Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

1 hour ago, MattGarner said:

Nice little plane for sure - Can't wait for further updates and I also hope a paint kit will be available at some point as well. Might be a silly question for such a small plane but would be helpful with planning/calculations for longer fights is for a PFPX profile. Or at least a direction into where all the figures can be obtained. 

Quite a bit of info here (Under Performance tab) -

https://www.diamondaircraft.com/aircraft/da62/

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Addition

Bill  N7IBG     

18 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

Quite a bit of info here (Under Performance tab) -

https://www.diamondaircraft.com/aircraft/da62/

Bill

Thanks - Some of that has helped but it still requires a lot of data that I don't have or that website can provide at the moment I don't think. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Am I the only one to find this add-on to be highly unstable?

I seem to be getting ctd's when ever there is a higher load on the system (complex scenery , clouds etc) AND I try to fiddle around with the gps.

what annoys me the most is that I need to raise those issues in an Avsim P3d general forum.....Now, how difficult could it be to get a dedicated forum on vertx website or even ask avsim to open one if the former is not doable for whatever reason.

In the manual you have an email address to reach Sean for official support.

That's professional and fair I believe.

Sean continues the tradition of former RealAir to do support by email.

There is a cost, I believe, to have a commercial forum here at AVSIM.

Edited by Simicro
  • Like 1

- TONY -

On 1/15/2019 at 5:16 PM, somiller said:

I have found the DA62's G1000 to be fairly robust, but I continue to have some problems with RVAV LPV approaches at some airports.

I am using the latest Navigraph AIRAC, and have updated P3D database with fsaerodata. I have tried RNAV LPV approaches at several airports in my region...some work fine, and others don't. Lateral guidance works fine, it's glide paths that don't work on some approaches.

Examples:

(P3D stock) KTOL RNAV 25 LPV - glide path indicator shows on the PFD, approach mode selected, with GP armed (white). Well past what should be GP intercept, the GP indicator is still pegged top of the scale and never moves, and GP mode never becomes active...UNTIL...almost over the runway, requiring a 1700 - 2000 fpm decent to make the touchdown point. Interestingly, KTOL RNAV 07 LPV works perfectly.

(P3D stock) 7W5 RNAV 28 LPV - same thing

(P3D stock) KDFI RNAV 12 LPV - same thing

(Orbx) LOWI RNAVZ 08 LPV - same symptoms, however, instead of GP indicator pegged at top of scale, it's at the bottom, and I can descend to the ground several miles before the runway, and it never moves up on the scale.

My fsaerodata library insertion point is at the top of my scenery list.

I've flown most of these same approaches in aircraft with RXP GTN750 (AIRAC 1803) and GP function works flawlessly, so I'm thinking some kind of bug in the G1000 implementation in the DA62.

I'd be curious if any of you with fsaerodata have encountered similar problems, or if you could try some of the above approaches to confirm my findings.

Kind Regards,

I have nothing to add to this but I am experiencing this also...exactly as you have described

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Hi all, I have a request for help.

I have recently added a TomatoShade preset to my P3Dv4, and, exactly as Sean tells in the user guide, page 6, the textures of my DA62 look very bad. Maybe anyone knows what tweaks should I make in TomatoShade for recovering the wonderful original look of the plane?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Félix FdC

Oviedo (Spain)

i9-9900K / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 2070 8 GB / W10 64

9 minutes ago, rickgo said:

I have nothing to add to this but I am experiencing this also...exactly as you have described

rickgo,

I've emailed Sean, but unfortunately I emailed the address on their website, not the support email in the manual - received no response after 2 days.

I just forwarded to the support email, so I'll post here when/if I hear something from Vertx.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 1/13/2019 at 6:55 PM, ha5mvo said:

seems like a decent product, however, there’s very little in the way of documentation other than references to the docs of the real thing. 

In addition there seems to be no public support...

On 1/13/2019 at 7:24 PM, simbol said:

The official website has an email to communicate with the developer, have you tried emailing him?

On 1/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, rudi0310 said:

There is a user guide you should walk through, access via the DA62 config tool you installed. Answers a lot of questions.There is also contact info for support included, page 50. 

12 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Am I the only one to find this add-on to be highly unstable?

