Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Dear Ruedi:

Thank you so much for your time to understand and reply my queries. I am enjoying your videos and trying to learn.

By the way, I wanted to make a user created HOLD at a waypoint or present position. But I didn't find the option. Is the option available in Vertx DA62 G1000?

Haseen.

14 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear Ruedi:

Thank you so much for your time to understand and reply my queries. I am enjoying your videos and trying to learn.

By the way, I wanted to make a user created HOLD at a waypoint or present position. But I didn't find the option. Is the option available in Vertx DA62 G1000?

Haseen.

Dear Haseen,

the three different possible types are not implemented:in the Vertx G1000:
- hold at present position
- hold at waypoint
- hold at direct-to

Cheers,
Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting on the ground at YWLM (Williamtown Military) parked at the fuel box, with the door open and the parking brake on, and have selected ground power to on at the overhead.

I've been sitting here for about 4 hours (maybe, less) with the electrical and avionics masters, panel lights and cabin lights on, playing with the radios and reading the docs. I walked away for a while and came back and the PFD and MFD were both off, all the masters are still on, and ground power says "ON" when you hover the mouse over it. I can only assume the battery has gone flat, and the ground power never activated when I selected it to ON, or the load was greater than ground power could supply. Is there a way to know when ground power is selected and on, other than hovering the switch?

Is anyone willing to give this a go and see if there is an issue with ground power, or tell me if I've left out a critical step in the process?

Thanks i advance,

Dear Ruedi:

Today I purchased & installed Hi Fi Active Sky(AS). After that I loaded Vertxsim DA62. But some strange things happened:

1. G1000 display units took long time to boot up after I turned master batt sw on.

2. Engines could not be started. 

3. Both in PFD and MFD topographic displays lost.

Then I adjusted code settings (Advanced menu), re-installed xml.dll files no help. Uninstalled AS. Still no help. Then I unistalled/re-installed Vertx DA62. Then topo came back. Now it appears to me that I can't use AS and Vertx DA 62 at the same time. I posted to AS Support forum. But no reply so far. Kindly help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Strange indeed. I use AS and the DA62 from the beginning, no problems on my end. 

What settings (cloud resolution) do you have in AS?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Dear Viking01:

I am new to AS. Didn't change any settings. I wonder why AS would affect Vertx DA62 G1000 topographics display.

Regards,

Haseen.

The only thing I can think of is that the clouds are set too high so that your system is overloaded and thus not displaying the G1000 properly. Just a thought...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Dear Viking:

All that I remember Active Sky prompted to set cloud density to maximum in the p3d graphics option. But I uninstalled AS, unistalled/re-installed Vertx DA62. Then da62 topograph became ok. P3d v4 graphics setting is still supposed to be at max.

Haseen.

Love this plane! 

Question: Is the MFD/PFD Dimming enabled?
Trying some night flying and in weather, but in VR the displays are just too bright. The Menu pages that should have the dimmer night/day settings don't seem to be implemented. 

Or am I missing something???

So,

Can someone tell me which website and forum hosts the "CTD and technical issues" thread?  As this one is obviously the "superlatives and operator questions" one.

I have sent an email sometime last Thursday yet never got any reply, not even as much as a confirmation.

Seriously, I know that this isn't about a cure for cancer and I'm not demanding anything that's "right here right now" but there should be some channel of communication other than posting on some random thread in a random forum in the hope that someone in the know would at some point pick it up....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear Ruedi:

Today I purchased & installed Hi Fi Active Sky(AS). After that I loaded Vertxsim DA62. But some strange things happened:

1. G1000 display units took long time to boot up after I turned master batt sw on.

2. Engines could not be started. 

3. Both in PFD and MFD topographic displays lost.

Then I adjusted code settings (Advanced menu), re-installed xml.dll files no help. Uninstalled AS. Still no help. Then I unistalled/re-installed Vertx DA62. Then topo came back. Now it appears to me that I can't use AS and Vertx DA 62 at the same time. I posted to AS Support forum. But no reply so far. Kindly help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Dear Haseen,

I also use Active Sky here, but for clouds I use Rex Sky Force. Used this for the first part of video part 4 C for example. Strange problem you have.

You might try out what happens when you install Active Sky first, in a second step the DA62, so that the DA62 is the last one installed. I suggest the following steps:
1 - uninstall the DA62
2 - install AS, fire up P3D, perform a short test of Active Sky in Live Weather Mode.
3 - install the DA62
4 - test the DA62, but without AS running first.
5 - test the DA62 using AS now

Cheers,
Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

Dear Rudi,

concerning your statement regarding a dedicated support forum.

First of all, I have no real issues with the 62, it's a magnificent addon in every regard. I already got in touch with Sean, discussing some ideas I have, and it turned out he is pretty much on the same alley.

But not having a dedicated forum means :

-building a busy community around the product is very difficult

-user experience, mods and contributions are much harder to share

-the same questions are asked over and over again because structured forum sections do not exist

-much more work for dev and support team, as an experienced user could answer the same question as well

-putting the support in an open forum like here is nearly useless, as the threads are lost in the forum structure after some time, and the knowledge is lost.. especially if within the thread the topics are all mixed. Take this thread for example - started as a release info, changed to praising/criticism and now used for support

In my eyes nowadays a community support is a must. Vertx isn't even active on Facebook, which is quite unique, as nearly all other devs share latest updates there and use it for advertising, which works great.

The only official way to get help is per email, which could work, if there was a team behind it - however is only Sean, who is busy with his own life, further development AND answering support questions which could be easily handled by a community forum.

• Like 4

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Dear Ruedi:

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll try and feedback.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Hi Haseen,

and if all that doesn't help, you might try first loading the DA62 at your

desired airport and then start Active Sky. I know that some FSLabs customers

face issues when loading  ActiveSky first and then the FSL Airbus. Might be unique

to the FSL Airbus but you never know.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Hi @MatzeH84

first of all many thanks for your valuable contribution to this topic. I am with you in many points.

No doubt, a dedicated user forum can have its advantages. No worry, guys. My intention never was and never is to block such a forum in general in any way. Not "the official way", not "behind the scenes". It is the decision of Vertx, if, when and what kind of forum will be raised.

But I was personally addressed and accused by a posting, therefore I took the freedom to answer with my personal view, in my property as being an ordinary member here at AVSIM.

From being a ordinary customer/forum user to being a forum mod and community evangelist for a simulator publisher, I have had the "joy" and at the same time more "pain" in my life to witness all kinds of "human factors" over a very broad span of view points. You do not get a good working forum "for free". Not at the user's side. Not at the operator's side.

Cheers,
Rudi

EDRY

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig