level to which it goes with simulating the avionics.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Bought already, some difficulties through PayPal, needed to change to a Credit Card. Installation without trouble, as expected. First impressions: excellent!. The G1000 is really a jewel, very well defined and sharp!. A bit late for me here, and will test in flight tomorrow.

For those on the US West Coast, you have the time to enjoy it today, lucky you!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Can this G1000 calculate flight routes or do we still have to input them all manually ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I have an issue, not sure why but I installed a new fresh version of P3D4 and when I load the aircraft it starts as if the engine is ready to start and then it just gets silent, no sounds from the cockpit. also selecting the master switch does not start the electrical system. If I do a Ctrl-e then press the master switch the PDF will initialize. Not sure what's going on but I will investigate more. 

-PaulC

- Paul Cartier

very nice model, external and vc are well done.  g1000 is also quite impressive.  flying in vr in this cockpit is super nice.   one thing tho, there's no display brightness adj with the pfd 'menu' button. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Would appreciate any comparisons with Aerobask`s DA62 (different sim, I know).

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Just messing around with it, but wow, great job Vertx.

Cheers, Rob.

I have 2 successful and very fun flights so far. But on the third my MFD froze. PFD was working fine. Hope its just an isolated issue or bug!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Can this G1000 calculate flight routes or do we still have to input them all manually ?

You can do it manually or it will load flight plans from a .pln file.

• Like 1

Even with turbulent 25 knot crosswinds to touchdown, hand flying an approach is a total joy.😍