Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

14 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

That was one of the first things I noticed - This->  the aircraft ignores the "mute on lost focus" setting in P3D and always mutes on lost focus.

I think this version will solve the problem:

www.douglassdawson.ca/files/dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 v1.2.zip

The sound gauge is being loaded from the aircraft's panel folder, so navigate to the panel folder and replace the version of the gauge you find there with the version in the archive.

Also, you will need to drill down into the sound  folder located within the panel folder.  There you will find the configuration file, sound.ini, that the gauge is using.  Replace it with the version in the archive.

To explain the change, the previous versions of the sound gauge did not allow for sounds to continue playing if FS lost focus.  I have now made this optional, although the previous behaviour is still the default, so that this version of the gauge will not change the behaviour of add-ons using previous versions of the gauge.

The entry in the sound.ini file:

MuteOnLostFocus=0

will allow sounds to continue playing even if P3D is no longer the window with focus.

If I can figure out how to get the current setting out of P3D, I'll update the gauge to do this automatically, but in the mean time, you can make this change manually and get the experience you are looking for.

Doug

Edit:

When it is loaded the gauge now reads the Mute On Lost Focus setting from the Prepar3D.cfg file, so you don't have to modify the sound.ini file - just drop the new gauge into the aircraft's panel folder.  The setting in the .ini file does still work however, if you want to override the default setting retrieved from P3D.

Edited by ddawson
Updated gauge to follow the mute of lost focus setting of P3D
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Just a point worth noting with this thing for those wondering about what and what this does not simulate and who might be surprised to find that a modern twin such as this does not have every system they might expect on board, i.e. weather radar, TCAS, EFB, satlink data, synthetic vision etc, etc. In producing my video where I compare the Vertx DA62 with the Carenado DA62 (which is on my youtube channel if you wanna watch it, there's a link off a post on the Hangar Chat forum) and I cover what they both do and do not simulate, obviously I had to research what the real aeroplane does and does not include, and to do that there was no better source to check than the real aeroplane.

So if anyone is curious about that stuff, I can recommend looking at the Daimond aircraft website, where you'll see that although the G1000 is a standard avionics option, the avionics themselves can have additional (extra cost) options added, some of these are software and add no weight, some are hardware and obviously do add some weight, which means not all DA62s are created equal and it therefore doesn't necessarily indicate that it is unrealistic for a simulation of the aeroplane to not have for example, a weather radar, or synthetic vision or whatever. As I say, see the website (and my vid if you like) for a bit more about all that malarkey. Or if you prefer, just get in your shiny new Vertx DA62 and enjoy it, because it is a very nice thing indeed. 🙂

Also a note about sound, which some people have brought up...

It's worth bearing in mind that whether you use speakers or headphones, these can have a big effect on what the sound quality is like and in particular the frequencies you do and do not hear. So, apart from not using a rubbish soundcard or rubbish on board sound (on board sound is okay providing the motherboard which is providing it is a decent one), what is important is to have, is decent audio speakers or headphones, and by that, I mean ones which reproduce the sound properly without attempting to enhance it...

What you are looking for with that therefore, is monitor speakers or monitor headphones (sometimes called DJ headphones). These will not attempt to tart up the sound with super dooper bass response or any of that nonsense, instead providing a clear reproduction of the actual sound, and so you get to hear the sounds as intended. And you don't have to spend a fortune on those either, you can get a pair of perfectly adequate Sony monitor headphones for 25 quid and they will do a good job. Monitor speakers (of the kind used in studios for mixing) will cost considerably more (probably a couple of hundred quid minimum), but these too will be better at reproducing the sound as intended, than a lot of other options.

This is incidentally, one of the biggest mistakes people make when producing videos for youtube and music for soundcloud etc. They will mix the sound using speakers of headphones which enhance the sound, and of course it will sound great to them, but it will sound bloody awful to anyone else who listens to it who has not got that exact same soundcard and speaker/headphone combination. Of course what they should have done, is made their audio sound good on monitor headphones or speakers, so they can be certain it will sound good to everyone else.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

POH page 4A-31 says "increase(s) above 1800 rpm" during ECU test

On which data source this comparison is based on? And at 0% power (load) the engines go off... btw you also will have a fuel consumption greater zero...

Thank you for replying Rudi!

I don’t want to sound like a besserwisser here, but it is based on real world data and my experience with the engine.

The 10% load, at 0% load the engine will not stop, 0% load = power levers idle. A load of 0-4% is expected on ground with the power levers set to idle. At 10% load you will start rolling. In the air you could get up to at least 30% load with power levers set to idle, but only at high altitudes (due to combustion process). In addition the engine must run at a maximum load of 10% for one minute before shutting down to avoid heat damage to the turbocharger (AFM Page 4A - 60). 

