Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

2 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

There appears to be something going on with the brake axis.  The aircraft would achieve takeoff speed just fine one time and not the next.  I would calibrate my brakes in FSUIPC  and things might or might not improve.  Tonight I tried removing my brakes in FSUIPC  and the aircraft would start to taxi at around 20% power and get to takeoff speed just fine.  I have also witnessed the nose wheel skating.  The plane certainly flies nice though and I have made some nice approaches and landing with it.  It is a keeper with a few nits.  😊

Bill

Exactly. I deleted my fsuipc.ini and I am currently rebuilding it. Trying to rule that out at the moment. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I did more than 12 take offs (and landings lol) with it, no problems here. But I do not use FSUIPC for inputs, just P3D. But I had a similar issue with the Leonardo Maddog and its brakes not working as they should. That went away when I stopped using FSUIPC and went back to P3D. I assumed (and still do) that this was all my fault, but I couldn't figure it out.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Yeah, so far so good. I cleared out the fsuipc ini and let it rebuild and been messing around for hours without the takeoff acceleration issue. That ini needed a refresh to be honest. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this issue. I'm really enjoying the aircraft its a work of art. But I also had the issue of full take off power only giving me about 40 kts. And when I tried to taxi it felt like it was stuck in mud so to speak (requiring atleast 40% power to move). I am however also using fsuipc. I've re calibrated my brakes axis and everything seems okay for now.

And Marc I do believe there is a stall warning tone. Its quiet subtle and not very loud.

Edited by jrs182p

On 12/19/2018 at 7:36 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Don't expect "double" or "60 fps over FTX regions"... Given the complexity of the glass panels, the performance is good, but not record setting..

If you want that level of performance, start looking at high performance hardware..

Well I have a 1080 and a 7700k at 4.5 on an M.2. Not much improvement available, maybe 10 or 15% at most.

I also get 60 fps in the Dash 8, and even in the PMDG (at least in the air).

It is quite possible with sensible settings. I don't use autogen or dynamic lighting, and often turn of Ai traffic.

I don't run at 4K either.

This is basically, because I'm not stupid.

So, yes, it is quite possible .

And when I said: "10% or double", I was alluding to the fact that when people say "it's better", or "it's quite good"...... it is not really helpful is it ? !

Absolute measures are meaningless. So a simple comparison is usually, a lot more helpful. Relative measures actually mean something. So, is the guy getting 20 percent, 30 percent, 40 percent..... better than a specific aircraft ? What does better mean?

Hope you follow my logic.

Simple really.

But thanks for your input, as usual.

Edited by Gabe777

12 hours ago, SolRayz said:

The nose gear even looks like it sliding across the pavement and has zero authority. 

Also, there seems to be no stall warning horn. Why?

Anyone else experience any of these things?

I've experienced the understeer, but then I experience that in almost every plane in my fleet. The notable exceptions are the PMDG aircraft, and the QW787. Ground friction in the sim has been "who poured grease on the tarmac" levels of weird since the FSX days, and if I recall correctly, PMDG had to write a bunch of code specifically to counteract the sim's weird tire/ground friction model.

I got a stall warning horn when playing with the stall modeling last night.

No problem steering here. I use FSUIPC but not for configuring axis. Only for assigning axis and buttons/keystroke. What I do find however, is who put gallons of quick setting glue on the grass? FULL power needed, for quite a while, to haul myself on to some tarmac!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I will be posting a VR review with this plane along with settings.  This plane is meant for VR.  Rudi's videos are super important....there is so much in this G1000, and I hoping electronic checklists are added to G1000.  I have a feeling that Sean is gonna put lot of cool things for this addon...it already has so much stuff already.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

43 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I will be posting a VR review with this plane along with settings.  This plane is meant for VR.  Rudi's videos are super important....there is so much in this G1000, and I hoping electronic checklists are added to G1000.  I have a feeling that Sean is gonna put lot of cool things for this addon...it already has so much stuff already.

Sounds good, will read it with great interest! And thanks again... 

I do only own a Samsung Gear VR adapter for my Galaxy S9+ yet, Only GTX1060. Would look blurry and would stutter?

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

On 12/20/2018 at 5:02 PM, guenseli said:

The LINDA module is ready now:

Have fun!

Blimey Guenter, that was quick! Thanks. 😉

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 12/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, guenseli said:

The LINDA module is ready now:

Have fun!

Edel und wunderbar- Danke mein Herr!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

27 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Blimey Guenter, that was quick! Thanks. 😉

Is this for the DA-62. It says DA42??

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

40 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Is this for the DA-62. It says DA42??

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

😡😵😳

1.0 > 1.1
corrected the most painful error ever: I named everything as DA42 and have never realised that it is wrong.
Sorry for that, you have also to reassign functions to make them work with the "new" naming.
Very, very sorry!

I have changed everything to DA62, however that means also, you have to reassign the functions.

If you use the MCP Combo, you could replace with my default config-mcp*

If you use other hardware, you can try to open the config-hid file in an editor (not word or similar!) and replace every DA42 into DA62. Should work then. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks Sam 😳

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guenter-

Would a fresh DL solve/prevent  the issue if I haven’t popped it into Modules yet?

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper