Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Same here. The offset seems to get smaller when you are very close to the airport.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I thought if you had an ILS approach programmed into the flightplan the G1000 is supposed to automatically tune the ILS freq and switch the CDI to vor mode upon reaching the initial approach fix? 

I was doing a flight yesterday following my progress on Navigraph map & noticed the aircraft was not squarely on the track as usually is with GTN equipped aircraft but off set also.

Reinstalled P3D & the DA yesterday afternoon (for other issues) so will see how today's flight goes.

Beautiful aircraft to fly though. One of the few that don't unrealistically try to dive to the ground as soon as you bank for a turn.

Edited by Rossco

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

1 hour ago, JRS182 said:

I thought if you had an ILS approach programmed into the flightplan the G1000 is supposed to automatically tune the ILS freq and switch the CDI to vor mode upon reaching the initial approach fix? 

Yeah, on nav radios the ILS frequency is automatically set.  But the CDI switch to VOR did not happen automatically.  About to do a test flight to test it

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Perhaps a good sign others are seeing the offset map problem then! Will continue to follow that one - it's no biggie for some of us VFR fanatics.

Honestly though bugs aside this has to be one of the best add-ons I've purchased. It's an incredibly stable plane to fly (is that the plane, the fantastic work modelling it, or both?!), the performance is top notch and I think it's the best G1000 I've seen in P3D 🙂

• Upvote 1

I got the ILS down - wow - It picks up automatically and what not - All i have to do is press Appr button.  LPV+ landings are my favorite but why do not all airports have that data?

Edited by Skywolf

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Quick report on this mornings flight. Aircraft remained about 1 nm to right of track showing both in the G1000 & on the Navigraph map.

Also did an ILS landing in the soup & had an issue with the AP having me fly to the right of the LOC. Will fly it again & see what happens.

Edit: Second approach starting with nil weather then introducing real wx via AS went fine with aircraft remaining on the localizer.

Edited by Rossco

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

2 hours ago, Tawmu said:

Perhaps a good sign others are seeing the offset map problem then! Will continue to follow that one - it's no biggie for some of us VFR fanatics.

Honestly though bugs aside this has to be one of the best add-ons I've purchased. It's an incredibly stable plane to fly (is that the plane, the fantastic work modelling it, or both?!), the performance is top notch and I think it's the best G1000 I've seen in P3D 🙂

It is very stable, one can start thinking that nothing much can upset it, but this afternoon, leaving KJAC and flying west over Mts. I ran into some very unsettling cross winds on opposite slope ('twas most exciting for about 10 - 20 minutes) enveloped in dense clouds. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

This is for sure a fantastic aircraft. Coming from 90% airliner flying it's the opposite now since buying the DA62.

I followed the discussions about the navigation data, no SIDs, no STARs. But I can say she flies all up-to-date procedures

just fine. I create a flightplan in EFB2 (latest airac) including SID, STAR, Approach, this plan gets written into P3D4 and shows

up in the G1000 exactly as per the charts. The G1000 probably doesn't know that the plane is flying a SID or STAR but I don't care.

The only think I haven't figured or it might not be possible is to load/activate an approach. When trying to load an approach the

G1000 looks into the P3D4 old navigation database and then my STAR gets messed up.

Is this correct? To have VOR1 (ILS) and CDI autotune I would have to activate the approach in the G1000?

For now I set frequency and CDI manually. Anyways it's a lot of fun and a lot to learn flying the DA62.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

I got FSAerodata 3 month sub wit 1 month navigraph - OMG it is amazing, it installs above my orbx sceneries that way, all my old airports have latest data showing up in DA62.  Amazing!!!!!

FSAerodata will show up sid and stars on the DA62 - I did one flight last night with the data, and it showed up

13 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I got FSAerodata 3 month sub wit 1 month navigraph - OMG it is amazing, it installs above my orbx sceneries that way, all my old airports have latest data showing up in DA62.  Amazing!!!!!

FSAerodata will show up sid and stars on the DA62 - I did one flight last night with the data, and it showed up

can you fly SID and STARS in the G1000? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

19 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

can you fly SID and STARS in the G1000? 

I didn't see the SID STAR info - but I did see the transition just like on the charts - and was able to do LPV approaches.  I do not know how SID and STAR option looks like in G1000 - so I can not say.  I wanted to LPV landing on Orbx KORS and FSAeroData helped me with the data...prior to that, some old orbx sceneries LPV data was missing or outdated.  Now it seems to be working like a boss.  

Must have FSareodata with Vertx DA62 

• Upvote 1

Neither "Select Arrival" and "Select Departure" is functioning for me, despite updated navdata from fsaerodata. But that is by design. Not sure why Skywolf would clain otherwise.

I use LittleNavMap and drag/drop the FPL using the departure/arrival overlays in littlenavmap and then export it in PLN-format.

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

7 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Neither "Select Arrival" and "Select Departure" is functioning for me, despite updated navdata from fsaerodata. But that is by design. Not sure why Skywolf would clain otherwise.

I use LittleNavMap and drag/drop the FPL using the departure/arrival overlays in littlenavmap and then export it in PLN-format.

I did mention above about Sid and Stars - no idea on how it looks like on G1000.  I will be posting a thread later with one flight with pictures showing on how FSAerodata is working to the locations where I want to - I just did only 1 flight test with it so far. 

I am still learning all about these avionics by reading the manual and what not.

Edited by Skywolf

10 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

In which menu do you find the "Select Departure" option?

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|