Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

On 12/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, ddawson said:

I think this version will solve the problem:

www.douglassdawson.ca/files/dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 v1.2.zip

The sound gauge is being loaded from the aircraft's panel folder, so navigate to the panel folder and replace the version of the gauge you find there with the version in the archive.

Also, you will need to drill down into the sound  folder located within the panel folder.  There you will find the configuration file, sound.ini, that the gauge is using.  Replace it with the version in the archive.

To explain the change, the previous versions of the sound gauge did not allow for sounds to continue playing if FS lost focus.  I have now made this optional, although the previous behaviour is still the default, so that this version of the gauge will not change the behaviour of add-ons using previous versions of the gauge.

The entry in the sound.ini file:

MuteOnLostFocus=0

will allow sounds to continue playing even if P3D is no longer the window with focus.

If I can figure out how to get the current setting out of P3D, I'll update the gauge to do this automatically, but in the mean time, you can make this change manually and get the experience you are looking for.

Doug

Edit:

When it is loaded the gauge now reads the Mute On Lost Focus setting from the Prepar3D.cfg file, so you don't have to modify the sound.ini file - just drop the new gauge into the aircraft's panel folder.  The setting in the .ini file does still work however, if you want to override the default setting retrieved from P3D.

Thank you for this! Doug you rock! I know I'm late to the party, but this loss of focus issue was driving me a little batty today. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hi Folks,

Believe I have solved my problem, started with a different aircraft, then chose the Diamond, and all is working.

It just needed a working aircraft, then doing the switch.

Cheers Brian

BJ from OZ

1 hour ago, Sean Moloney said:

Before you can input using the keyboard you need to use the knobs to initiate waypoint entry. There are some instructions on how to do this on pg 36 of the user guide.

Sean

Hi Sean,

that is exactly what In did: selected the field I wanted to change/enter a value, highlighted the first character with the FMS knobs and then typed a letter on the keyboard. That resulted in all letters in that field being highlighted without any change in the desired first character. And I do not use any virtual keyboard.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

12 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Ok I might complete my posting somewhat:

Create flightplan in Little navmap and save as .pln.

Within P3D running, DA62 must been loaded ("choosed") and "on", then use P3Ds flight plan load function I mentioned a few postings above:

"P3D menu - Navigation - flight planner - load (- browse)"

No further action required.

More simple: I demonstrate this in my video part 4 A at the start, see my signature.

Note: I am not sure if this works in all cases when choosing flightplan during scenario edit, at P3D start..

The flight plans in the G1000 memory are a completely different task. These are stored by the G1000 save flight plan function, see my video part 2.

Well, it loads into the aircraft when you have loaded the DA62 in its departing airport first. When you load the flight plan before you load the DA62, it will not show. That is different to all other aircraft I have where it does not make any difference when you load the flight plan.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Great plane, it is now my firm favorite.

I had two intermittent CTD's with the DA62 but it does not happen all the time. I am flying on outopilot using HDG mode doing some sight seeing at fairly low level. I then decide to fly to an airport and click on Direct To. The moment I turn the inner dial on the G1000 to enter the airport P3D stops responding and crashes to the desktop. I do not see any error messages. It has now happened twice, once on the left hand unit and once once the right hand unit, but it does not happen every time I use Direct To, any advice would be appreciated.

Johan Pienaar

13 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

Hi Sean,

that is exactly what In did: selected the field I wanted to change/enter a value, highlighted the first character with the FMS knobs and then typed a letter on the keyboard. That resulted in all letters in that field being highlighted without any change in the desired first character. And I do not use any virtual keyboard.

Could you try entering a direct-to into the default baron 58 G1000? It also allows waypoint input with the keyboard, using exactly the same method as described on pg 36 of the DA62 manual. It would be useful to know if the same problem occurs outside of the DA62.

Thanks,

Sean

I tried but it seems the Baron is no longer in the inventory in P3D V4.4?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I did... here is the strange thing: It worked in the Mooney. I then switched to the Da62 and now it works there as well....weird... but I'm happy that it works, thanks for your help!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

13 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Rudi, thank you again for your help. I watched  PART 4 B again, and I realized that you used the WAYPOINT page to choose your approach. I used the PROC button to choose my approach. Also, I may have missed choosing the transition waypoint.

I'm going to rerun either my flight plan or copy yours from your PART 4B video and use the WAYPOINT page to choose my approach. Not sure if that is the reason my approach would not arm (choosing from PROC button).

Your PART 4B video is excellent by the way. 

Might be better to choose approach and transition this way: Choose wpt page, airport subpage, press apr (softkey 8 ) below the MFD display to display the complete approach page. Ensure that  "KSLE" is choosed as airport on top of this page, if not, set it using cursor mode. Below of that, choose approach and transition as shown in my video using cursor mode. Important: After that you must "load and activate" the approach using menu button. Later you will have to activate the LPV ("ILS) part of the approach. To do this, press the apr button left of the PFD, check that "GP" (glidepath) is shown in white (means armed) in the status box (PFD between nav2 and com2)

Walk through video part 2 again to see and ask again, if something is not clear.

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

I bought this magnificent bird a few days ago and am slowly getting accustomed to it, 

Please forgive me if this is not appropriate for this topic (which I have followed daily): I really prefer/need a pilot's guide on paper. I find it very hard to switch between screens. The guide provided is clear and easy to read but cannot be printed. The white on black will use my entire black ink supply. 

Any way to change to text on a plain paper? 

Embarrassed

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

5 hours ago, Sean Moloney said:

Oops try the Mooney G1000....

Sean...when you have time, I have been trying to set up some of my cockpit switches to work with things like lights, starter button, elect switch etc. I have tried to use fsuipc macros with limited success. I can get an action like for instance Landing lights to work but only for a short time and then it stops. I am guessing that it is caused buy a conflict created by some of your custom code? Any advice for those of us with home cockpits?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

Sean...when you have time, I have been trying to set up some of my cockpit switches to work with things like lights, starter button, elect switch etc. I have tried to use fsuipc macros with limited success. I can get an action like for instance Landing lights to work but only for a short time and then it stops. I am guessing that it is caused buy a conflict created by some of your custom code? Any advice for those of us with home cockpits?

Same here Got most of all them working except for the Master Battery switch and the Engine Master 1 & 2. Everything else works fine even the starters. Sean sent me this if it helps anyone.  I have played with it for a few hrs but just cant get those switches to work and I'm kind of a rookie with this stuff.  Josh

Electrical master:

(>L:electricalMasterSwitch,bool)

Engine master left

(>L:DA62EngMasterSwitch:1,bool) 

Engine master right 

(>L:DA62EngMasterSwitch:2,bool) 

starter button left

(>L:starterSwitch:1,bool) 

starter button right 

(>L:starterSwitch:1,bool)

All variables: 1=on, 0=off

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

18 hours ago, planenut said:

All of a sudden I can't get any power on the airplane without turning on the Elect. Master switch, selecting an outside view, and going back to the inside view.  Up until this started all I had to do was turn on the switch.  Don't know what going to an outside view and back inside has to do with it.  Haven't changed anything.   Any ideas?

Jim

I just installed the plane, and I am having he same issue. I have to go to a spot view and then back to the cockpit before the displays will fire up in the aircraft. Not able to start the engines. I have uninstalled, removed the vertx folder under /me/documents/prepare3d/addons and reinstalled. Also tried loading a default aircraft first, then switching to the plane. Also tried setting from cold dark to started in the vertx control panel and I still get a dark cockpit with basically no sound and not able to start the engines. 

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png