Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

3 hours ago, 238932 said:

I've been flying the 62 since its release and love it except for a weird behaviour with the autopilot.

I'm used to big tubeliners sos it might be my fault but:

when using the autopilot, after a while the plane will start to fly crabed with a big slip, if i turn off the yaw damper of the autopilot the plane straighten up. it if turn the YD again the plane will crab again until the end of the flight.

Is there a way to correct this ?

Some ideas: I assume your rudder trim is centered and your pedals are centered/calibrated. P3D itself sometimes assign "new" keys, can lead to rudder misaligment "after a while" for example. In most cases "strange" flight behaviour was a FSUIPC config problem so far.

Uninstall the aircraft. After that, delete the folder manually to delete remaining files. Re-Install it. You will loose your engine hours

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

3 hours ago, 238932 said:

I've been flying the 62 since its release and love it except for a weird behaviour with the autopilot.

I'm used to big tubeliners sos it might be my fault but:

when using the autopilot, after a while the plane will start to fly crabed with a big slip, if i turn off the yaw damper of the autopilot the plane straighten up. it if turn the YD again the plane will crab again until the end of the flight.

Is there a way to correct this ?

I experienced this today also. It had nothing to do with the rudder trim as it was centered & the only way to correct it was by turning off the yaw damper. Just finished a one hour flight & did not have it happen this time. Think this might be some kind of bug? I had nil wind today when it happened & it was constantly showing a slight bank to the right with yaw damper on.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

11 minutes ago, Rossco said:

I experienced this today also. It had nothing to do with the rudder trim as it was centered & the only way to correct it was by turning off the yaw damper. Just finished a one hour flight & did not have it happen this time. Think this might be some kind of bug? I had nil wind today when it happened & it was constantly showing a slight bank to the right with yaw damper on.

Never experienced that or heard about. Most who have problems, have it from beginning, not after a while during flight, and is caused by FSUIPC config. Do you use Active Sky?

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

For what it is worth..

I had the same problem and traced it to my rudder pedals. Even so they were calibrated fine and the rudder trim was "0", I always had this bank to the right. Then I kicked the pedals and the pane flew level as it should. Since then I concentrate on getting the pedals to what they think is "0" and it works.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

55 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

For what it is worth..

I had the same problem and traced it to my rudder pedals. Even so they were calibrated fine and the rudder trim was "0", I always had this bank to the right. Then I kicked the pedals and the pane flew level as it should. Since then I concentrate on getting the pedals to what they think is "0" and it works.

That sounds suspiciously like part of the pre-flight routine, check control surfaces work. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

51 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

That sounds suspiciously like part of the pre-flight routine, check control surfaces work. :smile:

Yeah, also known as "kick the tire, light the fire"...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

2 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Never experienced that or heard about. Most who have problems, have it from beginning, not after a while during flight, and is caused by FSUIPC config. Do you use Active Sky?

Hi Rudi,

Yes I do use AS however I did not have it on at the time of this flight.

Also regarding my rudder pedals they are MFG Xwinds & calibration is OK. I also disconnected the auto pilot & yawed with the pedals but this did not fix the issue during that flight. I even checked fuel imbalance but that was alright as well. Pedals worked no problem during taxi & take off.

As I mentioned a subsequent flight was fine so will bring it up if it happens again.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

12 hours ago, Rossco said:

Hi Rudi,

Yes I do use AS however I did not have it on at the time of this flight.

Also regarding my rudder pedals they are MFG Xwinds & calibration is OK. I also disconnected the auto pilot & yawed with the pedals but this did not fix the issue during that flight. I even checked fuel imbalance but that was alright as well. Pedals worked no problem during taxi & take off.

As I mentioned a subsequent flight was fine so will bring it up if it happens again.

That behaviour can occur when the rudder trim is not perfectly centred. To make absolutely sure rudder trim is centred hover your mouse over the rudder trim wheel - if it doesn't show '0' then that is likely the problem. Even a value of '1' can cause a crab with yaw damper engaged. If the rudder trim is centred, then make sure that something else isn't affecting rudder or rudder trim in some way - for example FSUIPC or maybe an add-on such as Accu-Feel.

Sean
vertxsim.com

Edited by Sean Moloney

Hi Sean,

I had checked to make sure the rudder trim was centered & the MFG pedals are self calibrating so neither Windows or FSUIPC have been used to calibrate.

Also I don't have Accu-Feel.

This may well have been a one off as I did another couple of flights this morning with no issue in this regard.

I had sent you an email yesterday with some other problems Iv'e encountered & they were still present today.

Cheers, Ross

4 hours ago, Sean Moloney said:

That behaviour can occur when the rudder trim is not perfectly centred. To make absolutely sure rudder trim is centred hover your mouse over the rudder trim wheel - if it doesn't show '0' then that is likely the problem. Even a value of '1' can cause a crab with yaw damper engaged. If the rudder trim is centred, then make sure that something else isn't affecting rudder or rudder trim in some way - for example FSUIPC or maybe an add-on such as Accu-Feel.

Sean
vertxsim.com

It was probably that, I don't use the cockpit tips so it is not evident that the rudder trim is centered if you don't pay attention. I did a quick hop to check it and it indeed recreates the symptoms I had and centering the rudder trim fixes if. Thanks for your and everyone else's help.

And thanks for a fantastic product sean.

One little tip - if you double-click the rudder trim wheel it will perfectly centre the rudder trim.

Sean

vertxsim.com

• Upvote 4

Looking at the plane there is seating for 3 person on the first row and 2 on the second row.

However in the P3D setting for fuel and balance there is only 2 passenger seat on the first row.

4 hours ago, Bushido5 said:

Looking at the plane there is seating for 3 person on the first row and 2 on the second row.

However in the P3D setting for fuel and balance there is only 2 passenger seat on the first row.

The Diamond brochure states "seating for 7" :wink:

Bert

17 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think that's a difference from the real world. The European version has 5 seats to get under some kind of legal limit I believe.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

So there is indeed a discrepency. It miss one seat on the first passenger row in the payload option of P3D.