Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

17 hours ago, harrry said:

Thanks Mathew..

I was not blaming Sean...he needs a life, he gives so much to us.  Just a genuine question to decide whether I can keep holding the funds I have for this or put it on something else and wait until I have enough again for it.

No Blaming going on just putting out whats currently going on from what I have heard so the community can be informed. Even without such things currently implemented I would Highly recommend the DA62 

• Upvote 1

UX4Lh1q.jpg

How dare Sean have a life !

OK thnx guys.

Treating myself to this for Easter, even though I swore never to have a G1000 due to the generally terrible performance.

Thnx for the advice.

8 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

On 4/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, somiller said:
8 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

How dare Sean have a life !

OK thnx guys.

Treating myself to this for Easter, even though I swore never to have a G1000 due to the generally terrible performance.

Thnx for the advice.

Uh..... the above (1st line) was humour, if you didn't get it.

A warning for this post ?

OMG, this place.

Edited by Gabe777

Being used to Real Air planes with GTN750 (which runs actual Garmin code) I am used to the GPC NAV turns correctly predicting turn points so as to avoid missing the new vector.

But with the DA-62/G1000 I am finding that the plane overshoots turns and then has to overcorrect to get back on course. This is speed independent and happens all the time.

Additionally, If I am on a heading hold to intersect a localiser, no matter what angle I approach the localiser at,when the localised becomes active, the G1000 commands an ugly turn in the wrong direction towards the localiser path, before then making the correct, but usually too late turn direction to intersect and maintain the localiser path. Again its independent of approach speed or heading vector.

I even try to ease it into the localiser turn by tweaking the heading hold to avoid this unwanted behaviour, but each time it happens.

I really hope this can be improved. The GTN750 does it perfectly in the Real Air planes.

I assume Sean is not using the Garmin code for the DA-62, but writing his on GPS code. Can anyone confirm this?

Lastly, I know it's early days for the G1000/DA-62, but I'm surprised at some of the ommisions - for example, I don't see the ability to show the heading vector on the map, and the fact that you cannot manually pan the maps is a real pain - something I do all the time in the GTN750 and rather took for granted that this sim would do.

Is it the intention to add functionality to the G1000 in future, or is what we have now how it is going to be?

21 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Uh..... the above (1st line) was humour, if you didn't get it.

A warning for this post ?

OMG, this place.

That is just sad..... It is kind of a painful thing to watch.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I love it so far! 

Close to A2A Standards!

Only thing I miss is more repaints for it based on real world repaints. I can`t find that anywhere at all, but as far as I have looked on the vertx website, they do not have a paintkit for it either so that maybe be the reason we haven`t seen much more repaints for it yet, but I hope we will see that in the near future!

Just installed in 4.5. Missing landing gear and none of the systems turn on. Any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, nisx said:

Just installed in 4.5. Missing landing gear and none of the systems turn on. Any thoughts?

I had it already installed and running well in 4.4. I upgraded to 4.5 (not hotfix) and it still runs ok. If you are using 4.5 HF maybe there is an issue there

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:18 AM, Airway88 said:

I love it so far! 

Close to A2A Standards!

Only thing I miss is more repaints for it based on real world repaints. I can`t find that anywhere at all, but as far as I have looked on the vertx website, they do not have a paintkit for it either so that maybe be the reason we haven`t seen much more repaints for it yet, but I hope we will see that in the near future!

There are no repaints because there is no layered paint kit. I did start on getting rid of the Vertx logos on the tails and getting rid of the default registrations. I stopped because I wasn't sure if the textures etc weren't going to be updated and my work would have been in vain.

As far as real world paints are concerned Sean seems to have covered all the factory schemes so it would be a case of putting registrations (real ones) on existing paints.

Does that make sense?

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

8 minutes ago, antonvs said:

I had it already installed and running well in 4.4. I upgraded to 4.5 (not hotfix) and it still runs ok. If you are using 4.5 HF maybe there is an issue there

The HF could be the issue. Does anyone have it working with the HF?

1 hour ago, nisx said:

The HF could be the issue. Does anyone have it working with the HF?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/554615-prepar3d-v45-hf1-vertx-diamond-da-62-wing-flex-new-zealand/

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, nisx said:

Open the Vertx app and go to the advanced tab. I did re-install XML tools, sound module, and reset ini files. This worked for me. See pages 22-23 of the manual.

Caution resetting ini files will reset your flight statistics (hours flown, number of landings,
etc).

Edited by BillS511

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Open the Vertx app and go to the advanced tab. I did re-install XML tools, sound module, and reset ini files. This worked for me. See pages 22-23 of the manual.

Caution resetting ini files will reset your flight statistics (hours flown, number of landings,
etc).

Thank you BillS511. I don't have access to the app. After I download and install the 62 the app appears on my desktop and disappears a few seconds later. Really scratching my head on this one... 

Update: Solved... anti-virus issue!

Edited by nisx
update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

etc).

Curious, do you know where the .ini file is. I inadvertently reset the total hrs rather then trip hours and would like to correct it. Thanks

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

1 hour ago, antonvs said:

Curious, do you know where the .ini file is. I inadvertently reset the total hrs rather then trip hours and would like to correct it. Thanks

It's the PanelVar_Default.ini file. The settings are about a third way down. File located in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4\AutoPlay\Files. Any changes you make in the file won't show in the app until after you've loaded the aircraft and closed the sim.