Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

41 minutes ago, btacon said:

Autopilot Question. When AP is enabled and tracking to a nav heading it constantly “chases the needle” and seesaws back n forth with these oscillations happening every 30 to 45 seconds. When locked to a hdg, Aircraft does not exhibit that behavior. 

Ideas?

-Braun

That means you follow the active leg of a flightplan when this happens?

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

1 hour ago, ZoblebV8 said:

Does anyone else see through the cockpit around both pilot/co-pilot seat belts? I can see the ground from inside the cockpit in a small spot by both belts. 

Have others noticed this? It is my one and only concern with this aircraft. Both the Duke and the Lancair had places I could see through the fuselage, which always killed my immersion when I would see them: The Duke when I looked back I could see a gaping hole under the rear passenger seat. Has anyone else noticed this?

Dan Scott

5 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

POH says 20000 ft pressure alt max. But this limit might be not primarily driven by performance limits:

I did a lot of test flights at 18000 ft and some at 19000 ft (ISA press and temp most time) in the South American Andes. Never had the impression the Vertx is "near its limits". Of course climb speed above 14000 starts to reduce somewhat. Cruise speed up to these altitudes is still abt. 190 TAS (ISA, prop <= 2200 rpm acc. to POH) (POH: 189 TAS @ 18000ft ISA). I even had a takeoff at 15000 ft (SPRF) in the first raw version of video part 2 regarding Hypoxia demo, but discarded it to shorten the video somewhat.

To climb to and cruise at such altitudes, there is not much to care about. Set max power (95 load % max. cont.), keep an eye at prop rpm (2200 max. cont.), switch oxygen on. The ECUs do the rest. If setting prop rpm to about 2194-2197 there might be no corrections needed during the entire climb (according to weather, TOW 1950 kgs set).

Of couse there are many interesting areas worldwide to cruise at high altitudes. For those looking for something new and having no problems about default airports, the very huge Andes area (ORBX scenery) offer stunning landscapes and nice autogen buildings.

Thank you for info.

2 hours ago, Vindeballe said:

Have you tried to put the G1000 in an extra window an undock it, that works on my 2 screen setup.

Is that not a big FPS hit?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Amazing aircraft! The whole feel of the aircraft is immersive like no other rendition of a Diamond (or any other) aircraft I've have ever flown in Prepar3D v4. Those small nuisances like the lag when setting the Power Lever (angle) until actual percentage is obtained is exactly like the real thing!

Things I have noticed so far:

• Does anyone know why the load does not go below 9-10%? They should go down to 0% on idle  (except on high altitude where this value could be roughly 20% to keep the combustion process going)
  • Pitch value and power setting on a normal 3° approach with gear down and flaps approach is slightly off, settling in the Vertx at 100 KIAS with 48% load and a 0° pitch, should be 100 KIAS with 30-40% load and a 5° nose down pitch. 0° is normally obtained if you fly a 3° approach in a flaps up configuration.
  • ECU test should not go higher than at approx. 40% / 1800 RPM.

The nitpicky list

• RPM values should be in increments of 10 (2100, 2090 etc.) instead of 1 (2099, 2086)
  • DME / GPS values should be in one decimal up to 100 (8.1, 8.0 instead of 8.05, 8.03)
  • NAV / COM radio should have a cyan box with white text to indicate which box is actually tuned

This is in no way something that should put of anyone in doubt whether to buy or not to buy this amazing rendition of a Diamond aircraft!

• Upvote 1

This plane is amazing. Not only the modeling is top of the top, sounds are amazing and most importantly the FDE is extraordinary. I love it ! Besides, Sean made a great aircraft selection. The design of the DA62 is beautiful, so sleek and aerodynamic. As for the flight simulator world, its the best choice. We had many high fidelity general aviation aircraft with gauges but we did not had any GA with modern glass cockpit done on this level of perfection. The only things that I may miss (because I'm spoiled) is some ground equipment (chocks, tie downs, covers) and rain effects. Especially if the A2A rain effects could be implemented it would be amazing. But even without these, this plane takes an eleven out of ten.

I'm sure Sean will keep putting more finishing touches to this jewel. Everyone who loves this hobby should support this work. He deserves it by all means. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

23 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

This plane is amazing. Not only the modeling is top of the top, sounds are amazing and most importantly the FDE is extraordinary. I love it ! Besides, Sean made a great aircraft selection. The design of the DA62 is beautiful, so sleek and aerodynamic. As for the flight simulator world, its the best choice. We had many high fidelity general aviation aircraft with gauges but we did not had any GA with modern glass cockpit done on this level of perfection. The only things that I may miss (because I'm spoiled) is some ground equipment (chocks, tie downs, covers) and rain effects. Especially if the A2A rain effects could be implemented it would be amazing. But even without these, this plane takes an eleven out of ten.

I'm sure Sean will keep putting more finishing touches to this jewel. Everyone who loves this hobby should support this work. He deserves it by all means. 

The rain effect is coming...

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

51 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

That means you follow the active leg of a flightplan when this happens?

No, on a direct to.  Took off set direct to

54 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

we were "fighting about nuances" with studio monitor headphones 🙂  Quality of loudspeakers/Headphones has much more influence than when listening to many kinds of music.

I like that, although real world (and simulated) I've always got a Bose noise cancelling headset on pretty much from the get go 🙂  ... sadly I have some studio monitors just sitting dormant.

But I have tinnitus so I pretty much use noise cancelling headphones as much as I can as that's the only thing that helps reduce the 24/7 high pitch squeal.

Love this aircraft, thank you.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, rudi0310 said:

One of the beta testers is a real DA62 pilot. Sean optimized notably the engine sounds in cooperation with him. The last fine tunings happened yesterday a few hours prior to release, we were "fighting about nuances" with studio monitor headphones 🙂  Quality of loudspeakers/Headphones has much more influence than when listening to many kinds of music.

But of couse it is your right to feel the sound is too soft. Glad to hear that you like the DA62.

In cockpit are perfect, I'm just used to a louder sound in outside view which I can not seem to get...yet.

The mute issue is my personal biggie. I have two monitors and if I click on the second - the sim monitor  goes dead - should not happen with mute off.

as an aside - a big thank you to Sean for using the addon.xml method of install. Will be nice when all devs get with the program.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

59 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Have others noticed this? It is my one and only concern with this aircraft. Both the Duke and the Lancair had places I could see through the fuselage, which always killed my immersion when I would see them: The Duke when I looked back I could see a gaping hole under the rear passenger seat. Has anyone else noticed this?

RealAir have always warned that there are "holes" if you start looking in odd places (for performance reasons)..

Bert

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

For whatever reason the aircraft ignores the "mute on lost focus" setting in P3D and always mutes on lost focus.

Its the custom sounds...

I agree, maybe Vertx could add an option to keep the sounds going when I check the forecast in ASP4 or my Navigraph Charts on the 2nd monitor. 

Does VERTX ever plan on adding SID/STAR's to the plane?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

26 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Yes, it does, and probably it will use Navigraph cycles for its G1000.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

27 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Your answer is a few pages back - always best to read the thread.

yes - no time frame

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Wow, just bought this bird and will test it out in VR.  I got VR setup for P3Dv4...been a while...wow they fixed things big time.  Will post settings and what not soon.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)