I seem to be getting ctd's when ever there is a higher load on the system (complex scenery , clouds etc) AND I try to fiddle around with the gps.

what annoys me the most is that I need to raise those issues in an Avsim P3d general forum.....Now, how difficult could it be to get a dedicated forum on vertx website or even ask avsim to open one if the former is not doable for whatever reason.

You did not do more than counting the pages of the user manual, but you know exactly that it is "insufficient"?

1000+ pages of docs are not acceptable for you, because they come frome the real thing, not Vertx, how strange is that?

You ask, get answers, but do not try it out, or at least respond? You do not say "thank you" after others invest their private time and answer?

What do you expect? That somebody searches the info for you, copy and paste and post one and a half page regarding CTD? Friendly people get friendly answers... Or are you just looking for a fight?

No forum in the world can help you I guess, regardless of its name or where it is hosted.

My personal impression so far. And personal view.

• Like 4

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

11 hours ago, Simicro said:

There is a cost, I believe, to have a commercial forum here at AVSIM.

AVSIM doesn't charge us for hosting official commercial forums here.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

I have found on my own system the plane is very stable and I haven’t had a single CTD yet with it. So there may be something on your end that is triggering for that to happen. Have you looked at the event viewer to get more information on what caused the crash? That could be useful to provide to Sean to see if there is anything that needs fixing with the product.

Also it has been mentioned that there will be a forum coming at some point where you can post these things in the very near future. It was mentioned close to Christmas, I wouldn’t expect it to be much longer where there will be an official place to get help and an alternative to the email that’s offered on the site and in the manual. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

The Vertx Diamond DA62 is a great add-on for P3D.  The manual supplied is totally sufficient to operate this aircraft.  Sean and Rudi have always been there to help out if needed.  The G1000 is a complex navigation system and as such just might require some study time.  For basic use, select a flight plan in P3D and the flight plan is then in the G1000.

I would like to give my thanks to Sean for such a great add-on and at, to me, an unbelievably low price.  I would also like to thank Rudi for his work producing tutorial videos and advice.

No CTD's here, just smooth performance.

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Bill  N7IBG     

1 hour ago, Bill Griffith said:

The Vertx Diamond DA62 is a great add-on for P3D.  The manual supplied is totally sufficient to operate this aircraft.  Sean and Rudi have always been there to help out if needed.  The G1000 is a complex navigation system and as such just might require some study time.  For basic use, select a flight plan in P3D and the flight plan is then in the G1000.

I would like to give my thanks to Sean for such a great add-on and at, to me, an unbelievably low price.  I would also like two thank Rudi for his work producing tutorial videos and advice.

No CTD's here, just smooth performance.

Bill

I can only support you here Bill.

It is an amazing Addon.

• Like 4

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

9 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

You did not do more than counting the pages of the user manual, but you know exactly that it is "insufficient"?

1000+ pages of docs are not acceptable for you, because they come frome the real thing, not Vertx, how strange is that?

You ask, get answers, but do not try it out, or at least respond? You do not say "thank you" after others invest their private time and answer?

What do you expect? That somebody searches the info for you, copy and paste and post one and a half page regarding CTD? Friendly people get friendly answers... Or are you just looking for a fight?

No forum in the world can help you I guess, regardless of its name or where it is hosted.

My personal impression so far. And personal view.

Rudi,

Sorry for the late response. I don't frequent those forums ever so often and even when I did, this thread had probably gone down to the second or third page so I might have missed it.

Again, Sorry if you feel or get the impression that I come here trolling. This is certainly not the intention. I'm only pointing out what in my opinion is a glaring gap in the support envelope for the product, namely the lack of a support forum.

This obviously doesn't detract from yours or anyone else's attempts at assistance. Perhaps "Realair" had a history of email support but that in itself does not necessarily imply that it is a good thing.

As a matter of fact, most, if not all addons - from the most simple to the most complex have some sort of a forum. The 1000+ pages from diamond or Garmin do not contain a single line about CTDs, Navigraph/Aerodata integration or anything that is sim related. The developer, on the other hand, can't and shouldn't be responding by email to each and every operation related question! Yet,  such questions are bound to pop up and should not be brushed off with an RTFM answer.

Do you really think that the right place for a simple question about the operation of the Garmin 1000 is in an email or a post in some non related general forum of a flight simulation website? Or is the user not allowed to ask simple questions? 

