Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmm, I think I will have to have a word with 'she who must be obeyed' and get her add this to my Christmas list! BTW, everyone to their own, and I may be wrong, but in the RW, surely GA aircraft don't fly SIDS and STARS do they?

Ordinarily this is kind of true, but with regard to nav systems, SID and STAR capabilities etc on this aeroplane in particular, it's worth bearing in mind that the DA62, and the smaller DA42, are quite extensively used as trainers for airline pilots. If I remember correctly, EasyJet is a big user of them for this purpose out in New Zealand. Of course one of the reasons for this is the diesel engines, which means there is no faffing about with mixture controls and therefore they are more akin to a jet engine in terms of only really being controlled by thrust levers alone with little need to worry about mixture or prop settings, but another of the reasons for the 42 and 62 as airliner trainers is their big pair of glass PFDs which are a fair approximation of what you find in the driving seat of an A320, so for anyone who is interested in this aspect of the DA42 and DA62's navigation systems functionality in the real world, this is possibly a legitimate concern.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Ordinarily this is kind of true, but with regard to nav systems, SID and STAR capabilities etc on this aeroplane in particular, it's worth bearing in mind that the DA62, and the smaller DA42, are quite extensively used as trainers for airline pilots. If I remember correctly, EasyJet is a big user of them for this purpose out in New Zealand. Of course one of the reasons for this is the diesel engines, which means there is no faffing about with mixture controls and therefore they are more akin to a jet engine in terms of only really being controlled by thrust levers alone with little need to worry about mixture or prop settings, but another of the reasons for the 42 and 62 as airliner trainers is their big pair of glass PFDs which are a fair approximation of what you find in the driving seat of an A320, so for anyone who is interested in this aspect of the DA42 and DA62's navigation systems functionality in the real world, this is possibly a legitimate concern.

You never cease top amaze me with your knowledge Alan! Thanks for the info.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Can someone please explain why this plane is so special, it looks pretty but so do all of the other carenado aircraft.

5 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Can someone please explain why this plane is so special, it looks pretty but so do all of the other carenado aircraft.

In No particular order. Quite simply : Visuals, Flight Dynamics and System Fidelity. All of which are vastly superior on this Diamond than the Carenado by all accounts.

Looks like a really nice plane. I'm just a little surprised myself how much attention it's getting. I didn't know there were that many folks into GA.

Congrats to Vertex, looks like a real work of art. I will likely pick it up soon.

• Like 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

O BTW what are FPS like with all that Glass?

I have a kinda similar system as you, and use similar a/c add-ons (NGX & -8).

This new DA-62 runs very smooth on my system with very high settings. I lock at 20 FPS (because I prefer high settings) and my FPS stay above 19.7 everywhere I have flown in all kinds wx., even heavy TS's around Tampa Florida last night.

Performance wise the Vertx DA-62 is very well optimized...Crisco Butter. 

38 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I don't think it is your intention but all this discussion about Navigraph ect. comes across as the only thing that is important here. Yes lots of guys like to sit at their computer and watch a five or 6 hour automatic flight. It seems to me that we are missing the point that this first a light GA aircraft and many many folks like to kick the tires and light the fires for a one or two hour flight to a near by airport. My understanding is that Sean is well aware of the Navigraph limitations and I suspect there will be a solution sooner rather than later. This subject has been beat to death. We all get it. SIDs and STARS are your passion. 

Your right it was not my intention but Rudi fired off about it. 

SIDs and STARs are not my passion there just used in 100% of the airports I fly to and from.

Also, this point out the SID STAR thing has been beaten to death! really well until today, I did not even look at this aircraft. So unless people have followed it like you it just might be news to them as it was to me.

35 minutes ago, fluffybunny88 said:

I can totally understand your opinion on the navigraph charts.  Now that said I would say probably 90% of the time in the real world a light twin like this would not be flying into the large airports, for example someone owning this plane would not fly into JFK, they would fly toteterboro.  They wouldn't fly into LAX, they would go to Van Nuys.  I think that is what Sean the developer was building this plane for, not so much flying into the JFKs and LAX.  Currently there are work arounds to the sids/stars that Rudi has explained in his videos, and in other threads it has been said Navigraph is coming, but there are some issues with it.  As Rudi hinted at some of the smaller airports aren't in navigraph charts, so they wouldn't be in the G1000 database.  Yes that will help some users wanting to do the big airports, but it will hurt other users wanting to fly into the smaller airports.  

My local airport EGNX is not only the biggest cargo hub now in the UK but GA's come and go all the time, I even had GA lessons there. you're right you might not want or do fly out of huge airports but a flight into and out of airports like EGNX or islands like LEIB is not pushing the bounds of a twin GA.

Sorry, you both find the topic that BTW I did not bring up of Navigrah so offending. I just gave an opinion on why some might like it.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, pracines said:

I have a kinda similar system as you, and use similar a/c add-ons (NGX & -8).

