Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Many Thanks for the update, Sean!

i9-9900K / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 2070 8 GB / W10 64

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, rudi0310 said:

Not every. Not limited to US. And depends on nav data source used.

How to find out if an airport has LPV or any other kind of approach:

From wpt airport page, press "app" key, then fill in the "airport" field on top of this page. This way you can inspect every airport regarding available approaches without the need to include it in a flight plan first. Second way: use Little NavMap, ensure that correct nav data source "scenery library" is choosed (right click on airport in map, "show procedures").

When I use LNM and show procedures, I can see the RNAV approaches. But, how do I know that a particular RNAV approach has an LPV approach in Little Nav Map by looking at the procedures?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

When I use LNM and show procedures, I can see the RNAV approaches. But, how do I know that a particular RNAV approach has an LPV approach in Little Nav Map by looking at the procedures?

It looks like it must show a GPS approach:

dQab3WC.jpg

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Check if LPV is available for an airport in Little Navmap:

In LNM, right click on airport, "show all procedures for airport xxxx". Search-procedures tab opens. LPV procedures are named as "GPS". Click on triangle left of the entry to see the transitions. Click on a line of this list to see the appr on the map

Check if LPV is available in G1000 while on ground:

Click on proc key right of MFD. Use cursor to change airport field to your needs. See available approaches. Search for "LPV". choose transition. 

Edited by rudi0310
Edit: wrote posting at same time as posting above, did not see it before

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Anyone know where the flight plans go so they show up in the g1000? I exported out of pilot2atc and cannot figure out where it goes. None of the flight plans in the p3d default dir show up. I did a search for the default CZBB/KPAE flight plan that is installed with da-62 and it doesn't show up on my computer. Thanks

The flight plans out of the P3D-Files directory should show up.There is no special folder for the flight plans. The G1000 reads the standard pln-files.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Hmmm..... nothing shows up except the default (installed) CZBB/KPAE in the g1000 and I cannot find that flight plan anywhere. I use everything.exe that finds any file on my computer. I have many flight plan files in my C:\Users\*****\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files folder and none show up in the g1000.

They don't show up on the "stored flight plans". Just load the plan after you have placed the aircraft in the sim. Then the plan is loaded in the G1000.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Only thing I can navigate to is a create new flight plan. I cannot find anything with a load flight plan.

Looks like I finally managed to get VR settings nailed down with my 4GB 980 GTX (to maximum performance that the card can do)....I can't wait for 8gb+ 2XXX video card.  Flying in Orbx FTX regions is where VR and Vertx DA62 Magic is at.  Settings and mini VR experience write up later this evening.  Lots of explaining as VR is still Gen 1 tech. 

Hint - I can VR sim over FTX SoCal - LA area (this is where everything gets pushed hard).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 minutes ago, strat919 said:

Only thing I can navigate to is a create new flight plan. I cannot find anything with a load flight plan.

Are you sure you loaded the flight plan into P3D after you placed the aircraft onto the departure airfield? It loads the flight plan automatically and should show you the magenta line on the G1000.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Thanks a bunch Viking! I didn't know you had to load via the flight planner. I was thinking the flight plan was placed where the g1000 would see it and I would select it from stored plans.

Quick heads-up - I just uploaded another update - v1.050, available on the "My Account / Downloads" page.

Sean Moloney
vertxsim.com

Vertx DA62 Change Log

V 1.050 – 23 December 2018

• Modified engine code to fix the sudden RPM over-speed bug. Was finally able to reproduce the bug and track down the exact cause.

• Modified engine master switch code to fix the problem that was causing the engine master switches to be stuck in the ‘off’ position. I’m fairly confident this problem is now solved (the fix appears to have worked for a few customers so far).

• Modified the code that controls the G1000 start-up fan sound to fix a minor bug.

Edited by Sean Moloney
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1