Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Hi Some Light for my lights ??  Sean . 😊

Hi i see i'm not up to date , yesterday i upload the last version VertxDA62_P3D4_Setup_1.053

there is lights illuminating the ground  but no too much ....!

Hi Sean send us an @mail when there is an update ...!

Patrick

On 3/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, Karelpatch said:

I think that P3D models icing very bad. I installed a gauge called icev10 which simulates icing better (it builds up and it has real effects on the plane). So I can see when icing happens and it’s to be taken seriously like IRL. 

Edit: best way to create icing conditions is to load the Active Sky Icing scenario!

I had completely forgotten about icev10, that little tool made Aerosoft's Twotter a whole lot more understandable in Northern flights with the Twotter. Thanks for reminding me, I'm off to re-install it.  

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 3/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, MatzeH84 said:

Currently there is no simulation of icing, neither visually nor handling wise.

Does this mean there is no need to put the Pitot switch on ?

I mean even the very first Duke piston modelled the need for this, or the airspeed indicator died ,

5 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

I mean even the very first Duke piston modelled the need for this, or the airspeed indicator died ,

There is a pitot switch and if you don’t put it on (even in hot/warm weather) you will have a nag warning on the alert section of the G1000

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, somiller said:

AndiKunzi,

Take a look at https://www.fsaerodata.com/

fsaerodata updates the P3D navigation database, including addition of SID's and STAR's. Note that a subscription to Navigraph navigation data is required.

I have subscribed to both, and so far I keep my P3D database current with each new update (approx. every 28 days), however, if one were to so choose, one could do a short term subscription just to get P3D updated once, and then stay with that updated database indefinitely.

One note of caution: I have noticed some anomalies using fsaerodata/Navigraph with the DA G1000...namely glide paths for some RNAV LPV approaches are not intercepted at the proper altitude/distance from touchdown point. At some airports, the glide path is intercepted at a point that makes descent angle quite severe. I have notified Sean at Vertx, but so far as I know a fix is not yet available.

Kind Regards,

I have FsAerodata installed in my scenery folder.

Do I need to do anything else, to get the stuff into the GPS ?

8 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

I have FsAerodata installed in my scenery folder.

Do I need to do anything else, to get the stuff into the GPS ?

If you're talking about getting the fsaerodata navdata into the G1000, you do nothing. As long as fsaerodata had been installed properly the data will be available to the G1000. The G1000 implementation in the Vertx DA uses P3D's navdata, so any updates to P3D's navdata will be read by the G1000.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

18 hours ago, somiller said:

If you're talking about getting the fsaerodata navdata into the G1000, you do nothing. As long as fsaerodata had been installed properly the data will be available to the G1000. The G1000 implementation in the Vertx DA uses P3D's navdata, so any updates to P3D's navdata will be read by the G1000.

Kind Regards,

Hmmmm.... I just read somewhere that the panel.cfg file has to be manually edited to point towards a different gps gauge. Is this no longer necessary ?

Thnx

On 4/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, Gabe777 said:

That's a standard feature, even the stock Cessna can do that.

I meant visual wing/ windshield/ prop icing and consequences.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

6 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Hmmmm.... I just read somewhere that the panel.cfg file has to be manually edited to point towards a different gps gauge. Is this no longer necessary ?

Thnx

Are you referring to this, from fsaerodata FAQ's:

"How can be simulated  SIDs and STAR procedures on the GPS units?

fsAerodata implements aprox. 65,000 SIDs and STARs procedures that can be simulated using a new feature available on Prepar3D GPS units. Feature is available with the 'PROC' (Procedures) button.

To enable this feature on any aircraft GPS, the user has to edit the aircraft panel configuration file, replacing the gps type from default version 'fs9gps.cab' to 'p3dgps.cab'."

I took a look at my DA62 panel.cfg and there is no reference to "fs9gps.cab", or "p3dgps.cab". As far as I can recall I have made NO edits to the DA panel.cfg.

Kind Regards,

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Thnx

Not for this airplane.. it uses a custom coded GPS.

• Upvote 1

Bert

So are sids/stars going to be implemented soon as these are important to me. If I have missed that it has been implemented my apologies.

Harry Woodrow

4 hours ago, harrry said:

So are sids/stars going to be implemented soon as these are important to me. If I have missed that it has been implemented my apologies.

This is supposedly in the pipeline for the aircraft as well as Sean looking into the chance for integration with Navigraph though that requires a major re-write of the Vertx G1000 Code to accomplish this.

Currently Sean is busy with Real-Life Obligations at this moment and hopefully we will hear something back from him soon :)

Always Remember in the meantime you still can put in the Waypoints for SIDS/STARS as well as altitude constraints :)

Regards,

Matt

• Like 1

UX4Lh1q.jpg

Thanks Mathew..

I was not blaming Sean...he needs a life, he gives so much to us.  Just a genuine question to decide whether I can keep holding the funds I have for this or put it on something else and wait until I have enough again for it.

Harry Woodrow