Below is an example of power levers set to idle with an indicated 0% load at approximately 6600 ft indicated:

ecu2.jpg

The pitch and power values were a bit exaggerated, the power setting is just fine, it should settle around 45-50%. The pitch angle should be around 3-4° nose down as seen below: 

pitchpower.png

Last but not least, again, I not want to sound know-it-all (although I might with the information presented above), but rather share my experience from using the Austro Engine in real life. The Vertx DA62 is nothing short of amazing in my humble opinion! 😄

Edited by joherszch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ddawson said:

I think this version will solve the problem:

www.douglassdawson.ca/files/dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 v1.2.zip

The sound gauge is being loaded from the aircraft's panel folder, so navigate to the panel folder and replace the version of the gauge you find there with the version in the archive.

Also, you will need to drill down into the sound  folder located within the panel folder.  There you will find the configuration file, sound.ini, that the gauge is using.  Replace it with the version in the archive.

To explain the change, the previous versions of the sound gauge did not allow for sounds to continue playing if FS lost focus.  I have now made this optional, although the previous behaviour is still the default, so that this version of the gauge will not change the behaviour of add-ons using previous versions of the gauge.

The entry in the sound.ini file:

MuteOnLostFocus=0

will allow sounds to continue playing even if P3D is no longer the window with focus.

If I can figure out how to get the current setting out of P3D, I'll update the gauge to do this automatically, but in the mean time, you can make this change manually and get the experience you are looking for.

Doug

Edit:

When it is loaded the gauge now reads the Mute On Lost Focus setting from the Prepar3D.cfg file, so you don't have to modify the sound.ini file - just drop the new gauge into the aircraft's panel folder.  The setting in the .ini file does still work however, if you want to override the default setting retrieved from P3D.

Thank You! 💪😍

Just the question. Is it only for DA62 or can I use in the other plane (near the same problem I noticed in MilViz PA30 Twon Comenche).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thank You! 💪😍

Just the question. Is it only for DA62 or can I use in the other plane (near the same problem I noticed in MilViz PA30 Twon Comenche).

I think MilViz used the underlying sound library in their own gauge, rather than using the sound gauge itself.  If that is the case, then this gauge won't change the behaviour of the PA30.  You'll have to check with MV.

Doug

I am not a developer so I have no idea what it takes to integrate weather radar support,and yes Alan, I agree that this doesn't make the sim "unrealistic", but these days having access to weather information in the cockpit of GA airplanes is quite common, and I hope Sean integrates AS16 weather radar into his G1000 gauge. (I would personally take this any days over rain on the windshield)

Regards,

John

• Like 1

to g1000 pro's out there:

how do i recenter the cdi needle when i get off course (intervene with hdg select) while doing a direct-to a waypoint?  the g1000 manual says just press 'direct-to' and 'enter' twice to recenter the cdi needle to proceed to the same waypoint.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

32 minutes ago, 757FO said:

I am not a developer so I have no idea what it takes to integrate weather radar support,and yes Alan, I agree that this doesn't make the sim "unrealistic", but these days having access to weather information in the cockpit of GA airplanes is quite common, and I hope Sean integrates AS16 weather radar into his G1000 gauge. (I would personally take this any days over rain on the windshield)

Regards,

John

Well, in the same way that you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing, you don't need a weather radar to know it's raining if there is rain on the windshield (sorry couldn't resist that).

I'm pretty sure in the interim you can use a pop up 2D weather radar screen, but yeah, would be nice to have it integrated for those who have a WX add on.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, joherszch said:

Thank you for replying Rudi!

I don’t want to sound like a besserwisser here, but it is based on real world data and my experience with the engine.

No, absolutely not, many thanks for sharing these interesting insights and for your effort to prepare and to embed the screenshots!

• Like 2

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

1 hour ago, kdfw__ said:

to g1000 pro's out there:

how do i recenter the cdi needle when i get off course (intervene with hdg select) while doing a direct-to a waypoint?  the g1000 manual says just press 'direct-to' and 'enter' twice to recenter the cdi needle to proceed to the same waypoint.  

With an active flight plan, the Direct-to button should load the active waypoint and 'enter' twice will indeed center the CDI needle.

Bert

The virtual and instruments are very sharp and beautiful.

I'm a bit amazed by the magnetic compass... how to say it... looks cheap and not as the same standard as the rest?

- TONY -

13 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

With an active flight plan, the Direct-to button should load the active waypoint and 'enter' twice will indeed center the CDI needle.

Hi Bert,

thanks.  sorry i wasn't clear, this is a case without an active fp.  so i take off, then do a direct-to some airport, do some hdg select and get off course, and then attempt to resume direct-to the airport.  the gns530 allows me to direct-to to center cdi anytime as long as the waypoint is active.

i'm not sure how this is working with the g1000.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

11 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

Hi Bert,

thanks.  sorry i wasn't clear, this is a case without an active fp.  so i take off, then do a direct-to some airport, do some hdg select and get off course, and then attempt to resume direct-to the airport.  the gns530 allows me to direct-to to center cdi anytime as long as the waypoint is active.

i'm not sure how this is working with the g1000.  

Should work the same... :wink:

Bert