Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

It's the PanelVar_Default.ini file. The settings are about a third way down. File located in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4\AutoPlay\Files. Any changes you make in the file won't show in the app until after you've loaded the aircraft and closed the sim.

Ok thanks. You steered me in the right direction. However I found the file you referenced as it says is the default.ini

The file that stores the live info is just PanelVar.ini, which is in the Panel folder. After I changed the total odometer setting this showed straight away when I next flew the DA62. All good. 

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

8 hours ago, antonvs said:

The file that stores the live info is just PanelVar.ini, which is in the Panel folder. After I changed the total odometer setting this showed straight away when I next flew the DA62. All good. 

Yes, you are correct. That file works too actually better as you stated.

Just curious from those using it in VR.  How clear and readable are the G1000 screens.  I am using a vive pro with 1.5 multiplier through Fly Inside for supersampling

EXTERIOR LANDING LIGHTS ISSUE

Dear Sean, to start with, let me congratulate you for the great work you have done with the DA62. I love flying it. The flying dynamics are superb.
Just a question. When changing from vc to cockpit view (I use GA gauges from Air Manager poped up into a second monitor) my landing lights are not visible on the tarmac. I have the option for LANDING LIGHT reflection on the ground ENABLED in my P3D v4.5 settings. What can I be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mario Castillo del Pino
Malaga, Spain

Edited by Mario Castillo del Pino

5 hours ago, BrettT said:

Just curious from those using it in VR.  How clear and readable are the G1000 screens.  I am using a vive pro with 1.5 multiplier through Fly Inside for supersampling

I use a Vive PRO and have no issues with the Vertx DA62. It runs smoothly with good readable gauages. A great experience. I no longer use flyinside as I could not get the Vive Pro working. My VR is through the P3D.

Edited by pedwards

Paul Edwards

I've done a few flights in v 4.5 HF1 and the Vertx DA62 is stable and performs well.

Simply and outstanding job by Sean.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

16 hours ago, pedwards said:

I use a Vive PRO and have no issues with the Vertx DA62. It runs smoothly with good readable gauages. A great experience. I no longer use flyinside as I could not get the Vive Pro working. My VR is through the P3D.

Thanks Paul!

On 6/4/2019 at 2:52 AM, Mario Castillo del Pino said:

EXTERIOR LANDING LIGHTS ISSUE

Dear Sean, to start with, let me congratulate you for the great work you have done with the DA62. I love flying it. The flying dynamics are superb.
Just a question. When changing from vc to cockpit view (I use GA gauges from Air Manager poped up into a second monitor) my landing lights are not visible on the tarmac. I have the option for LANDING LIGHT reflection on the ground ENABLED in my P3D v4.5 settings. What can I be doing wrong?
Mario Castillo del Pino
Malaga, Spain

Hi Mario, as explained in earlier posts, Sean is unable to offer support at the moment as he is involved with health issues in his family. So in the meantime we have to try and help each other.

I wonder if you can see lights on the runway when in the exterior view? And have you got Dynamic lighting turned on in P3D as from memory that has to be enabled as well.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

On 5 de junio de 2019 at 12:04 AM, antonvs said:

Hi Mario, as explained in earlier posts, Sean is unable to offer support at the moment as he is involved with health issues in his family. So in the meantime we have to try and help each other.

I wonder if you can see lights on the runway when in the exterior view? And have you got Dynamic lighting turned on in P3D as from memory that has to be enabled as well.

Thanks antonvs for the response. Sorry to know about Sean's problems. I send my best wishes to him. I scanned the 27 pages looking for my issue and clumsily did not read about it. My apologies.

Thanks to the community for supporting him and the rest of the happy vertxt flyers. 

Yes. I have the dynamic lighting turned on and everything is working fine in two of the addons planes I usually fly (PMDG 737ngx and Real Air Turbine Duke v2) They show the landing lights on the tarmac from all views (vc, cockpit and external) except Realair Duke and Vertx D62 whose landing lights only show in vc and external, not cockpit view with instruments popped up in a second monitor. I must obviously be setting something wrong in these two but it is weird cause all P3D 4.5 Settings are identical for all of them. The PMDGs and the Duke Turbine works great but the Duke and the Vertx don't. Consequently I only fly them in day time. 

Does anybody have a clue of what I am doing wrong? 

And again my true thoughts to the magic creator of our loved DA62. Hope everything goes well again for him and his family.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's hoping that Sean's family's health issue gets swiftly and happily resolved. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can some kind soul explain where the pitot heat switch is in the Vertex DA62 panel?

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

11 minutes ago, heightsmite said:

Can some kind soul explain where the pitot heat switch is in the Vertex DA62 panel?

Just below the lower right corner of the pilot's G1000 display and between the AV Master and landing gear controls.

40772014943_7e6914d79b_h.jpgATC is vectoring me around to the north by Buffy Foster, on Flickr

Edited by Buffy Foster
Added a picture to make it clearer.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, Buff.  Just found it when you replied.  

• Like 1

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

DA62 is still great, but further development seems to have been pretty much frozen - it's such a good base product, but it still in its teething phase (from the point of view from a user of real-world Diamond aircraft like myself). Especially the G1000 would benefit from further attention. I would hope Vertx would raise the prize on PMDG levels and - over time - keep shaping it more towards the real thing. Any news, guys, that anybody might have?

• Upvote 1