Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

30 minutes ago, Simicro said:

The virtual and instruments are very sharp and beautiful.

I'm a bit amazed by the magnetic compass... how to say it... looks cheap and not as the same standard as the rest?

Have noticed it as well.. maybe because it is floating in liquid.. :unsure:

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Should work the same... :wink:

odd, it's not working for me.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Just now, kdfw__ said:

Not for me either.. looks like a bug..

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Have noticed it as well.. maybe because it is floating in liquid.. :unsure:

It's not the liquid IMHO. I'm sure Sean noticed it because at the time of RealAir he did crystal clear compass with a nice movement in liquid.

- TONY -

I don't know.  Will check and report back.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Does "CWS" lit up in the AFCS status box (PFD), between Nav2 and Com2)?

33 minutes ago, btacon said:

I don't know.  Will check and report back.  Thanks.

"CWS", means the same reason than other users had. What you observe might be caused by any hardware which tries to move control surfaces. See axis assignment in P3D or FSUIPC, any hardware components you use, for example.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

1 hour ago, kdfw__ said:

I'm not at my PC but what happens if you scroll through the flight plan list and highlight your destination...  Then when it's highlighted press the Directto button and accept.  Does that work?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm not at my PC but what happens if you scroll through the flight plan list and highlight your destination...  Then when it's highlighted press the Directto button and accept.  Does that work?

yes, that works--on the active flt pln.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hi everyone,

Seeing the Vertx Launch thread, I decided to post my first initial reaction to this addon.  Please share you reactions.

After initial snafu with my Shaders in my P3D and not Vertx's fault (see my other thread), I am back in action.

Very grateful to @Sean Moloney for making this jaw dropping/mindblowing addon and @rudi0310 for his excellent videos; it will take me almost half of 2019 or more to understand all this avionics stuff.

Everyone don't ask Sean to scale down anything on this addon.  It is truly showcasing the amazing opportunities of Prepar3d 4.4, and things will get better as more and more developer forget the past bad habits created by FSX and start embracing the new features of this 64bit sim.  Sean, please don't scale down anything...infact everything should go up.

The user guide is a MUST read for everyone and it is so well written.  The graphic settings section gave me so much inside on how mip-map textures work at what not.  Wow!!! change my sim understanding.

Obviously, it will me some time to understand G1000 manuals but wow what a simulation experience.

LM did an amazing job with VR improvements, I wasn't VR simming for a while but for 4.4 they did amped up their game.  The new VR model coming out in 2019 should make Flightsim even more cooler as it has higher resolution and in my book it will be mandatory to have 8gb+ video cards for the upcoming graphical immersion.  4GB Video card just ain't gonna cut it with Prepar3d 4.5+ onwards....sure it will work but for VR and 4K+ you need more power.

Anyway back to topic.  This plane has to be experience in VR with no-mipmap textures.  Holy Cow!!! this was jaw dropping immersion.  I have shadows and HDR off as Da62 manual recommends - surreal experience.  @rudi0310 is right about the Sound....it is amazing and it has to be heard from good headset.  I have usb 7.1 headset and Occulus Rift has amazing audio headset also....

I can hear how the wind comes around the windows and what not.  In VR, I was like omg, this is just too good - made it feel so real.  Even in desktop mode....it is nice.  But you need proper headset to enjoy the immersion.  No idea what sound issues that few are facing.

This plane is like a car, I opened the doors in flight, and all the beeps were coming like a car, lol...it even has seat belts like a car, and a hand rest (again experience this in VR).

The textures are so amazing, that in all my years in flightsim - I haven't seen anything like this.  The details are work of art.  Again how is this under $40 bucks.....this addon should be near $100+.  At this point, only 2 active companies A2A and Vertx come at the same level of detail and fidelity when it comes to GA aircraft.

I can not wait to see what new amazing upgrades @Sean Moloney has for us.  

Sean, please tell me Diamond and Garmin are paying you for making this...after this VR experience, I have made up my mind to work even more with sophistication so that within few years, I can buy the real DA62 (get my PPL with multi engine rating, lol this plane uses Jet-A fuel).  Everyone has their airplane type, Cessna's are good but never sexy and this plane is something else.  What a story and dream realization it will be one day when I do get the real one and it all started from this addon. 

Thank you for this addon.  My whole of 2019 will be spend on flying and learning this addon.

Cheers,

Skywolf

Just look at the detail - No-mipmap VC in 4K with 4MSAA....wow

MzVs1t2.jpg

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 5

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

8 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

OK, so LPV is a U.S. thing for now.

LPV is available in Europe as well via EGNOS.

Love the aircraft. Perhaps the smoothest aircraft i've ever flown. Visually it's an A+ and the systems are great. 8.5/10 for me!

I did, however encounter one odd kink--

I was just on approach and at +-200 feet agl when the aircraft banked hard left into the ground - while simultaneously letting out a screeching siren. This happened so suddenly, that no action from me or the autopilot could have warranted it; it's as if one wing hit an invisible wall.

Oddly enough, I was flying into a default airport (KSHR) when this happened, so it couldn't have been the scenery (I wouldn't think). Anyone else had or heard of this issue?

I cannot turn on the left or right engine master. It very briefly clicks on and then off. I'm using spad.next but I have it disabled. Does this have something to do with the saitek switch panel. It shouldn't even be active with spad shut down. Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, hqmurphy said:

. . .  I did, however encounter one odd kink--

I was just on approach and at +-200 feet agl when the aircraft banked hard left into the ground - while simultaneously letting out a screeching siren. This happened so suddenly, that no action from me or the autopilot could have warranted it; it's as if one wing hit an invisible wall.

Oddly enough, I was flying into a default airport (KSHR) when this happened, so it couldn't have been the scenery (I wouldn't think). Anyone else had or heard of this issue?   

I did experience something similar while at cruise.  Cruising along 30-45 minutes into a flight and all off a sudden hard bank and uncontrollable, no recovery.  Engines had been fine, was at 10,500 cruising well below yellow.  Even as it was going out of control input seemed to have no effect, both engines appeared fine and all gauges indicated they were performing equally even as it tumbled into the ground.

• Upvote 1

Joe Lorenc

3 minutes ago, Joe L said:

I did experience something similar while at cruise.  Cruising along 30-45 minutes into a flight and all off a sudden hard bank and uncontrollable, no recovery.  Engines had been fine, was at 10,500 cruising well below yellow.  Even as it was going out of control input seemed to have no effect, both engines appeared fine and all gauges indicated they were performing equally even as it tumbled into the ground.

Me too.  45 minutes into a flight at 12000, when without warning the aircraft plunged into an uncontrollable dive.

I've also had issues with the map becoming unresponsive after about 15 - 30 minutes.

Belinda

Belinda - YBBN

Make sure that you start with the default scenario and then change the aircraft, airport and flightplan. Sometimes information inherited from a previously saved scenario will corrupt key variables in a complex aircraft.

I'm not saying these reports of loss of control are definitely caused by using a saved scenario, but starting with the default scenario is a way of troubleshooting the problem.

Whats more likely is that there is a bug in the logic of one of the aircraft gauges. Or possibly a misbehaving add-on is either corrupting the aircraft gauge or flooding the SimConnect channel.