Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

18 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

When and where do I activate the approach in flight plan, b/c if I activate it - the plane skips the plan and goes straight to the first approach fix (you already mentioned this on your videos) but when is the right time to activate?

Thanks

OK, I divide that into several postings. In most cases, as soon as you activate (not load) the approach, a direct-to to the iaf gets executed. The answer might be easy? As soon as you are ready to proceed to the iaf, activate the approach. What you can do to reduce workload in the cockpit, choose appr/transition and load it, but do not activate yet. Activate later when you are ready to proceed to the iaf.

One possible solution.

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

1 hour ago, rudi0310 said:

update v1.052

"Hotfix", in v1.050 only, input of waypoint designators (airport icao etc) via PC keyboard is broken. This is fixed in v1.052

No other changes.

Thank you Rudi,

good to know. This lovely aircraft is getting better and better !

Btw., your videos are great, very informative and a nice addition to  the "theoretical-stuff" in the manuals.

Regards

• Like 1

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

13 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

What do i do when the airports have no RNAV GPS - how do I set it up automatically (I am 100% sure that I am doing wrong)

I do not understand the question.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

15 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

and sometimes there is a hold in the flight approach, and the plane just gets stuck on the hold and doesn't go to the next way point to landing (again doing something wrong here).

I want first have a look into that, to be able to offer a complete and accurate answer.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

@rudi0310 - thanks I will be posting a quick flight plan made and where I am getting a stuck.

@Sean Moloney wow so many updates today....Thank You!!!!

Guys, thank you for making a very Merry Christmas on my end.  I am mixing family time and simming today...b/c we have the time to do so.

Happy Holidays to you guys 

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

the plane just gets stuck on the hold and doesn't go to the next way point to landing (again doing something wrong here).

Sorry to all, I divide the answer into several postings, easier for me to handle at the moment, being somewhat busy here.

The standard procedure to exit a holding: during holding you are in "SUSP" mode" see bottom of PFS there is a button, and a holding symbol above the AFCS status box (also PFD). Press the "SUSP" button to exit suspend mode. "Technically", the entire holding is handled internally as one single flight plan leg. To simplify things somewhat, I limit my answer to this at the moment. Try it out, ask again if it does not work.

Regarding keyboard entries, if someone is in doubt if he makes  mistakes, I demonstrate that twice:

go to 1:15 (part of a flight plan)

or

go to 22.:05 (complete flight plan)

I use PC keyboard for all waypoints in this examples, but not for altitude constraints. Watch in my video how the cursor has to look like. The "click" sounds you hear during designator input are responses of "the MFD" to my PC keyboard inputs.

Happy holidays, Skywolf!

Edited by rudi0310
typos
  • Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Does anyone know how to make a flightplan that returns to the departure airport.  I was trying to do some procedures today and was flying out of Lake Tahoe (KTVL).  The flightplan was KTVL SWR KTVL.  Once airborne I was going to load the GPS RWY 18 approach. As an aside, if you have Activesky this is great to do today as you get very close to mins in snow on the approach.  Anyway my problem is that the G1000 with this flightplan automatically selects SWR->KTVL as the active leg.  How do you select the KTVL->SWR as the active leg?  I ended up having to depart using the VOR which is fine but then had trouble activating the approach and getting myself direct to the HETRY waypoint in GPS NAV mode.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

46 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Does anyone know how to make a flightplan that returns to the departure airport.  I was trying to do some procedures today and was flying out of Lake Tahoe (KTVL).  The flightplan was KTVL SWR KTVL.  Once airborne I was going to load the GPS RWY 18 approach. As an aside, if you have Activesky this is great to do today as you get very close to mins in snow on the approach.  Anyway my problem is that the G1000 with this flightplan automatically selects SWR->KTVL as the active leg.  How do you select the KTVL->SWR as the active leg?  I ended up having to depart using the VOR which is fine but then had trouble activating the approach and getting myself direct to the HETRY waypoint in GPS NAV mode.

How to activate a leg, one possible solution (choose SWR waypoint in your case); goto 20:12

you might be in suspend mode then, which has to be switched off, why and how shown a minute before. Go to 19:18

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

You should be able to highlight SWR and then press menu then activate leg.  It should say something like "fly from KTVL to SWR?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You could enter a flight plan, say from KOAK to KTVL, enter the approach. Take off from KTVL on a heading towards HETRY ( in hdg mode) and then select Direct-to HETRY and fly the approach.

bob

Ok thanks. Will try again. The G1000 can really hand out some unintended turns when you are loading an approach and depending on the mode you are in. I had it turning around in the mountains which was not a good thing. 

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just tried it with ASP4, it worked, almost, almost, had to do a missed approach, the vnav did'nt work, maybe I picked up HETRY to early, anyways the method was ok, .

Bob

You can inverse the flight plan - click flight plan and then menu - you will see it.  This is unreal G1000, so much of is there.  Probably one of the best addon for 2018-2019 for me hands down.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I'm giving strong consideration to giving myself one extra Xmas gift...the Vertx DA62. One question I do have is which installation method does it use... the P3D XML method, or the older classic cfg method?

Thx,

Mike 

Edited by orbmis

3 minutes ago, orbmis said:

I'm giving strong consideration to giving myself one extra Xmas gift...the Vertx DA62. One question I do have is which installation method does it use... the P3D XML method, or the older classic cfg method?

One tidbit I also have, is there some sort of tie-in between Vertx & the FSX RealAir folks?? Seems I've come across a couple posts which may indicate that.

Mike 

Hi Mike,

Treat yourself!. Yes this addon uses the more modern XML method of installation. So it can be installed anywhere. Also I believe Sean was part of the Real Air development team.

Enjoy the Aircraft! 🙂