Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

If you make a reasonable facsimile of a DA62 cockpit or any other part of it, wouldn't any facsimile made by anyone be 'eerily' similar?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I wonder if this DA62 is in the new Microsoft Simulator 2020 (no more an April fool's joke).  It is looks eerily similar (cockpit wise) in the Trailer.

I had the same thought.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 6/14/2019 at 9:18 PM, Bazza744 said:

DA62 is still great, but further development seems to have been pretty much frozen - it's such a good base product, but it still in its teething phase (from the point of view from a user of real-world Diamond aircraft like myself). Especially the G1000 would benefit from further attention. I would hope Vertx would raise the prize on PMDG levels and - over time - keep shaping it more towards the real thing. Any news, guys, that anybody might have?

I think any owners of this product would love to see some updates adding features and what not for sure as it has been quite a while since the last update. But looking back through this thread it seems Seans wife or family member is seriously unwell and his time has been taken up by that I believe. Which is very understandable - Hopefully we will hear some new news in the very near future. 

Thankfully the product is still usable and flyable in the latest P3D version! 

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I still think this project should be at least at €100 to support further development. And that's still a joke compared to the time and work invested here. Again, a two-tier approach might do it, like a base and pro product.

so we know our stuff. Be assured. We know every screw on the DA's 🙂

Edited by Bazza744

Wow, I am doing a full reinstall of my P3DV4.5 due to HD failure, thought I would check on the status of this plane, only to find out it came our 6 months ago when I was "wintering" in San Diego....started to read this thread, gave up on page 6 when I realized it was....28 pages long!

Yes I just added to it! Looks like I have to get this plane, it will be interesting to compare to the XP11 version.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

So wait a bit. It's an incomplete but promising project. Regards to BC, one of my favorite places.... 🙂 

The G1000 just needs to be less rudimentary, icing needs to be addressed, but otherwise there is great potential.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, Ron Attwood said:

If you make a reasonable facsimile of a DA62 cockpit or any other part of it, wouldn't any facsimile made by anyone be 'eerily' similar?

Just a thought.

What's a "facsimile"?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

IDK what ppl mean by "incomplete"; it's a great plane and flies real nice.  Even if there are some things ppl want to see polished, it's fully flyable and the G1000 works very well, too.  If you're thinking about getting it, I can't see any reason to wait.

See how much fun you can be having already:

33791361208_8279276f34_h.jpgClimbing out of Weiner Neustadt Ost Airport by Buffy Foster, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

Well. It needs a addon AIRAC system ASAP. To use the built in one is - to be honest - bullfeces.. Even if you update it (which more then often makes other stuff break).

Would also love to see a GTN750 compability which all the Realair products had. Since the G1000 is a bit fiddly sometimes...

Edited by djmarty

2 minutes ago, djmarty said:

Would also love to see a GTN750 compability which all the Realair products had. Since the G1000 is a bit fiddly sometimes...

GTN750 compatibility would be a flightsim hack, not a way to make this a better model of a RW DA62, which would never feature such a thing.  Realair supported the GTN 750 on other planes because they made sense in what were otherwise analog panels.

I'd rather see continued G1000 improvements so that the plane could be flown and managed as it would in the real world.

Scott

• Like 1