Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

11 hours ago, Thud178 said:

Love this plane! 

Question: Is the MFD/PFD Dimming enabled?
Trying some night flying and in weather, but in VR the displays are just too bright. The Menu pages that should have the dimmer night/day settings don't seem to be implemented. 

Or am I missing something???

Brightness of the displays is not adjustable. When HDR is switched off, as recommended in the user guide, it is a little darker.

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

On 1/26/2019 at 1:45 AM, Kangaby said:

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting on the ground at YWLM (Williamtown Military) parked at the fuel box, with the door open and the parking brake on, and have selected ground power to on at the overhead.

I've been sitting here for about 4 hours (maybe, less) with the electrical and avionics masters, panel lights and cabin lights on, playing with the radios and reading the docs. I walked away for a while and came back and the PFD and MFD were both off, all the masters are still on, and ground power says "ON" when you hover the mouse over it. I can only assume the battery has gone flat, and the ground power never activated when I selected it to ON, or the load was greater than ground power could supply. Is there a way to know when ground power is selected and on, other than hovering the switch?

Is anyone willing to give this a go and see if there is an issue with ground power, or tell me if I've left out a critical step in the process?

Thanks i advance,

Hi,

when external power is on, batt voltage raise from 25 to 28 volts and "Amps" raise from zero. Engine-System page.

You did not left out anything critical IMO.

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

I would like to step in at this point and thank Rudi Heilig for his dedication and assistance here for people with questions and problems relating to the DA62. I particularly like the videos you have done, which have been very helpful and were one of the driving forces behind my decision to purchase.

Andrew (an old fan of RealAir and new fan of Vertx!)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I agree, thanks Rudi!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

On 1/27/2019 at 3:39 PM, rudi0310 said:

Dear Haseen,

I also use Active Sky here, but for clouds I use Rex Sky Force. Used this for the first part of video part 4 C for example. Strange problem you have.

You might try out what happens when you install Active Sky first, in a second step the DA62, so that the DA62 is the last one installed. I suggest the following steps:
1 - uninstall the DA62
2 - install AS, fire up P3D, perform a short test of Active Sky in Live Weather Mode.
3 - install the DA62
4 - test the DA62, but without AS running first.
5 - test the DA62 using AS now

Cheers,
Rudi

Dear Rudi:

Sorry for delayed reply due to some family affairs.

I did step by step as you said. Now it seems all ok. Is there any update coming for Vertx DA62 in shot future?

Regards,

Haseen.

Just a few comments from a new DA62 user.  Normally,  I am a high and fast guy flying using a product such as PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus, and even a Captain Sim (ugh).  Keeping up with my Virtual Airlines keeps me busy.,  

I purchased an A2A 182 and Real Air Turbine Duke to try some  GA against my tube liners and enjoyed both.  They certainly entertained me more than the smaller RJ's and the like I purchased and tried to enjoy.  Many purchases have gone to the hanger quickly while others were a real learning experience.

Now the Vertx DA62 is in a whole other league than anything I have purchased and flown.   This DA62 feels like a real aircraft, doing real ac things.  I have only flown a few flights for a total of maybe 1,000 miles and 6 hours and have loved every minute.  The look, the feel, the G1000, the fluidity is just something to enjoy and enjoy some more.  Hand flying is a dream, the autopilot works very well if a bit agressive at times.   

No doubt there are a few things, I would like to see changed and/or added but nothing to keep me from flying the bargain basement priced wonder aircraft.  If you don't have it, you should.  If for no other reason than it is likely the best GA aircraft currently available and all simmers should have and fly GA from time to time.  Many RL airline pilots fly GA to keep their actual  flying skills sharp instead  of the  computer doing it for you,  Yes, the G1000 and the autopilot can and will fly this bird but it is so satisfying to takeoff, fly around and land using just skills you know or develop.  Indeed, the autopilot system is a great help for transit flights that are more than a few miles away but then, why would you try to have the autopilot do  the final approach?  Heck,  thats a skill test and lots of fun.

I vote for a support forum.  If for no other reason than Vertx is going to have lots of ac owners and future developments will let us help each other learn and fly the aircraft now and as the are created.

• Like 4

I understand the wanting and needing a support forum, but when a single person does commit to a support forum, he or she is left alone to babysit it. If a single person can't answer  questions in a timely manner, then users feel worse than when there wasn't a forum. Vertx has put out a heck of a plane and I'm sure it's still being worked on. Give the dust of publishing time to settle and I'm sure something will be arranged.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Is backcourse LOC approaches are working in the DA62? I tried several time at KALN LOC BC RWY 11 without success.

I selected the cursor to the front course of the LOC as mentioned in the G1000 manual. LOC mode on the CDI. Approach mode armed (LOC white beside the HDG green lateral mode).

I made sure that the intercept heading was more than 105 degrees from the LOC front course as instructed in the G1000 manual also.

"Backcourse Navigation Mode is selected when the localizer front course is greater than 105° from the aircraft
heading. Backcourse Navigation Mode captures and tracks a localizer signal in the backcourse direction. The
annunciation ‘BC’ in the AFCS Status Box indicates Backcourse Navigation Mode."

So I was expecting to see a BC appear but the plane is capturing the LOC in the reverse direction away from the runway.

I tried also to track with Linda the variable "afcs:Nav:BC:Active" and it doesnt change. If I force it to 1 then the airplane follow the backcourse of the LOC as it should.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hi, I have just bought the DA62 and I think It's an awesome model visually speaking but I can't fly it. The G1000 buttons and knows are like freeze after a few minutes of use, every button I push or knob I turn I have to wait for a response getting to the point that It doesn't work anymore.

I have uninstalled the DA62 and I have installed It again with my antivirus off and nothing has changed. I have followed the user guide, even I put the code limiter in the configuration panel at the full right hopping that was the problem but nothing has changed.

I have a fresh P3Dv4 installation with only a third party addon installed (ORBX Global). 

My laptop specs are the following:
i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Home 64bits
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6Gb GDDR5
and I am getting about 50FPS with the DA62 in the sim

Anyone had the same problem or know how could I solve it?

Your CPU is quite weak, I must admit..

Anyways, try moving the slider to the left, not right.

• Like 1

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Does anyone with Mr. Maloney's attention have any information regarding if an update is in progress? and if yes, what it may contain?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

14 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Does anyone with Mr. Maloney's attention have any information regarding if an update is in progress? and if yes, what it may contain?

I don't have any info in regards to an update in progress but you can get Seans attention through his email at his website.

12 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

I don't have any info in regards to an update in progress but you can get Seans attention through his email at his website.

Thanks, I thought I would ask here in case anyone's already reached out to him and has a response. It can get frustrating for these dev. guys to answer the same questions over and over. :smile:

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

2 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Thanks, I thought I would ask here in case anyone's already reached out to him and has a response. It can get frustrating for these dev. guys to answer the same questions over and over. :smile:

I have no inside info at all to be clear but, my impression is that there is work on an update and my guess is we will most likely see more G1000 features added or tweaked as well as maybe some changes to how it uses the data bases. How soon is any ones guess and based on my past experience with RealAir we won't know about it til time for the release.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

14 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I have no inside info at all to be clear but, my impression is that there is work on an update and my guess is we will most likely see more G1000 features added or tweaked as well as maybe some changes to how it uses the data bases. How soon is any ones guess and based on my past experience with RealAir we won't know about it til time for the release.

Fair enough. I came in and purchased the RealAir products I have later in their existence, just before they ceased operations, so I wasn't aware of how they operated in terms of updates. But ok, your experience provides a bit more clarity. 

Thanks.  

Jose A.