PMDG has made a great manual for their aging 737 and there are tons of tutorial videos, yet their forum is as lively as ever even years after the product had reached its stable state. Why do you think it is so?

I honestly feel strange in having to explain the absolute NEED for a support forum for such an addon as I believe I am just stating the obvious.

After playing with the "code" slider to no avail I have given up on trying to resolve the CTD issues in the hope they will resolve eventually in a future iteration. Given there's such a slider in the first place probably means I'm not the only one to experience this but since there's no place for an open discussion , I can't judge on its prevalence.

@ha5mvo

your answer starts very friendly first, but then it drifts away into a lot of partly somewhat unfair accuses/assumptions into a lot of directions which have nothing to do with my posting, which still seems to apply.

1 - Let me point out that I have absolutely no problem when "simple" questions are asked. Many infos regarding the DA62 are widely spread over many postings and many threads. The DA 62 is a complex aircraft, and IFR/approaches are new to many. A lot of docs, overwhelming. I understand that it can be difficult to find an info or even get an  overview, get things sorted out. I am glad when I can help, regardless if the same questions arise again and again. 

2 - I do not "brush off" questions with a "RTFM answer". Do not declare this as the "RTFM" polemic usual in some  communities. If I decide to post an answer, point to the user guide or to my videos as the optimal solution is my decision and has nothing to do with any kind of arrogance, taunt or criticism what, when and why someone asked. When I point to the Vertx user guide, my intention also is, that more and more users find out that this one is really very helpful, easy to understand, in a nutshell. A real guide, dedicated to the user. To open the user guide from an empty desktop takes 4 mouse clicks, less than 10 seconds. Type ctrl + f, "CTD", enter, 5 seconds. You find yourself at page 21. The CTD topic has a length of one and a half page, starts at page 21. Much better than if I would try to formulate all that in my own words. Why should I do this extra work? If the user does not understand what is written in the user guide or elsewhere, or has not gained an overview across several documents, or if a request can answered in a nutshell and this saves the questioner a lot of search, this is a completely different task. I am sorry that the CTD info did not help in your case, but it would have been nice to have gotten this feedback earlier, not several days and accuses regarding "lack of support" later and after I had to ask twice. Again, I expect a minimum of kindness, feedback and cooperation. I see no duty at my side to offer support, in your case definitely not anymore. See also here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548863-vertxsim-da62-and-little-nav-map-p3d-v44/?do=findComment&comment=3960230

Regarding support forums, my two cents (the PMDG section at AVSIM you mentioned is a very bad example, technically has  absolutely no relationship with the common publisher's support forums): 
1 - I do not want to register and to create a user account for every item I buy in my hopefully long life: In most cases as a non-customer, even in many cases as a customer, for write access, often even for read access, to the support forum  of a publisher I have to register and to create a new user account, assign a new passwort, have to keep my records up to  date.  
2 - In many cases access is only granted after purchase. Even then access may be restricted to the product I own, no  chance to have a look into the other forum sections. What about people who are interested, but do not own yet? How many users got interested in the Vertx DA62 as the result of the "enthusiastic" discussions here at AVSIM? 
3 - In one "support forum" I have access complete threads "disappear" completely after a few days (get moved into a closed  admin/mod section)! Thread list is always clean, not much problems/issues. A big bluff. Unacceptable information  hiding in my eyes. And absolutely no help if someone has an issue and searches for informations. 
4 - there are some publisher's forums which exhibit more or less censorship of any kind. This is definitely not the 
case at a public forum like AVSIM. 
I do not want to discuss here why many publisher set it up this way, in many aspects/cases this might be centered at the interests of the publisher, not the customers. 
Do not consider this as any kind of pre-judgement or pre-rating regarding a possibly upcoming Vertx forum of any kind. 

Therefore I prefer public forums in general. The lack of a "Vertx support forum" is not a "gap" in my eyes. I see absolutely no reason why AVSIM should not be the right place for "open discussions", nobody has ever hindered that here AFAIK, like in some publisher's forums. Even in such forums threads disappear from the front page after some time and the search function might have to be used.

Regarding email support as an alternative, this is a decision of Vertx and the Vertx customer requesting support. No statements from my side.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only