Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

I have just purchased this aircraft based on the posts in this forum and RealAirs fantastic reputation.

I have two immediate questions, will there be a Vertxsim support forum and can anyone point me to a quick reference Normal Operation Checklist, and I don't mean the DA62 Operations manual, I can't imagine anyone uses this while flying the RW DA62 ?

Glen

7 minutes ago, pedwards said:

I'm having issues also. I can power the aircraft electrics, but the engine master switches will not move?. Any ideas?

Same issue here. I can power up but the engine master switches seem to be stuck in the down/off position. 

Installed in default location, AV disabled, credentials entered.

Edited by charliewards
Added info

8 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

I have just purchased this aircraft based on the posts in this forum and RealAirs fantastic reputation.

I have two immediate questions, will there be a Vertxsim support forum and can anyone point me to a quick reference Normal Operation Checklist, and I don't mean the DA62 Operations manual, I can't imagine anyone uses this while flying the RW DA62 ?

The quick reference Checklist Sean left away to be able to release "in time". Will follow soon. Imo.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Those who have a stuck master switch, what version of P3D v4 and have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi DJJose,

4.4, yes uninstalled and install with AV off, same results.

If it helps I'm also using the following hardward;

Warthog HOTAS

Edited by pedwards

Paul Edwards

6 minutes ago, pedwards said:

Hi DJJose,

4.4, yes uninstalled and install with AV off, same results.

If it helps I'm also using the following hardward;

Warthog HOTAS

Paul Edwards

Engine master switches

1 - what happens when you load aircraft again?

2 - you might try this: shut down P3D or load the default piper cub. Open DA62 config tool. "Cockpit state on load": change to another state - save. change back to first desired state - save - load P3D/DA62 again

Does this help?

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

I'd recommend making sure that the default scenario includes a default aircraft with the battery and master avionics switches on.  If not, try loading a default acft, switch the battery on there, and then switch to the DA-62.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 - what happens when you load aircraft again?

Same result

2 - you might try this: shut down P3D or load the default piper cub. Open DA62 config tool. "Cockpit state on load": change to another state - save. change back to first desired state - save - load P3D/DA62 again

Same result. If I use the config tool to set as engines running the A/C loads with engines running but stop within a few seconds

Paul Edwards

20 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Those who have a stuck master switch, what version of P3D v4 and have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Uninstall/install fixed it. Thanks!

Found the reason! I have the Logitech switch panel and the Mag switch was off. It seems the Start switches are seen as mags.

Thank you for your help. Great aircraft.

Edited by pedwards

Paul Edwards

Hi all - I think I fixed my issue as it seems like it was a panel state problem.  The very first time I loaded the aircraft in I was able to power up the electrical just fine.  I had the aircraft sitting there with avionics powered on but engines not running as I was reviewing the user manual for 20-30 minutes.  I am thinking that maybe I killed the battery and it was defaulted to the 'Remember' panel state.  The odd thing is that changing the panel state in the configurator back to 'Ready for Flight' or 'C&D' did not fix anything at that point.  It's almost like the panel state was stuck in 'Remember' which may have been a dead battery state for me.  I uninstalled for a 3rd time..but this time I deleted the Vertx DA-62 folder that gets left behind in the default install location.  Once I installed again it seems everything works again AND I got the engines running!  I now have it set for 'Cold and Dark' and my couple of tests show that it seems to be working!   Took it for a spin and oh my.....this thing is wonderful. 

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I like most don't really care about SIDS/STAR for this category of aircraft, but after installing fsAerodata navdata I get this presentation when inputting an approach at my home airport, YMMB:

31389931787_f57fa095c6.jpg

There should only be 1 NDB approach listed, as the approach is a circling approach and is not aligned with any runway. I installed fsAerodata "by the book", so I can only assume that is the cause.

Otherwise, I love this aircraft, it is brilliant and a worthy stablemate to my Turbine Duke.

PS I also love the keyboard entry ability on the G1000 - I always turned off G1000's because of the fiddly mouse manipulation required. Great touch!

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

Any of you have issues with the nose wheel steering?  I get almost zero rudder movement on the ground and therefore almost zero nose wheel steering control.  I also find the aircraft needs a ton of power on the ground to start rolling.  Any ideas?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000