This new DA-62 runs very smooth on my system with very high settings. I lock at 20 FPS (because I prefer high settings) and my FPS stay above 19.7 everywhere I have flown in all kinds wx., even heavy TS's around Tampa Florida last night.

Performance wise the Vertx DA-62 is very well optimized...Crisco Butter. 

Thanks, Paul am petty sure am going to buy it over the weekend and see what all the great feedback its got is all about.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

The value (price for what you get) with the Vertx DA-62 is unmatched in the GA twin class as far as I'm concerned. Like I said in another thread, the manual alone is worth $30 in the quality and completeness of content. Add the Configuration App that is filled with options to suit all kinds of realism needs and personal preference desires.

If one reads the real world flight manual or views YT vids of real DA-62 flights, this Vertx version behaves virtually the same. Simulators are usually more difficult to fly than the real thing, but this Vertx DA-62 reduces the gap without compromising the physics. 

The G1000 needs more features (and options made available) to be considered the same as RW, but for the price, we get a very capable G1000.  

I'm already looking forward to the next Vertx offering!😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pcartier1960 said:

I have an issue, not sure why but I installed a new fresh version of P3D4 and when I load the aircraft it starts as if the engine is ready to start and then it just gets silent, no sounds from the cockpit. also selecting the master switch does not start the electrical system. If I do a Ctrl-e then press the master switch the PDF will initialize. Not sure what's going on but I will investigate more. 

--update: it appears my download was corrupt, re-downloaded and everything works fine!

12 hours ago, pcartier1960 said:

-PaulC

- Paul Cartier

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Sorry, you both find the topic that BTW I did not bring up of Navigrah so offending. I just gave an opinion on why some might like it.

Not offending at all. I can see why you said that if you have not been following this release for the past 2 or 3 weeks like many of us. Long story short...there have been many others complaining about the navigraph thing and it has already been said that Sean is going to have a look at it for a solution after release. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

So far I just have setup my Chaseplane views and controls. I flew a short pattern at TNCM.

I have to say she is such a beauty, and I love the options we have with it. Sure, dynamic wear and tear would be nice, but it isnt mandatory, she has good Systems already.

As I am from Austria/Vienna, near the Diamond headquarter I HAD to trie her instantly, it was no mistake!

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

2 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Not offending at all. I can see why you said that if you have not been following this release for the past 2 or 3 weeks like many of us. Long story short...there have been many others complaining about the navigraph thing and it has already been said that Sean is going to have a look at it for a solution after release. 

That's Great Sam, thank you.

21 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I have both, each one has it's pros and cons. Each one needs more work to make it amazing. 

But to answer your question, what makes this one so special is it's flight physics.  I don't have any real world time in a DA62, but I do have about 20hrs in a da20, 40hrs or so in a Seneca III, and about 70hrs in a Seminole.  This one reminds and gives me the feed back I would expect in a light ga twin.   The Carenado flies more like a default FSX single. In the Vertx stalls and stall recoverys are modelled better, flight control response at slow speeds is more correct, stability in 45 degree turns is again more correct. 

That being said, I guess it boils down to support.  RealAir, of which Vertx is "born", has a reputation for making things right. Carenado, not so much in terms of after-sale support.  Hopefully the community will throw it's support behind Vertx so they can to support us in exchange.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I seem to be missing something on the Navigraph vs fsAerodata debate.  As i understand it, fsAerodata's updates to the P3D database use Navigraph data as its source, and in fact you have to have a paid Navigraph subscription to use the paid fsAerodata updates.  From fsAerodata's website (emphasis mine):

"Our source data is supplied by Navigraph, and is compiled and converted every AIRAC cycle. Each 28 days, a new dataset is ready in fsAeroData for download and installation into your flight simulator. fsAerodata concerns only the default FSX/Prepar3D database; all flight simulator addons and tools are updated via Navigraph’s FMS Data Manager directly.

The fsAerodata tool can be purchased as a 3-month license or 1 year license, this latter one valid 365 days from the date it was purchased. Additionally, you’ll need an active subscription to Navigraph, which is the provider of the source data to fsAerodata. At the download of each cycle, you’ll be requested to validate your Navigraph subscription."

So if an airport is missing in the Navigraph database, how does it then appear in the fsAerodata database which uses Navigraph data as its source?  As I read this, you are using Navigraph data which has been taken and baked into the P3D scenery bgls...but it's still Navigraph data.  Why then, would fsAerodata's solution, which is used in the DA-62, be any better or worse??

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I trained on the DA40tdi (yes diesel engine by Thielert) and while my simming days in GA aircraft are far and few between I will probably pick it up and get acquainted with the elegant austrian. 

SID / STAR is not concerning me. Seems like lot of you think it's an airliner.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |